hoppin mandrake

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

HowlVoid    8661

How long do plants planted by Wormwood last before they rot? I planted some carrots on day 12 and they were rotten when I resurfaced from the caves by day 20. I thought they would last a little longer than that... 

Edit: Not sure if allowed to answer my own question but finally found the answer. It takes 6 daya for Wormwood and 4 days for everyone else. I didnt know Wormwoods plants stayed fresh longer honestly. And they become fresh again after 4-5 days.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

LEX-7O2    459
16 hours ago, Lokena said:

I don't know if there was such a topic or not, but I have a problem with the decor. I found a guide that you can make statues using telelocator staff and such creatures as suspicious moonstone pigs and hounds and clay wargs and hounds during the event. And it worked, but... They're looking in the wrong direction! And  for me, as a perfectionist, it really hurts, I just don't understand what I need to do to get them positioned correctly. I need the two statues next to each other to look in different directions, mirrored. I know that they can freeze in opposite positions if the player is nearly and they run at you from different directions, but the place where I want to teleport them is far away. I even tried to teleport the statue while it was still alive, and immediately teleport after it to catch the transformation and make sure that it was running in the right direction at that time, but it seems that in this case it immediately dies(I don't know why, in the video where I watched it, everything was fine, but I tried it a few times and it just didn't work). I also tried spinning the telelocator focus itself - and it worked once, with a statue of a pig with its arms raised - but only with it. The others keep looking in the same direction, and I don't know what to do about it. I tried to look for tips on this topic, but I didn't find it, although I saw screenshots with the decor, where they were put correctly. How did they do that, or I have to use cheats to it?

I have the same problem but I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can do to change which way they face. What I think happens is that when you tp them away they keep trying to go back to the altar and so they are facing straight to the altar, and once they solidify, taking into account that they are facing the altar, their statue form will orientate them with respect to the direction they were already facing.

To make matters more confusing, the statues are not structures rather entities/mobs (that's what I heard a while ago and does explain why they act weird), which is why when you rotate your map they rotate with it, I've tried changing my map orientation when casting the telelocator staff but it seems to change nothing.

2083256755_(201).thumb.png.32c4d089fc3f13198c58704029748935.png

I'll leave this here while I'm at it

Edited by LEX-7O2
  • Thanks 1

Falkenpelz    3159

Merm-lore question: Do you think Wurt used to be a goat from the Gorge who transformed and lost her memory in the process? We know the goat people and even pigs were turned into merms by the Gnaw, causing them to lose their memory and migrate to the sea (therefore the name merm which sounds like a wordplay with merman). The question is, if merms originated from that entirely or if that was more an equivalent of 'turning people into frogs' and merms already existed in the Constant. Now the victorian skin for Wurt brings up this topic again, it literally shows her in transformation, but is this only a nice aesthetic or does it confirm the theory? It would also explain why Wurt has horns, unlike other merms (dunno whats up with the guard merms though).

• Like 2

Dextops    3889
3 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Merm-lore question: Do you think Wurt used to be a goat from the Gorge who transformed and lost her memory in the process? We know the goat people and even pigs were turned into merms by the Gnaw, causing them to lose their memory and migrate to the sea (therefore the name merm which sounds like a wordplay with merman). The question is, if merms originated from that entirely or if that was more an equivalent of 'turning people into frogs' and merms already existed in the Constant. Now the victorian skin for Wurt brings up this topic again, it literally shows her in transformation, but is this only a nice aesthetic or does it confirm the theory? It would also explain why Wurt has horns, unlike other merms (dunno whats up with the guard merms though).

wurt is a merm guard pretty sure which would better explain how wurt could make a new merm king if she served or was trained to serve one than just knowing how to make one yeah her ancestry may come from gnaws curse but wurts pride in merms seems to make me think she was never another animal and was always a merm since it seems the first cursed merms happened ages ago and they have just evolved and populated as merms

• Like 1

Falkenpelz    3159
35 minutes ago, Dextops said:

wurt is a merm guard pretty sure which would better explain how wurt could make a new merm king if she served or was trained to serve one than just knowing how to make one yeah her ancestry may come from gnaws curse but wurts pride in merms seems to make me think she was never another animal and was always a merm since it seems the first cursed merms happened ages ago and they have just evolved and populated as merms

But Wurt is canonically the youngest merm around, I don't actually think she would have had the time to serve as a merm guard before, considering she is still a child. I always thought she got the ideas about building a new civilization from hanging around with the humans, also because her description states she is trying to expand her horizon.

• Like 1

Dextops    3889
17 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

But Wurt is canonically the youngest merm around, I don't actually think she would have had the time to serve as a merm guard before, considering she is still a child. I always thought she got the ideas about building a new civilization from hanging around with the humans, also because her description states she is trying to expand her horizon.

well it could be that since merms were turned into merms a long long long long time ago at least the first it could be that there is a sub species of merms with horns which have better abilities which are what the guard merms are who have horns and wurt is like them a tough smarter better merm which makes sense more than wurt being one of the goats 

so guard merms could be chosen at birth is what im trying to say

• Like 1

Cheggf    8601
9 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

I believe Wurt either was a goat that turned into a merm, or was born to the merms which some point down the line used to be goats. The skin could be her before she transformed, or it could be a "What if?" of if her parents were not transformed.

• Like 1

Just-guy    2905

What is the font used in the Wiki for quotes?

Edit: Found it, it's Segoe Print

Edited by Just-guy
  • Like 1

Mooagain    2537
17 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Based on Wurt's quotes from the Gorge, the Gnaw made merms in the constant long before she was born, but stories of the Gnaw have been passed down through the generations of merms. Most skins that aren't taken from an animated short like Uncorrupted Maxwell and the gladiator skins are most likely non-canon what if? situations, like how the Triumphant set is "what if this person ended up on the nightmare throne instead of Maxwell?". I really doubt that Wormwood's victorian skin is remotely canon, so it wouldn't make sense to say that most skins are canon.

• Like 3

Well-met    7066
53 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Based on Wurt's quotes from the Gorge, the Gnaw made merms in the constant long before she was born, but stories of the Gnaw have been passed down through the generations of merms. Most skins that aren't taken from an animated short like Uncorrupted Maxwell and the gladiator skins are most likely non-canon what if? situations, like how the Triumphant set is "what if this person ended up on the nightmare throne instead of Maxwell?". I really doubt that Wormwood's victorian skin is remotely canon, so it wouldn't make sense to say that most skins are canon.

wurt has gorge quotes? That would be a nice thread to make

• Like 3

Wardin25    2607
On 5/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, Falkenpelz said:

I think wurt could be the first merm born in the constant, she is the only kid merm ever seen and if the merms reproduced in seasons or just normally, thered probably be more young merms

• Like 1

CodexCorporis    1673

Is there a spawn code for a domesticated ornery beefalo? I spent so much time training for an ornery in my Maxwell world, only to end up with a default. I know it's cheating, but I deserve my ornery beefalo without having to go through that whole ordeal again!

• Like 1

bruhmoment23    7583
46 minutes ago, violentdreams said:

Is there a spawn code for a domesticated ornery beefalo? I spent so much time training for an ornery in my Maxwell world, only to end up with a default. I know it's cheating, but I deserve my ornery beefalo without having to go through that whole ordeal again!

local beef = c_spawn("beefalo"); beef.components.hunger:DoDelta(400); beef.components.domesticatable:DeltaTendency("PUDGY", 1); beef:SetTendency(); beef.components.domesticatable.domestication = 1; beef.components.domesticatable:BecomeDomesticated();

Copy and paste this command into console, but replace "PUDGY" with "ORNERY".

Edited by bruhmoment23
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 2

Azrie    1

Is there a console command that works for DST to reveal the map? I've tried both listed in the wiki but they don't work. Maybe I'm missing or not doing something when using them? I'm hosting a world when I try.

• Like 1

Mday    494
5 hours ago, Azrie said:

Is there a console command that works for DST to reveal the map? I've tried both listed in the wiki but they don't work. Maybe I'm missing or not doing something when using them? I'm hosting a world when I try.

I use this one

for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do for x=-1600,1600,35 do for y=-1600,1600,35 do v.player_classified.MapExplorer:RevealArea(x,0,y) end end end

If you are in a personal server and would like to use cheats ensure your console is "remote" before submitting the command:
You can switch between "remote" and "local" by pressing "ctrl" on the keyboard.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2274966991

Edited by Mday
  • Like 1

Mooagain    2537
1 hour ago, Mday said:

I use this one

for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do for x=-1600,1600,35 do for y=-1600,1600,35 do v.player_classified.MapExplorer:RevealArea(x,0,y) end end end

Warning that while that code works, it will lag the game a lot for a few minutes while the map loads.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    14490

I don’t know where to post this, so I’ll just ask here: Is there any way (without Mods) that I can relocate/rearrange the HUD for the game?

For example: My cats LOVE to lay right in front of the bottom of my tv and block the view of my inventory, is there a way I can move inventory to the TOP of my TV or something???

Please add this in a QoL update Klei.. :wilson_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 1

Mday    494
2 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Warning that while that code works, it will lag the game a lot for a few minutes while the map loads.

It is only like 2 secs on my PC ?_? 

• Like 1

Catituh    1

are fire hounds a common thing in the 1st autumn now? the last 2 games i played i've encountered some that burned my whole base because i wasn't expecting them and didn't notice they're fire hounds.

• Like 1

Falkenpelz    3159

About the Re-Gorge-itated mod, is the scene of Wurt turning into a pig when the match is lost custom made or is it what was also shown in the original event?

Well-met    7066
10 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

About the Re-Gorge-itated mod, is the scene of Wurt turning into a pig when the match is lost custom made or is it what was also shown in the original event?

fan made

• Like 1