hoppin mandrake

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Recommended Posts

QuartzBeam    5487
Just now, noindyfikator said:

Does Boss Monsters like DeerClops and other creatures like pigs regenerate hp when a player run away from fight?

As a general rule, no. There are a few select mobs that do regenerate health, like Beefalos and Bunnymen.

Most raid bosses tend to despawn if you go too far away and that'll reset their health to full next time you fight them.

And then there's the Celestial Champion, which regenerates health when unloaded and can end up with way more health than it started with that way. (Only phase 2 and phase 3 work like that though.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

As a general rule, no. There are a few select mobs that do regenerate health, like Beefalos and Bunnymen.

Most raid bosses tend to despawn if you go too far away and that'll reset their health to full next time you fight them.

And then there's the Celestial Champion, which regenerates health when unloaded and can end up with way more health than it started with that way. (Only phase 2 and phase 3 work like that though.)

What do you mean by "raid bosses"? I am new to the game. I've seen only DeerClops and MooseGoose and they didn't despawn when I ran away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    5487
Just now, noindyfikator said:

What do you mean by "raid bosses"? I am new to the game. I've seen only DeerClops and MooseGoose and they didn't despawn when I ran away

Raid Bosses are optional bosses that are meant to be fought with multiple players (but can be done solo). In this case, I was specifically referring to Bee Queen, Dragonfly, Klaus, Ancient Fuelweaver, Toadstool, Crab King.

Regarding seasonal bosses, Deerclops will despawn at the end of winter or if she breaks enough structures to pacify her (or something), Moose/Goose will usually despawn if nothing fights her for too long (and will come back fully healed if anything attacks her Moslings) and Antlion (summer boss) will reset to its non-fightable state if you go too far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowQueen    335

I have multiple

Why does Wes exist

Why did RoT end so early

Where is base

Why are bee boxes so good (they're literally OP unless winter)

Why???

What?

Edited by ShadowQueen
  • Shopcat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grim the    981
8 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Why did RoT end so early

A New Reign lasted less than a year. Return of Them lasted over two.

9 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Where is base

Isn’t this thread for serious questions?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowQueen    335
On 7/22/2021 at 4:14 PM, Grim the said:

Isn’t this thread for serious questions?

Not for me bc mine werent serious lol

Who cares? Those questions don't deserve their own thread...

Edited by ShadowQueen
  • Shopcat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    10750
1 hour ago, Grim the said:

Isn’t this thread for serious questions?

I don’t think so, the title simply says questions that don’t deserve their own thread… so TECHNICALLY I can ask JoeW what he ate for breakfast and what his favorite brand of Ice Cream is & it would still be questions that don’t deserve their own thread.

With that said- I was legit hoping we would get a game update or at least news of the next update today.. Maybe next week I guess?

  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    10750

I got a update for DST today, but can’t find any actual patch notes for what this update does. Anyone know? (Xbox Series X/S)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProWilsonMain    468
On 7/22/2021 at 9:05 PM, ShadowQueen said:

Where is base

Using the power of watching DST YouTubers do the actual work Wilson mains everywhere, I can now give you a serious answer!

Usually oasis or pig king.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    10259
1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Why does Crabking still have bad loot? 

I don't understand...

Is Crabking's sole purpose to be a stepping stone for the Celestial guardian? I don't even mean op gear, just something most of us can  use... 

What are you even supposed to use the strident trident on? Sea Weeds? Do i use the strident trident to farm more strident tridents? 

I don't even feel bad for cheesing this thing. Might as well be a stone wall with a massive hp bar. 

 

As a sea weapon is fine. Is useful to damage rockjaws when they are far or getting some fish from shoals but it should have the same dps at land

And im with you, ck should have another drop. I dont like bosses that arent worth to repeat

  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    3902
5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

As a sea weapon is fine. Is useful to damage rockjaws when they are far or getting some fish from shoals but it should have the same dps at land

And im with you, ck should have another drop. I dont like bosses that arent worth to repeat

Maybe when they add more sea life it will be better. 

The team could at least allow it to work on land while its raining in the mean time... I think it makes sense. 

Btw in case there is any misunderstanding I potato cup as a: "cheers!" Lol

Edited by HowlVoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    10259
Just now, HowlVoid said:

Maybe when they add more sea life it will be better. 

The team could at least allow it to work on land while its raining in the mean time... I think it makes sense. 

Anyways, ck just drops the recipe so there is nothing worth for repeating the fight

I dont care about the spell but atleast it should have the same melee damage on land

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    3902
15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Anyways, ck just drops the recipe so there is nothing worth for repeating the fight

Oh that's right! Its a recipe lmao I haven't fought in so long I legit forgot.

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I dont care about the spell but atleast it should have the same melee damage on land

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    5487

I don't think any amount of balancing or potential uses can save the Strident Trident from the fact that it needs the player to encounter and fight not one, but three extremely rare mobs. The Gnarwail only has a 7.5% chance to spawn when a school of fish spawns in sufficiently deep ocean, which means it's buried under at least two layers of RNG from the get go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    10259
6 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I don't think any amount of balancing or potential uses can save the Strident Trident from the fact that it needs the player to encounter and fight not one, but three extremely rare mobs. The Gnarwail only has a 7.5% chance to spawn when a school of fish spawns in sufficiently deep ocean, which means it's buried under at least two layers of RNG from the get go.

2 with green amulet and you can deconstruc it with green staff to get 1

Now might feel like a rare mob but i think is because we dont sail that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    5487
1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

2 with green amulet and you can deconstruc it with green staff to get 1

Ah, yes. The age old solution of using late game items to collect rewards that stopped being useful around the mid-game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    10259
23 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Ah, yes. The age old solution of using late game items to collect rewards that stopped being useful around the mid-game.

Late game items? You can have both green items before 1st winter meanwhile strident trident is high durability range weapon that you unlock in mid game and is useful as far as you sail

It was an advice, if you dont like dont use it. Keep stockpilling gems like a dragon like if using 20% durability on each item every many ingame years will hurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2709
28 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Would it be worth making a serious separate thread to discuss how to rebalance the strident trident?

I guess

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sunset Skye    12416
On 7/6/2021 at 5:04 PM, Falkenpelz said:

How do buttermuffins require vegetables instead of berries or a sweetener, a much more logical choice?

Veggies are sometimes used as a substitute for flour in crock pot recipes. See: froggle bunwich, barnacle linguine, butter muffin, etc.

On 7/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, SkyistheGround said:

1057767216_unknown(23).thumb.png.565ec9989cbc35d23418a783c82a62b1.png

 

I don't know if it has a name, but this is definitely a set piece, they're placed perfectly on a grid. There's even a weird version of this set piece in DS that has wildbore houses yet can spawn in RoG!! Pre-merged crafting that was actually the only way to get wildbores outside of SW, and I remember grinding out worlds looking for one with that set piece to base in.

  • Sanity 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now