Lbphero

If you could remove one mob from the game, who'd it be?

Recommended Posts

Lbphero    2412
11 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Spiders, because they gave me a trauma in adventure mode...

does that include webber?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    7090

MacTusk.. I hate him, so very very much.. no matter how good I am at the game- Ranged Combat in DS is god awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SinancoTheBest    2298

Wee MacTusk. Not killing him keeps me dissatisfied about my McTusk raid and for a hunt almost as frustrating as McTusk he's not worth it at all with his measly one meat. Either he should have a characteristic or leave the constant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaZoul    1045
2 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Wee MacTusk. Not killing him keeps me dissatisfied about my McTusk raid and for a hunt almost as frustrating as McTusk he's not worth it at all with his measly one meat. Either he should have a characteristic or leave the constant.

You need to leave one alive to tell the tale...

After all, dead men tell no tales...

Spoiler

dont watch the movie tho, I hope that goes without saying

 

Edited by DaZoul
  • Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CameoAppearance    2434

Ewecus. Its unique drops range from completely useless to having exactly two highly niche uses (three counting the critter), it can do some serious damage if you don't go on your koalefant hunt prepared for the worst with armor and followers, and it's unpleasant-looking and gross so it doesn't even have cuteness on its side.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meme Answer: Those evil birds!

In reality, I don't think I could ever remove any creature from DST. After taking the time to add some of my own just to have the hours spent drawing sprites, coding prefabs, stategraphs, and brains, and in some cases redoing animations altogether go down the toilet would leave me heartbroken. I wouldn't want that wished upon another soul.

Instead of removing something, why not just make it better?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    7090
3 minutes ago, zee_dragon said:

None

They're all good, some bad but not to the point of needing to be removed entirely.

Ahh except- You CAN remove them entirely. And in fact- people who play around with World Gen presents would know you can already turn MacTusk camps off- I turn them down to less for all my worlds because I seriously just hate them..

Which also means I don’t use Tam’O or Walking Canes very often.. but I don’t care- The fact that Klei gave us the option to custom tailor our worlds to be as easy or as hard as we want them to be is what’s important..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CameoAppearance    2434

I mean, I'm not saying that Ewecus needs to be or should be removed; that's not how I understood the point of this thread at all. I'm saying that if one mob was going to get the chop no matter what, I wouldn't miss the Ewecus and would be a little bit relieved to never have to deal with it again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    2412
14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ahh except- You CAN remove them entirely. And in fact- people who play around with World Gen presents would know you can already turn MacTusk camps off- I turn them down to less for all my worlds because I seriously just hate them..

Which also means I don’t use Tam’O or Walking Canes very often.. but I don’t care- The fact that Klei gave us the option to custom tailor our worlds to be as easy or as hard as we want them to be is what’s important..

you talk about worldgen settings as if 99% of public servers arent set to default except disease is off, and therefore a lot of the time you're not really going to have control over such settings unless you make your own server and exclusively play on that one, like i prefer to play with wildfires set to "Less" but under the majority of circumstances I'm forced to play with it set to default because thats just what the norm in servers are

Edited by Lbphero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    7090
2 hours ago, Lbphero said:

you talk about worldgen settings as if 99% of public servers arent set to default except disease is off, and therefore a lot of the time you're not really going to have control over such settings unless you make your own server and exclusively play on that one, like i prefer to play with wildfires set to "Less" but under the majority of circumstances I'm forced to play with it set to default because thats just what the norm in servers are

Well, at the time of this writing the console I play on does not have public servers, it doesn’t have dedicated or Klei official servers, what the Xbox One has is Player Hosted Servers- Which is to say worlds that are only playable while the host is actively in the session. 

And because our servers are player hosted you could end up in a wide variety of World Gen presets, while yes, a good majority of them are set to default.. you will find the occasional server like mine where the weather seasons change rapidly & unpredictably.

I have seen very very few “long lasting” worlds on Xbox, because generally.. most people host a new world after around 300 days or so.. there are a handful of longer lasting worlds.. but those stand the chance of becoming so laggy they are literally unplayable.

Anyways my point was that Default is not the norm when you have worlds that are constantly being destroyed/created- Worlds that pretty much only last for as long as the host is online and then are never played in again.

 

World Gen Presets give you a ton of control over that and if you only have 30 minutes to an hour to play.. Default is the absolute most boring way of playing the game.

But Klei knew that... and that’s why they gave us these World Gen options to choose super short season lengths so we can experience that content at a faster rate than normal.

And... for those who have time to dedicate to longer play sessions, you can make those seasons long and grueling.

I keep saying that this game is as easy or as hard as you personally want it to be, more and more people need to toy around with World Gen settings so they can experience something beyond just “Default”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbphero    2412
14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well, at the time of this writing the console I play on does not have public servers, it doesn’t have dedicated or Klei official servers, what the Xbox One has is Player Hosted Servers- Which is to say worlds that are only playable while the host is actively in the session. 

Bruh... by public servers, I mean any server that isn't friends-only/private/password protected, This includes player hosted servers, which are a large portion of the PC community.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And because our servers are player hosted you could end up in a wide variety of World Gen presets, while yes, a good majority of them are set to default.. you will find the occasional server like mine where the weather seasons change rapidly & unpredictably.

...

Anyways my point was that Default is not the norm when you have worlds that are constantly being destroyed/created- Worlds that pretty much only last for as long as the host is online and then are never played in again.

From what i've seen of the console community through my little brother's ps4, the concept of the large majority of servers being almost completely default in world settings is still there. either way all of this is a completely moot point to what I was saying: 

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

World Gen Presets give you a ton of control over that and if you only have 30 minutes to an hour to play.. Default is the absolute most boring way of playing the game.

...

I keep saying that this game is as easy or as hard as you personally want it to be, more and more people need to toy around with World Gen settings so they can experience something beyond just “Default”

without touching how kind of broken and wonky these settings get if you try to set them to More or Lots, the simple fact of the matter is that a large portion of players....are going to be playing instead of hosting? Yes, the worldgen options are there, but only few players are going to actually be able to control them, because this isn't DS, where absolutely everyone gets to have an opportunity to mess with them before joining a world. 

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    4153
11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ahh except- You CAN remove them entirely. And in fact- people who play around with World Gen presents would know you can already turn MacTusk camps off- I turn them down to less for all my worlds because I seriously just hate them..

Which also means I don’t use Tam’O or Walking Canes very often.. but I don’t care- The fact that Klei gave us the option to custom tailor our worlds to be as easy or as hard as we want them to be is what’s important..

You only get 1 in the same biome unless you are lucky to get the triple setpiece...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetNerfedOn    6012
50 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

we dont even know what the Tribute does yet

While I agree with that, CK's execution is still rather lackluster and I'd favor scrapping it for something better designed, less mind-numbingly tedious and more interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now