Who did you think get next rework in September?

Who do you think gets next refresh in September and who you would like to be?   

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the character gets the next rework?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/20 at 09:00 PM

Why are we still talking about Webber? There are 7 other characters that also need a rework.

And since Klei seems to be phasing out harsh crippling downsides altogether- is it safe to say that Wolfgang’s Punny form may disappear completely and there will only be normal wolf gang and Mighty Wolfgang? but without having a Punny form their would obviously be balance adjustments to Normal and Mighty.

I mean don’t get me wrong I want to see a Webber rework just as much as the next guy but for months upon months all we did was talk about Webber, I’m sure Klei has a pretty good idea what they plan to do with him.

And I’ve voiced my opinion on that- Being able to recruit Spiders during Daytime without them going hostile, being unable to sleep during night and can only sleep during day like other spiders, rideable Spider Queen that’s slower moving.. but spawns spiders so it’s a fair trade off, and most importantly, the ability to downgrade Tier 2 and Tier 3 Spider Dens so that Spider farms do not have to be placed way away from other Non-Webber players forcing Webber mains to have to actually base somewhere AWAY from base.. Unlike Wurt who has to thrive in a Swamp, Webber could actually become more Multiplayer friendly to Non-Webber players.

But enough about Webber..... I personally want to see people’s thoughts & opinions on the so called “Untouchables” the characters everyone’s too scared to provide idea’s for because they feel that they’re quote “balanced enough as is.”

Everyones getting a rework, Klei has made that much clear, so we need start brain-storming ideas on what WE the Community hope to see out of those Reworks.

Webber should be able to create cave spider dens( for spitters/ depth dwellers) and also should be able to befriend spider warriors without having to attack an spider and gain its aggro. This should pretty much fix him.  

On 7/19/2020 at 10:13 AM, CameoAppearance said:

I hope they don't change Wilson's basic gameplay, because basically the entire mechanical point of his character is that he's the baseline from which everyone else deviates, with neither amazing strengths nor severe weaknesses, and the one unique feature he does have is something you can deactivate at will by shaving the beard off. The only rework I can think of that respects that would be a specifically beard-based one, adding more effects to a grown beard or more uses for beard hair. Also we already know all about how Wilson got himself into the Constant, and he's in most of the update trailers, so it's not like he needs another cinematic.

I think that regardless of the "vanilla" concept, Wilson needs a bit more to really make him fit well as a "scientist" or at least something that speaks a bit strongly to that theme. If they worked out the "mad science tab" a bit better that he got from the Halloween update that'd be good enough cuz he is more an alchemist to me specially considering his way of "science" has a lot to do with brewing stuff (not that was uncommon around the time he got in the constant mind you)

6 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I don't see how Wurt's existence means they can't buff Webber's spiders.

Spiders are vastly different to merms for starters: they are squishier and pack less of a punch individually, but they can be easily mass produced.

They could simply make spiders good at different things than merms or pigs.

For example, they could help collect grass/twigs/berries instead of chop and mine.

While I get what your saying the main issue is followers in don't starve have limited functionality combat wise spiders have many different combat styles but when vs mobs mostly make boil down to doing damage or tanking. As for the collection idea that would vastly powercreep merms yes they would be doing different things but it's clear who would get more mileage.

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think that regardless of the "vanilla" concept, Wilson needs a bit more to really make him fit well as a "scientist" or at least something that speaks a bit strongly to that theme. If they worked out the "mad science tab" a bit better that he got from the Halloween update that'd be good enough cuz he is more an alchemist to me specially considering his way of "science" has a lot to do with brewing stuff (not that was uncommon around the time he got in the constant mind you)

Wilson in DST should rightfully be a different Wilson altogether from Wilson in DS Solo- The Wilson in DST has conquered the constant before, made it all the way to the end, and then became the new ruler of the Nightmare Throne. (DSTs opening scene cinematic literally picks up where DS Solo Ended..) 

Therefore, Obviously Wilson should get a much more interesting Refresh..

He Won.. He Escaped.. and Charlie threw him right back in, what does that do to a persons mind..? How does that change their outlook on things? Their determination? And if Maxwell can summon shadow workers, and literally created most everything in the Constant... What kind of Knowledges and new found powers did Wilson also gain?

Better yet.. what was Wilson forced to create during his time occupying the throne that “WE” (the players) Have not encountered yet?

24 minutes ago, psychotwilight said:

Maxwell already had a rework, the only change he needs is to not be able to read Wickerbottom's books. 

What? Why? What in the world is wrong with him being able to read Wickers books, I think it's a very nice ability and theres no need for it to be removed.

From what we have seen, Webber seems to be the most likely candidate to be the next re-work. He has awful synergy with most other characters, is very popular, and is the one people are talking the most for a while.

For Wes... I expect him to be the last (or maybe the second last, with Wilson being the last). Don't ask me why though. It is just a gut feeling.

1 minute ago, 1bubbainpa said:

If Webber gets reworked, the one thing I want to see is the spiders dance with Webber when he /dances

Wendy and Abigail get to party, why not Webber and his spider pals?

I can see it now, an entire spider army dancing with Webber... beautiful.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

What? Why? What in the world is wrong with him being able to read Wickers books, I think it's a very nice ability and theres no need for it to be removed.

It encourages you to pick n switch Wickerbottom rather than actually play wickerbottom, which is one of the biggest problems the Celestial Portal introduced.

1 hour ago, psychotwilight said:

It encourages you to pick n switch Wickerbottom rather than actually play wickerbottom, which is one of the biggest problems the Celestial Portal introduced.

I think it's more so the nature of her ability than the fact maxwell can read them once you make more food than you can possibly eat it really comes down to whether you prefer to farm with her bird and tentacle books that tends to be the biggest factor if ppl swap off her or not.

4 hours ago, psychotwilight said:

She doesn’t really have terrible downsides so I don’t see why anyone would switch off of her to Maxwell unless they just like playing as him more. I hate pick n switch characters as much as the next guy, but I am willing to see this more as character synergy since it’s only one other character that is able to take advantage of it. If Wicker could make a bunch of books and then switch to whoever they want to read them, it would be a different story. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

She doesn’t really have terrible downsides so I don’t see why anyone would switch off of her to Maxwell unless they just like playing as him more. I hate pick n switch characters as much as the next guy, but I am willing to see this more as character synergy since it’s only one other character that is able to take advantage of it. If Wicker could make a bunch of books and then switch to whoever they want to read them, it would be a different story. 

That's a pretty good point. I think you've convinced me a little more there, but I still would like to see an increase in the sanity cost for Maxy, or something along those lines. 

Maybe then people will finally stop saying Max is better than wickerbottom, too, so that's a plus. (/s)

Archived