hoppin mandrake

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Wardin25    2528
29 minutes ago, pikamuse said:

Why do people want to debate on deerclop's gender?

it was an honest mistake

rainman895    307
27 minutes ago, pikamuse said:

I assume a different Deerclops comes every winter so i could kill a girl Deerclops in the 1st winter and then the next year boy Deerclops comes and i kill him too. So it doesn't matter what gender they are what matters is their eyeball as my trophy. 

• Like 1

CodexCorporis    764
1 hour ago, pikamuse said:

you seen the wx debates? cis people will see the words 'he' 'she' or 'they' and throw a fit

Edited by CodexCorporis
  • Like 1

Cheggf    4247
1 hour ago, pikamuse said:

Why ask this question? You've already got people projecting not even an hour after posting it.

• Thanks 1

Cowboy Maxwell    454
1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Why ask this question? You've already got people projecting not even an hour after posting it.

Because Deerclops is tied for my favorite giant next to Bearger

LinknAllie    1124
28 minutes ago, minespatch said:

2053931282_joewthetopiccrusader.thumb.png.9473a0b54826ed60c2b92cf3c45e7fa2.png

Uh oh,  someone said the word "gender"  time for the inevitable sh*t-storm that will ensue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2

Frashaw27    1526
14 minutes ago, pikamuse said:

Why don't befriended spiders have names? Pigs have names. Shouldn't *befriended* spiders at least have names?

Tbh, I don't  think they are intelligent enough for speech let alone specific names. I also don't think it would be that useful since you are going to to have so many, it would be impossible to keep track of all of them.

rainman895    307

Do daily gifts and gifts during gameplay have predetermined stuff in them or does the game choose a random item the moment when the gift is opened? 

Edited by rainman895
  • Like 1

Dextops    1743
8 minutes ago, rainman895 said:

Do daily gifts and gifts during gameplay have predetermined stuff in them or does the game chooses a random item the moment when the gift is opened? 

this question keeps me up at night every night

• Like 2

ShadowDuelist    9259
2 hours ago, rainman895 said:

Do daily gifts and gifts during gameplay have predetermined stuff in them or does the game chooses a random item the moment when the gift is opened? 

I’ve wondered about this often too.

I had happen that at the final millisecond when it already displayed the gift, the final part of the animation is cancelled by darkness or hounds. So even though I saw very briefly what I got, the gift appears again as redeemable. After the interruption has been dealt with, when opening the gift once more it’s always the same gift as was shown before.

So this makes me think that the gift is pre-determined, but it could also be that it was chosen the first time I opened it and it just saved that information the second time (doesn’t roll again to prevent abuse) so I don’t know exactly.

• Like 3

Captain_Rage    2000

Chests have their contents pre-determined. Long ago (after the first Forge event) the devs wrote that content is set when the chest is created and when it is not opened. I think the same goes for daily gifts. If you start the game and disconnect / lose your Internet connection and open a gift it will still be displayed. When you reconnect to the Internet and start the game the screen with the gift will be shown once again and when you open it it will contain the same item as when you opened it offline. This is only a personal observation, though.

• Like 2

Wardin25    2528
3 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Chests have their contents pre-determined. Long ago (after the first Forge event) the devs wrote that content is set when the chest is created and when it is not opened. I think the same goes for daily gifts. If you start the game and disconnect / lose your Internet connection and open a gift it will still be displayed. When you reconnect to the Internet and start the game the screen with the gift will be shown once again and when you open it it will contain the same item as when you opened it offline. This is only a personal observation, though.

it does make sense, else youd have like 1000 videos explaining how to get all reds or market items

BezKa    2986
1 minute ago, pikamuse said:

How do I mark images as a spoiler?

You gotta make a spoiler window first, then paste an image into it. At least that's how I did it

-Variant    7890
5 minutes ago, pikamuse said:

How do I mark images as a spoiler?

You can either make a spoiler window first or spoiler an already existing image by clicking on it and clicking the eye symbol.
image.thumb.png.b83652bfe72e747314612ac37a6c84bc.png

On 7/12/2021 at 8:16 PM, rainman895 said:

I assume a different Deerclops comes every winter so i could kill a girl Deerclops in the 1st winter and then the next year boy Deerclops comes and i kill him too. So it doesn't matter what gender they are what matters is their eyeball as my trophy. 

where does deerclops comes from anyway? there no place in the map that thing could live on

• Like 1

Cheggf    4247
1 hour ago, Sunset_Liddel said:

where does deerclops comes from anyway? there no place in the map that thing could live on

Maybe it lives on a different island and every winter Maxwell goes over there in a paddle boat and deerclops hops on to be ferried over to the player.

• Like 2

Tim S.    600

How canon is ReForged and Re-Gorge-Itated?

To my knowledge, Zarklord is somehow involved in both mods, probably with coding and providing some original event-code.
Also, the new (DLC-)Characters have official quotes for Forge/Gorge content, which already brought interesting implications (i.e. Wurt's mouth-in-the-sky quote.).

But is Klei/Zarklord contributing with designs/ideas/concepts/opinions too? Or is it just the Modding team coming up with everything? Are special character-traits (like Wortox Gorge-Ability) included in the official game files, or was it just added in the Mod? 

1158668992_Screenshot(1109).png.16bdbaf81a16d32c2845836f16f09efd.pngSnot.png.70c441c5e7e27ab2712923a5101e4cc7.pngSouls2.png.f2d6b1d975bdea45e9fa0ba531a06365.pngSouls.png.ded0ae2ab6aff01cec4915ffb67b93b9.png
Just some examples. Gnaw's boogers don't seem to bear many implications (and are probably non-canon), but Gnaw digesting Souls would be a pretty interesting detail.

• Like 1

-Variant    7890
6 hours ago, Tim S. said:

How canon is ReForged and Re-Gorge-Itated?

To my knowledge, Zarklord is somehow involved in both mods, probably with coding and providing some original event-code.
Also, the new (DLC-)Characters have official quotes for Forge/Gorge content, which already brought interesting implications (i.e. Wurt's mouth-in-the-sky quote.).

But is Klei/Zarklord contributing with designs/ideas/concepts/opinions too? Or is it just the Modding team coming up with everything? Are special character-traits (like Wortox Gorge-Ability) included in the official game files, or was it just added in the Mod? 

1158668992_Screenshot(1109).png.16bdbaf81a16d32c2845836f16f09efd.pngSnot.png.70c441c5e7e27ab2712923a5101e4cc7.pngSouls2.png.f2d6b1d975bdea45e9fa0ba531a06365.pngSouls.png.ded0ae2ab6aff01cec4915ffb67b93b9.png
Just some examples. Gnaw's boogers don't seem to bear many implications (and are probably non-canon), but Gnaw digesting Souls would be a pretty interesting detail.

Neither are canon. Zark's work on the mods don't make them canon either. Zark worked on them before working for Klei if I recall at that.
The gamemodes and perks and all that fancy stuff are entirely up to the mod author's visions. 
The quotes for characters that came out after the events is just company precaution incase stuff gets used and also to support mods, which is nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mike23Ua    11266
On 7/12/2021 at 5:43 PM, Cowboy Maxwell said:

Because the game itself refers to them as both male and female.. 

So there are 3 possible answers to this question- 

1- Deerclops was one gender and Klei simply forgot what they originally decided it to be and so it’s referred to as the opposite in later files/descriptions.

2- Deerclops is both male and female simultaneously at the exact some time: Sort of like a Bi-Gender if you will.. (don’t ask further questions because I prefer NOT being banned..)

or 3- and the one I personally want to stick with as canon: Deerclops isn’t just one giant but rather a Species of Giants, and each one you kill could be Male or Female.

Someday Klei May even add a cold temperature biome out in the ocean where Deerclops species are common mobs there- And we can see make and female and babies!

Intresting fact: Pipspook have both male and female version sprites.

Deerclops has normal & Feastclops sprites  perhaps it’s time Klei started changing the game a bit more than they’re comfortable with?

• Thanks 1