Who did you think get next rework in September?

Who do you think gets next refresh in September and who you would like to be?   

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the character gets the next rework?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/20 at 09:00 PM

I feel theyre going to start with characters with lacking gameplay, and make them more interesting to play. Webber has like, one way to play, and it's "find nest, mass kill spider". I'm hoping they make him a trapper-based character, making him perfect for catching smaller animals and possibly even larger ones.

14 hours ago, Canis said:

Webber, 100%. He is god awfully bland to play.

This is what I most commonly do in pubs:

•  Pick Webber
  •  Explore, make/find a base
  •  Gather 8 Spider Dens
  •  Make a Spider Farm
  • Spend 4 minutes holding spacebar during dusk/night.
  • Go to base during the day, gather stuff that other players havent yet.
  • Spend 4 minutes holding spacebar
  • Go **** around and pick up the slack from the base before dusk.
  • Spend 4 minutes holding spacebar

Do you see the issue here? I do. I main Webber, and I'm one of the first people to tell you that Webber sucks. Is he mechanically powerful? Sure, he gives an infinite amount of health (glands), hunger (mm), and sanity (silk(top hat, tent)), but is he fun to play? God no. Spider wars have a really cool novelty to them when you haven't seen them before. But after you play webber for any period of time, it's just... boring.

Webber should be able to domesticate Spiderqueens and ride them. ....that would be awsomne!

webber.png

I hope they don't change Wilson's basic gameplay, because basically the entire mechanical point of his character is that he's the baseline from which everyone else deviates, with neither amazing strengths nor severe weaknesses, and the one unique feature he does have is something you can deactivate at will by shaving the beard off. The only rework I can think of that respects that would be a specifically beard-based one, adding more effects to a grown beard or more uses for beard hair. Also we already know all about how Wilson got himself into the Constant, and he's in most of the update trailers, so it's not like he needs another cinematic.

Wes could genuinely benefit from a rework so long as his new abilities don't benefit the Wes player directly, because if he had something useful and unique that he could provide for other players it would finally put an end to the attitude of "Wes eats more food and gets less damage per swing than other characters, so no one should play him on a serious server." (Every well-established server I've been to had extensive food farms capable of feeding several times the number of players that would fit on the server, and harvesting your beeboxes more often could easily make up the difference, but by the numbers he has a higher upkeep cost for less benefit than Wendy or Wigfrid or whoever and people complain about it.) He could still be a challenge to play, especially for solo players, but people who like him for his character design or personality wouldn't have to take as much guff.

Webber's the other one who could use a bit of beefing up and polishing, because right now his mechanics are fine but not amazing and he could be made more formidable. Plus he has the potential to gather large amounts of spider items as is, but the process is very tedious and it'd be nice to have some way of making it speedier and/or more dynamic without endangering yourself too much. Also I really want to see more of his backstory.

I actively don't want a drastic change to WX, Wigfrid, Wickerbottom, Wolfgang or Maxwell's gameplay, and I think they're all balanced pretty okay the way they are. There's room for small tweaks, but I don't want their gameplay getting turned on its head like the difference between DSAlone Woodie and DST Woodie, and just because some nifty mechanic that doesn't currently exist in DST could be fun or interesting to play with doesn't mean that changing one of the existing characters to work like that would be a good way to put it into the game. Also, in Maxwell's specific case he already has 90% of what the other characters got out of their reworks; he stars in a cinematic about his backstory, which we just generally know a lot about, and his gameplay was already overhauled when he was originally added to DST near the end of the open beta phase. His shadows work pretty differently in singleplayer.

The above post no longer holds any weight... Wilson plays general the same in DST as he did in DS Single Player-

Where and HOW this is Wrong... is Wilson between the ending of DS Solo & the start of DST officially SAT on the Nightmare Throne (I don’t feel that this should be considered spoilers since it’s literally the animation you get when starting the game..) 

Therefore in my opinion WILSON & MAXWELL are the ones who deserve to be reworked as the final two characters... and they BOTH need new content that reflects on their time officially spent on the Nightmare Throne.

I absolutely HATE Maxwell in DST.... sad to say it but it’s true, the former “Shadow King” and he has some fairly lackluster shadow magic.. Please Klei give these two characters reworks befitting of actually having spent TIME Trapped on the Nightmare Throne... it only makes logical sense.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The above post no longer holds any weight... Wilson plays general the same in DST as he did in DS Single Player-

Where and HOW this is Wrong... is Wilson between the ending of DS Solo & the start of DST officially SAT on the Nightmare Throne (I don’t feel that this should be considered spoilers since it’s literally the animation you get when starting the game..) 

Therefore in my opinion WILSON & MAXWELL are the ones who deserve to be reworked as the final two characters... and they BOTH need new content that reflects on their time officially spent on the Nightmare Throne.

I absolutely HATE Maxwell in DST.... sad to say it but it’s true, the former “Shadow King” and he has some fairly lackluster shadow magic.. Please Klei give these two characters reworks befitting of actually having spent TIME Trapped on the Nightmare Throne... it only makes logical sense.

You are right, atleast for Waxwell. Wilson should have some crappy science, he is a bad scientist after all.

6 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

You are right, atleast for Waxwell. Wilson should have some crappy science, he is a bad scientist after all.

That’s also up for debate, Wilson was lured into the constant with promises of unspeakable knowledge, and then he ends up sitting on the very throne that Maxwell sat on when he quote

“built most everything you see here.”

Maxwell having been the creator of most everything IN The constant (with the exception of “Them” and the mostly empty void that existed before his arrival..) should have some Rrrrrreeeeaaalllllllllyyyy interesting New Stuff.

And Wilson, Having Sat on the same Throne that Maxwell built the constant upon- Should no longer be just some simple “Failed Scientist.” 

Unless upon leaving the throne they lose all that power and knowledge.. but Maxwells shadows pretty much debunk that theory.

10 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

Webber should be able to domesticate Spiderqueens and ride them. ....that would be awsomne!

webber.png

People are always asking for that, but I don't really see how that'd be useful in any way, Unless maybe she can be used as a mount geared towards DPS. In other words, keep her damage (80) but make her attack speed akin to a player's attack speed? That way, it'd outclass a dark sword, but good luck moving anywhere with the Spider Queen's god awful movement speed.

This is just spitballing btw, Im still not really sold on the idea of riding Spider Queens. I'd love for them to be more useful to Webber though, as right now they're just a nuisance.

1 hour ago, Canis said:

People are always asking for that, but I don't really see how that'd be useful in any way, Unless maybe she can be used as a mount geared towards DPS. In other words, keep her damage (80) but make her attack speed akin to a player's attack speed? That way, it'd outclass a dark sword, but good luck moving anywhere with the Spider Queen's god awful movement speed.

This is just spitballing btw, Im still not really sold on the idea of riding Spider Queens. I'd love for them to be more useful to Webber though, as right now they're just a nuisance.

Its just for the lols

31 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Its just for the lols

I don’t see a slightly slower moving Beefalo that can spawn infinite spiders from itself as being something “just for LoLz”

Realistically Spider Queen riding would function as something slow moving but that can tank damage and spawn mobile spiders for Webber’s Army. 

3 hours ago, Canis said:

The Spider Queen is slow as heck, thats true, but she has 2500 health and spawns spiders and spider warriors.

Give her the ability to spit webbed balls (like the Spitter spider in the caves) that will deal damage and slow down enemies (like Walters slow down rounds) and then beat the living s**t out of every pig...I mean mob with your 80 Spider Queen damage that opposes Webbers lifestyle.

She can also drop a tier 1 nest every 5-10 days, have fun with that walking fortress.

496711078_spiderqueen.png.47b7e461b9788a21fd7d45efd49f0e79.png

12 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

She can also drop tier 1 nest every 5-10 days, have fun with that walking fortress.

While we're somewhat at spider queen topic, not gonna derail the thread but i hope her drops could have something special for Webber when he gets the refresh, like pipspooks have for Wendy, or atleast tweak the spiderhat a bit to make it more useful because god is it terrible, not only is its durability super weak and wears off insanely fast, it's practically useless to the point it just clogs chest space, ending in it being thrown into a lureplant garbage bin.

3 hours ago, Canis said:

Webber can craft a sick skateboard, and if he gives four of them to the Spiderqueen she can ride around in style with a +4 coolness aura.

Webber is likely gonna be a pain for kiel too he's a mob based survivor like wurt but kiel but they can't afford to make his mobs strong due to wurt but that means he'll likely go the direction of woodie but then the question becomes what could we even give webber that makes sense, is actually useful in gameplay, and doesn't overshadow characters who have already been refreshed.

5 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Webber is likely gonna be a pain for kiel too he's a mob based survivor like wurt but kiel but they can't afford to make his mobs strong due to wurt but that means he'll likely go the direction of woodie but then the question becomes what could we even give webber that makes sense, is actually useful in gameplay, and doesn't overshadow characters who have already been refreshed.

I don't see how Wurt's existence means they can't buff Webber's spiders.

Spiders are vastly different to merms for starters: they are squishier and pack less of a punch individually, but they can be easily mass produced.

They could simply make spiders good at different things than merms or pigs.

For example, they could help collect grass/twigs/berries instead of chop and mine.

21 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I don't see how Wurt's existence means they can't buff Webber's spiders.

Spiders are vastly different to merms for starters: they are squishier and pack less of a punch individually, but they can be easily mass produced.

They could simply make spiders good at different things than merms or pigs.

For example, they could help collect grass/twigs/berries instead of chop and mine.

Exactly. Wurt introduced new kinds of merms, I don't think it would be too bad if Webber brought in some new spiders too. Like specifically worker spiders that could do what you said, and, like pipspooks, would have a higher chance of spawning when there are more Webbers

13 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Like specifically worker spiders that could do what you said.

But why introduce new spiders when you can update the existing ones?

If a mechanic is underwhelming, the solution is to buff it, not introduce a different, better mechanic that'll make everyone forget about the old one.

Plus, we have like 7 types of spider already...

8 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

But why introduce new spiders when you can update the existing ones?

If a mechanic is underwhelming, the solution is to buff it, not introduce a different, better mechanic that'll make everyone forget about the old one.

Plus, we have like 7 types of spider already...

because I'm a man who likes when creatures have multiple types. Ants  and termites are a big fav of mine. :D

Archived