Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Toripuru

Who did you think get next rework in September?

Who do you think gets next refresh in September and who you would like to be?   

211 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is the character gets the next rework?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/20 at 09:00 PM

Toripuru    18
5 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Wes is lacking in your list.

Yeah it's like kinda joke but I think he got his own refresh in april 1st.

ShadowDuelist    6794
5 minutes ago, Toripuru said:

I'm sure he will get a serious refresh at some point. They won't necesarily buff him, but at least give him something new and a bit of backstory.

Pinegrove    927

I feel like it's either Wx78, Wickerbottom or Wolfgang, since they are older characters than Webber and Wigfrid. I believe Maxwell and especially Wilson will be the last characters to be reworked, since they have the most lore tied to them so far. 

Viktor234    4841
8 minutes ago, Toripuru said:

On the 1st april, Klei confirmed that Wes is still up for a character refresh yet, that "refresh" you did mention is just a small (not gamechanging) hotfix.

Pinegrove    927
1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

On the 1st april, Klei confirmed that Wes is still up for a character refresh yet, that "refresh" you did mention is just a small (not gamechanging) hotfix.

Oh, did they? I totally missed that, can you send a link or mention when they said it? 

Dragonboooorn    287

I wait for Maxwell refresh simply because he have such magic related potential. Webber, Wolfgang, Wicker and others will probably get more...  Balanced refresh, to fit in the team, without something really important and new. Maxwell, Shadow King in the past, can only summon 3 workers. Isn`t it laughable? He is overrated and deserve so much more.

Though I think Webber/Wigfrid  will get refresh in September because theyre popular. 

16 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

Wilson will be the last characters to be reworked, since they have the most lore tied to them so far. 

Well, refresh isnt about "lore". We didnt get anything about Woodies past in his rework. Only more qustions. Like, why moon give him even more were forms?

Hornete    5233

It'll probably be Webber.

Somewhat off-topic, but I'm hoping we don't get reworks for Wigfrid and Maxwell, I find them close to perfect imo, and theres nothing that I'd change except for duelists(and even then, I still really love using duelists personally)

Toripuru    18
34 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

Oh, did they? I totally missed that, can you send a link or mention when they said it? 

I didn't see either. 

QuartzBeam    1540

There is no alternate universe where a rework of the Big Three would not cause mass backlash, no matter how good it is. And Klei knows this. (JoeW has specifically mentioned that they are a bit... scared about those 3 reworks.)

So it perplexes me why so many people seem to think that'll happen anytime soon, when Klei still has so many "safe" choices to exhaust; characters who pretty much everyone agrees are bland and/or unimpressive (cough Webber cough).

Then again, I suppose they could just "rip off the band aid" and rework one of the Big Three, but the chances of that are pretty slim.

Bluegeist    1755

I know the challenges of refreshing those three, but if I'm not at the edge of my seat waiting for WX-78's ;-;

Mike23Ua    7155
2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I'm sure he will get a serious refresh at some point. They won't necesarily buff him, but at least give him something new and a bit of backstory.

I’ve done said this a million times, but make him useful in a Team based game so that his downsides do not hinder/and or effect other players.. Currently, people always kick Wes Players out of their games because for a TEAM all he does is make other players experience that much worse.

The TL:DR- If I did not pick to Play as Wes why must I also be forced to deal with Wes’s downsides when someone else picks him?

So yes Wes will get a Rework, because the current way he plays was intended for a single player version of the game.

Canis    13015

Webber, 100%. He is god awfully bland to play.

This is what I most commonly do in pubs:

•  Pick Webber
  •  Explore, make/find a base
  •  Gather 8 Spider Dens
  •  Make a Spider Farm
  • Spend 4 minutes holding spacebar during dusk/night.
  • Go to base during the day, gather stuff that other players havent yet.
  • Spend 4 minutes holding spacebar
  • Go **** around and pick up the slack from the base before dusk.
  • Spend 4 minutes holding spacebar

Do you see the issue here? I do. I main Webber, and I'm one of the first people to tell you that Webber sucks. Is he mechanically powerful? Sure, he gives an infinite amount of health (glands), hunger (mm), and sanity (silk(top hat, tent)), but is he fun to play? God no. Spider wars have a really cool novelty to them when you haven't seen them before. But after you play webber for any period of time, it's just... boring.

Dr. Safety    3634
2 hours ago, Hornete said:

Somewhat off-topic, but I'm hoping we don't get reworks for Wigfrid and Maxwell, I find them close to perfect imo, and theres nothing that I'd change except for duelists(and even then, I still really love using duelists personally)

I definitely agree that they are the two most universally balanced with uses in both early and late game. I would like to see some more magic potential from Maxwell, even if it is just upping his passive sanity gain to make him even more suited to use nightmare stuff. I'd also like to see some minor combat buffs from Wigfrid where she can do a Forge style battle cry and giving everyone faster movement speed for a few seconds or something. However if both remain unchanged, I think that they will still be fun and viable. (Now that my Warly prayers have been answered I'm shifting gear over to Maxwell's rework and I've been working on some skin concepts for it as well as some new perks that could really help him shine)

Mike23Ua    7155

I’m going to guess that the next rework is Wilson.. Klei recently released a QoL update that gave him alternate beards... and THEN they stated that “More Beards are Coming soon..”

So if the next Rework isn’t Wilson, it’s most defiantly Webber.. but only because Klei tends to rework the character everyone votes to see reworked most.

minespatch    77073

I chuckled seeing the mass votes going to webber.

As for Wigfrid and Maxwell retooling, let's just hope the changes don't CHANGE the overwall gameplay.

Gourmand    700

If it's WX I hope they give him an RPG style upgrade system. Inputting gears and picking from multiple upgrades, using a variety of different parts to reach max stats. Frazzled wires + gears, doodads + gears etc. A fully customizable WX sounds really cool. Want to be a speed demon? You can equip an oil upgrade (gears + skittersquid ink). Want to have heat resistance? Install a cooling system (gears + frazzled wires + blue gem). The potential is limitless.

ArubaroBeefalo    4207
20 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

If it's WX I hope they give him an RPG style upgrade system. Inputting gears and picking from multiple upgrades, using a variety of different parts to reach max stats. Frazzled wires + gears, doodads + gears etc. A fully customizable WX sounds really cool. Want to be a speed demon? You can equip an oil upgrade (gears + skittersquid ink). Want to have heat resistance? Install a cooling system (gears + frazzled wires + blue gem). The potential is limitless.

is what i wanted since i read "upgraded with gears"

gadjet-kanor--644x400.jpg

Cheggf    650
9 hours ago, Hornete said:

It'll probably be Webber.

I want a Maxwell rework just so he can get a cool summoning animation instead of the generic work one.

Pikapikap    830

First of all, it is certain that characters including the Big Three and wes will be refreshed in a real sense.

after the character is refreshed, Klei will also collect some constructive suggestions, make some modifications, and finally complete the refresh, so I look forward to the updates they will bring.

And I don't think I need to be too sensitive to the Big Three. I think the challenging changes are also very interesting. They will only get better or more interesting, just like the characters that have been refreshed before.