hoppin mandrake

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Recommended Posts

Lumberlocke    1296

Why do none of the monster characters feel like... monsters? (besides Wortox)

i.e: having little to no traits associated with their species, like how Webber, part spider, cannot see in the dark. Does Charlie crawl into the spider to attack the kid?

Or how Wurt shares none of her species' tolerance to water and being out at dusk/night. Also, Merms don't protect Wurt like they do each other. How cruel!

 

Edited by Lumberlocke
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    1033
14 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

i.e: having little to no traits associated with their species, like how Webber, part spider, cannot see in the dark. Does Charlie crawl into the spider to attack the kid?

Or how Wurt shares none of her species' tolerance to water and being out at dusk/night. Also, Merms don't protect Wurt like they do each other. How cruel!

Well,first one is because it would be too op, and for wurt maybe because she kinda betrayed her kind by hanging out with the survivors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lumberlocke    1296
5 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Well,first one is because it would be too op, and for wurt maybe because she kinda betrayed her kind by hanging out with the survivors?

Well, I'm not talking a full screen radius night vision. I like Canis' proposed radius, with the same sanity drain. Best of both worlds, you get the spider half's night vision and the child half's fear of the dark. :distant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeeDragon    2293
46 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

Why do none of the monster characters feel like... monsters? (besides Wortox)

i.e: having little to no traits associated with their species, like how Webber, part spider, cannot see in the dark. Does Charlie crawl into the spider to attack the kid?

Or how Wurt shares none of her species' tolerance to water and being out at dusk/night. Also, Merms don't protect Wurt like they do each other. How cruel!

 

I guess the rules would change if something worked with the survivors instead of against them? Kinda like a contract...? Excluding Chester and Glommer and other followers, which were designed that way. Maybe everything that was supposed to try and kill survivors had a sort-of rule to abide by, if they break it. They become a "survivor" themselves...? 

I dunno, I'm just guessing.

  • Wavey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonicDen220    2166

When you delete and reinstall the game, some client-sided things are not saved, such as your worlds, skin presets or your Gorge recipe book. My question is, does the cookbook also get wiped when reinstalling the game? My guess is that it does, but I'm not willing to find out on purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cr4zyFl4mes    109
On 11/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, Lumberlocke said:

Or how Wurt shares none of her species' tolerance to water

 

She has a firm grip even if wet, drowning gets her only 50% wetness, keeps her inventory (except for hand slot) and none of her other stats are affected AND she is quicker on marsh. + I haven't seen any merms go swimming yet...

Edited by Cr4zyFl4mes
marsh spelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    6275
9 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

She has a firm grip even if wet, drowning gets her only 50% wetness, keeps her inventory (except for hand slot) and none of her other stats are affected AND she is quicker on march. + I haven't seen any merms go swimming yet...

also she has less penalty for sinking

  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinegrove    1379
  • Why aren't there marble walls? They could be used as decoration in the late game.
  • Do you think that Charlie eavesdrops on the chat between survivors?
  • When set on fire, can hounds douse it by going in the water? I've seen this briefly for myself and it seems that it doesn't quite happen right away, evidenced by the floating monster steak I found near the shore.
On 11/22/2020 at 5:35 AM, SonicDen220 said:

My question is, does the cookbook also get wiped when reinstalling the game?

It does. I had to transfer to a new desktop and things like character skin presets, death history, friends history, the cookbook do not get transferred. 

Edited by Pinegrove
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crestwave    68
23 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:
  • Why aren't there marble walls? They could be used as decoration in the late game.
  • Do you think that Charlie eavesdrops on the chat between survivors?
  • When set on fire, can hounds douse it by going in the water? I've seen this briefly for myself and it seems that it doesn't quite happen right away, evidenced by the floating monster steak I found near the shore.

It does. I had to transfer to a new desktop and things like character skin presets, death history, friends history, the cookbook do not get transferred. 

The cookbook is stored online, although modded foods are stored locally.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blueleaf12    1959

This isn’t a DST question really but I can’t figure out how to write status updates on my account page? I’ve been doing updates on my DST/off topic art pages but I’d rather have them there. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viberr    1019
12 minutes ago, Blueleaf12 said:

This isn’t a DST question really but I can’t figure out how to write status updates on my account page? I’ve been doing updates on my DST/off topic art pages but I’d rather have them there. Thanks! 

Spoiler

1548063014_OperaSnapshot_2020-11-28_211043_forums.kleientertainment_com.thumb.png.bfc1ef7cc53b2d93bd57d57a023cc625.png

hope this answers your question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viberr    1019
3 minutes ago, Blueleaf12 said:

I’m on mobile rn but my account doesn’t show that?

odd?im sorry but i can't help you there 

i use a pc 

maybe someone else will help you tho

hope you have a good day or night wherever you are inn the world 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blueleaf12    1959
37 minutes ago, stranger again said:

odd?im sorry but i can't help you there 

i use a pc 

maybe someone else will help you tho

hope you have a good day or night wherever you are inn the world 

Nvm I just figured it out, I never turned on stauses. Thanks though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D7X    262

With the new farming update, what has happened to the old basic & advanced farm plots? Are they just gone?

Edited by D7X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viberr    1019
9 minutes ago, D7X said:

With the new farming update, what has happened to the old basic & advanced farm plots? Are they just gone?

(this question has been asked some many times already:lol:)\

well from what ive heard they stay but i don't know if you can interact with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    2815
11 minutes ago, stranger again said:

(this question has been asked some many times already:lol:)\

well from what ive heard they stay but i don't know if you can interact with them.

The old farm plots remain fully functional and you can even use the new fertilizers on them to shorten growth time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D7X    262
59 minutes ago, stranger again said:

(this question has been asked some many times already:lol:)\

well from what ive heard they stay but i don't know if you can interact with them.

 

46 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The old farm plots remain fully functional and you can even use the new fertilizers on them to shorten growth time.

Thank you both. I've read most of the posts in the update thread now and have a better understanding of it all. I really hope the old farms are left in the game in some form though since it seems uncertain. They're great for decoration and it would be a shame to lose them as an option in favour of a square patch of mud that is locked to a tile space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wendy C.    182
On 11/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, Knowbodie said:

What does Woodie's "Celebrates Thanksgiving too early" perk mean?

The actual mechanical answer, is that when he feeds Rock Lobsters and Pigs so that they follow him, they keep following him for a longer duration than the other characters. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VouMorrer    268

here goes a bad question:

with all those new farms, are the good and old meatballs going to be replaced by cooked veggies as primary food?

are meatballs at.. risk of extinction??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viberr    1019
6 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

here goes a bad question:

with all those new farms, are the good and old meatballs going to be replaced by cooked veggies as primary food?

are meatballs at.. risk of extinction??

well (for me)the answer will be 

depends i think they might actually be my new food source because they seem like a much more fun way of making food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaymime    4302
53 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

here goes a bad question:

with all those new farms, are the good and old meatballs going to be replaced by cooked veggies as primary food?

are meatballs at.. risk of extinction??

doubtful unless there is a food rework. these recipes were stupid easy to aqiure ingredients for before and could be grown in three clicks once even a single farmplot was made(one seed two manure/guano; no waiting) and they were not seen as worthy of interest for the bulk of players so i dont think making a proper fledged feature out of it will usurp meatballs as a mid-range food

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now