Resul

What is the difference between icebox and saltbox ?

Mike23Ua    7196

Salt Box keeps food fresh longer BUT there’s a catch, you can’t place any form of cooked food into salt box.

Ryde    169

Jerky is dry meat and is preserved by rubbing salt on it. In Don't Starve - Ironically -  you can't place jerky in a salt box.

• Like 1

gaymime    3164
4 hours ago, Ryde said:

Jerky is dry meat and is preserved by rubbing salt on it. In Don't Starve - Ironically -  you can't place jerky in a salt box.

sugar can be used as well, actually

Well-met    3528
10 hours ago, Ryde said:

jerky with x4 lifetime would just be overpowered. Dont Starve is primarily still a videogame.

• Like 1

Cheggf    693
On 9/16/2020 at 8:04 AM, Well-met said:

jerky with x4 lifetime would just be overpowered. Dont Starve is primarily still a videogame.

If they really cared about what food preservation is or isn't overpowered they wouldn't have added Bundling Wrap.

• Like 2

Spookyyy    9
2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

If they really cared about what food preservation is or isn't overpowered they wouldn't have added Bundling Wrap.

Then why u need saltbox if u have bundles? Lol i think is balanced the way ut is

Cheggf    693
5 minutes ago, Spookyyy said:

Then why u need saltbox if u have bundles? Lol i think is balanced the way ut is

Exactly, you don't need Salt Boxes because of Bundling Wrap. You don't really need Ice Boxes either. They're so overpowered they make basically everything irrelevant. You admit that they're so overpowered they make everything else irrelevant but then go on to say it's balanced the way it is?

Edited by Cheggf

Spookyyy    9
2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Exactly, you don't need Salt Boxes because of Bundling Wrap. You don't really need Ice Boxes either. They're so overpowered they make basically everything irrelevant. You admit that they're so overpowered they make everything else irrelevant but then go on to say it's balanced the way it is?

Yes, I think the game is balanced with a lot of stuff! Ice box are nice for honey seeds and ice. Salt boxes for meat, fruits and veggies! And the bundling aren't limited, i mean you can pretty much pur everything you want into those lol. Its balanced 

Well-met    3528
On 9/19/2020 at 4:47 AM, Cheggf said:

fair point

but at least the wrap is locked behind bosses

and wax can be limited

gaymime    3164

gears/salt/wax can be limited in a given world so having other options is good. it keeps players from having to have certain settings turned on against their preferences just to combat food rot

Se7en156    7
On 9/20/2020 at 8:04 PM, Well-met said:

and wax can be limited

this is true indeed, i got pretty unlucky with bees in my world even though i didnt change anything regarding bees in the world settings, so i only get wax paper from killing bee queen and klaus from time to time.

BeeClops    407

you can get 4x wax per winter from Klaus and you also get one with every beequeen fight, that's more than enough and makes it kinda renewable.