Sign in to follow this  

SnowdropPax    110

My first time playing with caves on, and I was excited to find the ruins. But, I've looked almost everywhere and I haven't found them. I googled it but I get conflicting answers on how to find them. 

One source says find Slurtles, I found them, didn't find ruins, another source said the ponds are in the ruins, I found the ponds and caught some eel. But they weren't in the ruins, and there wasn't any other structures around them. I even found theculite pieces, but there were no ruins surrounding them.

Any tips on how to find the ruins?

I've attached my cave map, I know I haven't explored completely, but if anyone could at least point me in the direction i should travel, that'd be great.

caves.PNG

Edited by SnowdropPax

1bubbainpa    2719

You wanna keep looking in the orange biomes.

Try exploring in these places:

652D8A37-A9B5-4DD6-BE75-D2E4654879F7.thumb.jpeg.40614e107611709e3a37ff51213a54ef.jpeg

I would assume that the ruins are definitely on the left side, because the ruins itself is a large portion of the map, and the west side of the map seems vaguely thin and unexplored.

Edited by 1bubbainpa
  • Like 2

SnowdropPax    110
2 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

You wanna keep looking in the orange biomes.

Try exploring in these places:

652D8A37-A9B5-4DD6-BE75-D2E4654879F7.thumb.jpeg.40614e107611709e3a37ff51213a54ef.jpeg

I would assume that the ruins are definitely on the left side, because the ruins itself as another large portion of the map, and the west side of the map seems vaguely thin and unexplored.

Awesome, thanks! I must of skipped over that part when looking back over my map, or I would have already explored that bit.

1bubbainpa    2719
3 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

Awesome, thanks! I must of skipped over that part when looking back over my map, or I would have already explored that bit.

Ruins will always be connected to the big orange biome. (Forgot the name). You’ll start to see lichen to signify the beginning of the ruins area.

Frashaw27    1197
2 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Ruins will always be connected to the big orange biome. (Forgot the name). You’ll start to see lichen to signify the beginning of the ruins area.

To add onto this, the muddy biome will be bursting full of light bulbs and will typically be connected to a blue mushroom biome

SnowdropPax    110
1 hour ago, Frashaw27 said:

To add onto this, the muddy biome will be bursting full of light bulbs and will typically be connected to a blue mushroom biome

I found the muddy biome, and I found the connected blue mushroom biome, but I didn't notice any other areas leading out of there. I will have to double check.

Wumpus the 19th    1005

i've always had luck finding ruins (or at least i've binge read the wiki about it).

Muddy Biome (orange turf)--->Massive group of bulbs that turn on when player gets near--->Lichen plants---> True Ruins.

every world will follow this order in caves generation. bring a lot supplies to the ruins.

SnowdropPax    110
21 hours ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Thanks so much! I found them. I immediately died and lost all of my stuff though, so that was a bit of a loss, but at least I know where to look from now on.

1bubbainpa    2719
53 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

Thanks so much! I found them. I immediately died and lost all of my stuff though, so that was a bit of a loss, but at least I know where to look from now on.

You probably died super quick on your first survival experience on this game too. Don’t worry! You’ll learn from your mistakes and get better!

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    3730
9 hours ago, SnowdropPax said:

Every death is a lesson. Have fun suffering :D

Viktor234    4660
24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Every death is a lesson.

grafik.png.78d1246439e82639b01b03fe1ae492c1.png

Lesson: Never trust yourself.

25 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Have fun suffering

Where's the suffering after death? You loose the ability to starve and gain a permanent light source which protects you from Charlie. There's no suffering at all!

• Haha 1

ArubaroBeefalo    3730
3 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

grafik.png.78d1246439e82639b01b03fe1ae492c1.png

Lesson: Never trust yourself.

Where's the suffering after death? You loose the ability to starve and gain a permanent light source which protects you from Charlie. There's no suffering at all!

Trust Nobody, Not Even Yourself | Know Your Meme