Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

RoT poll  

138 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever went sailing?

• yes
    • no
    • planning to
  2. 2. have you ever been to lunar island?

• yes
    • no
    • planning to
  3. 3. have you ever helped the crabby hermit and killed crab king?

• yes
    • no
    • planning to
    • i helped crabby hermit but didnt kill crab king
    • i killed crab king but didnt help crabby hermit
  4. 4. have you ever killed malbatross?

• yes
    • no
    • planning to
  5. 5. what are your thoughts on RoT

• really good
    • good
    • okay
    • bad
    • really bad
    • other(write your opinion in the comments)

Mike23Ua    7675

It needs more content, I want a more life-like less boring ocean.. and other locations to actually sail to, hopefully that will come at some point in the future.

but for now the content has been okay so far, not spectacular, nothing overly amazing, just okay.. I am hoping that they will save all the best content for when RoT is almost completed.

Cheggf    822

I really like the sailing and fishing and it's what I spend most of my time doing, but it's such a roleplay activity right now. You get next to no rewards even though it's currently the thing that requires by far the most time and resources invested into it. It's also pretty barren out there, there isn't really much despite how large the ocean is.

Hope it gets better over time, since it's already pretty fun even without anything to do.

1bubbainpa    2875

Mm, there’s some a like, and some I don’t like about RoT. The first update was very cool with the addition of sailing and the lunar island, but the updates afterwards are meh to bleh.

Did anyone really actually desire an entire update that revolved around fishing competitions that serve almost no purpose?

stranger again    363
6 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Did anyone really actually desire an entire update that revolved around fishing competitions that serve almost no purpose?

umm i like the fishing i think its pretty fun 

Sacri    25

I feel it still lacks content, but I am farly confident that in the end of the updates RoT will be great overall.

gaymime    3503

it feels like it is shoring(ha!) up quite nicely. it clearly isn't done but it is better than it was by a margin and i am having a good time with it. this might actually be what gets me back into overworld basing

btw, i do adore shipwrecked and play it solo so i am aware why a few people are super salty(haha!) about dst not having 1:1 shipwrecked content but i still think this is good on its own merits. getting surfer gal, king poo and weird grandpa in the game would be cool but i am happy for the calmer sailing and lack of wave abuse that comes with this update

Truffle    80

At first it seemed interesting but now it just seems meh or bad. I feel like it would be better if the loot was unique that rivals ruins

minespatch    78210
5 minutes ago, Truffle said:

At first it seemed interesting but now it just seems meh or bad. I feel like it would be better if the loot was unique that rivals ruins

Makes me wish they put a pause on character updates and just perfect ROT.

Mike23Ua    7675
11 minutes ago, Truffle said:

Wait.. you want op end game level loot content from doing some not-so hard tasks like fishing, sailing, and digging up sunken treasures?

cantbeatdaboss    502

After salty dog and hook line and inker I thought that the updates were mainly just to "set up" the later updates, but now we've recieved 2 more updates and the updates still feel like they don't really have a direction other than giving life to the ocean and I'm worried about what the point of these updates are.  Even though a new reign didn't really have much of a direction at first, the updates at least felt bulky and they all felt like they added something significant to the game.  These recent updates feel as if a new reign had added spalagmites or something once every 3 months rather then adding a boss, new boss drops, a few new items and some enemies.  Now, I know that the devs have spread out their team to work on a lot of different types content and the entire team isn't focusing on return of them like they were with a new reign.  I know that the devs are essentially adding an entirely new world the size of caves or the main island rather than adding on to an existing island.  However, the updates in general (save for turn of tides and she sells seashells) have felt like they lacked bulky and meaningful content, not to mention the balancing of the ocean means that it takes a large amount of resources and time in exchange for very little reward (except lunar island and maybe celestial tribute after it gets a use), meaning most of the content is mainly only used for late game recreation.  Although I understand why the devs are focusing on adding life to the sea, I feel like the devs should slow down and try and add something like a new island or boss to each update, with some sea life as a nice little bonus.  I'd much rather the devs put out more small qol updates in the place of base game changes rather than "rushing" base game updates that the community will be dissapointed in.

Truffle    80
13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait.. you want op end game level loot content from doing some not-so hard tasks like fishing, sailing, and digging up sunken treasures?

Not exactly. Lemme start over. I wish some of the things from the bosses(aka crab king) were worth the trip. I remember reading somewhere about how the crab king could drop a crown that could be repaired with moon stone and it did cool stuff(I forgot the cool stuff but it was something unique to its own. And for the sunken treasure I feel like it would be more interesting if there was items that were related to the RoT that were exclusivly only found in the sunken treasure. Like sure gears, gems,thulicite are all very nice things but why bother going to sea when all I have to do is go to ruins. It just adds another way to get those items. If it were unique items like er idk water boots that let you walk on water (that was a terrible idea but I have nothing in mind). It doesn't have to be overly powerful but at the least it should be unique to the RoT.

Now bosses however, I feel like they should have more interesting items instead of stuff that makes sailing easier. The malbatross sail is ok since its an easy boss but I feel like the beak should have a more added functionality. The crab king drops are horrendously bad. The strident trident isnt even all that useful. Maybe it will with more bosses in the ocean with spell damage but for now its useless. Nobody needs more bell shells and the tribute does nothing atm and I was very disappointed that nothing was done with it in the latest update. Hopefully it is expanded upon in the next.

TDLR; I wish RoT loot was exclusive and worth the trip to get the stuff

__IvoCZE__    8326
26 minutes ago, Truffle said:

Nobody needs more bell shells

the tribute does nothing atm

I do.

Only at the moment, obviously it's something like the atrium was before the Heart of the ruins update.

Truffle    80
23 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I do.

Only at the moment, obviously it's something like the atrium was before the Heart of the ruins update.

I know that I said i wish they had done more with it in the previous RoT update but they did other stuff

__IvoCZE__    8326
1 minute ago, Truffle said:

I know that I said i wish they had done more with it in the previous RoT update but they did other stuff

Though the same thing happened with ANR, where Arts and Crafts update brought the shadow pieces and after almost over a year the atrium finally had a use.

Truffle    80
6 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Though the same thing happened with ANR, where Arts and Crafts update brought the shadow pieces and after almost over a year the atrium finally had a use.

I hope we don't have to wait that long:culpability:

Mike23Ua    7675

I would like to request the ability to unleash my inner Aquaman with the strident trident,

And with the word “Strident” in the description it should provide a small movement speed boost while holding, similar to the walking cane but maybe a tiny bit less fast, walking canes can only be obtained if you have the winter season actually turned on....

And that’s a large part of what’s wrong with Klei’s game, when you CAN turn off certain parts of the game, those changes you toggle off end up having a “ripple effect” that can really hinder gameplay in the long run.

Case in point- I have a friend who in order to play and enjoy this game with without it frustrating them I have to tone down most the worlds dangers and toggle off Winter and Summer. 

Without Winter or Summer you can’t get Walking Canes, and you won’t get desert cactus to bloom, if Desert Cactus don’t bloom... you can’t fully complete Pearls Hermit shack.

Klei has addressed these world Gen settings before in one of their recent patch’s- by making Pearl NOCTURNAL during those worlds that are set to “Lights Out” world Gen.

But... The secondary feature I would love the strident to have unleashed my Inner Aquaman, I would love to be able to summon a wave of water that rolls across the ground (yes even outside of the Water) and Similar to the large wave that washes Wilson and the Hound away in the first RoT cinematic.. this “Wave” would put out a forest that is catching fire.

Giving those worlds that have Ice turned off an Alternative to building Ice-Flingo-Matic machines.

Truffle    80
2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But... The secondary feature I would love the strident to have unleashed my Inner Aquaman, I would love to be able to summon a wave of water that rolls across the ground (yes even outside of the Water) and Similar to the large wave that washes Wilson and the Hound away in the first RoT cinematic.. this “Wave” would put out a forest that is catching fire.

Giving those worlds that have Ice turned off an Alternative to building Ice-Flingo-Matic machines.

Sounds cool but it would be weird if you based in the middle of the constant and waves came out of nowhere. I think it would be more logical to add an item that makes it rain. Don't get me wrong the wave sounds really cool but the travel time and the effects could lead to problems

gaymime    3503
37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

IAnd with the word “Strident” in the description it should provide a small movement speed boost while holding

>__>;;; strident means abrasively loud.

SinancoTheBest    2301
On 8/4/2020 at 1:01 AM, 1bubbainpa said:

Mm, there’s some a like, and some I don’t like about RoT. The first update was very cool with the addition of sailing and the lunar island, but the updates afterwards are meh to bleh.

It's the sort of content I never knew I wanted but  the sea fishing is a staple of my gameplay now and I honestly can't get enough of it.

gaymime    3503

the fish also help keep down rot as they can be used as a disposal unit. you just drop in edibles you don't want and they eat 'em right up

Mike23Ua    7675

Shop Cat is My personal emote now.. if you get Shop Cat react from me he is the second highest honor to Potato Cup. :) 

themightyone    205

I put other , it's ok now but hoping we some larger new areas on land or caves with bosses to match . Ocean stuff is ok but prefer land and caves