Sei Bellissima

Grifting through the files (aka Datamining)

Sei Bellissima    976

I uh, missed a line in one of the caption things so I fixed the post kjadshkajs

58 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Also this is a mood and a half

I'm tempted to make this guy my profile image lol (if not maybe the banner or something)

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If that's what they looked like as teenagers, makes me wonder what kra'deshi's looks like as children...

Smith mentions being a tadpole so I'm gonna guess that they look even smaller than that, with tails, maybe?

Also there's new Smith-related music but if anyone wants those send me a pm, I'd rather not post it publicly here for privacy reasons ^^;

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

warlepidoptera    209
25 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If that's what they looked like as teenagers, makes me wonder what kra'deshi's looks like as children...

Omg I really need to see babies kra'deshi's now

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

warlepidoptera    209

1 hour ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Oolo has what, 1 or 2 siblings? Seems pretty normal for em.

Oolo does mentions having two siblings born in Deltree, but I don't recall her explicitly says their exact number in total

• Like 2

minespatch    84345

Just heard the new smith music in gameplay. Since I played Shanke again a few days ago, it really reminded me of that. Pretty catchy tunes if you manage to play Griftlands on debug to check out the Smith run.

• Like 1

RageLeague    1456

I looked at the smith quest already existed in the game. Turns out they each have a follow-up effect after you completed them.

For sponsorship deal, you are either getting a cut from the sponsor or they are beating you up, depending on how you acted during the quest.(Turns out whether moreef does well depends on whether you beat the sponsor up or not. Funny how that works.)

For special goods, moreef sells you lumin wine that cost significantly less than 300 per bottle to you if you succeed.

For the oshnu race, if you feed the oshnu the slow juice, it will be sent to "retirement" after some time and you can acquire a racing oshnu.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

As for the family thing; I know we only have like. One example but maybe a family of six is considered large in Havaria? From what we know of Sal's backstory she doesn't have any siblings. Maybe it's impractical/expensive for families of other species to have more than one kid. idk I'm just rambling

That would make a lot of sense, yeah. I don't know why but my brain decided "Ahh, slug people, they probably lay like a ton of eggs" and was thinking they'd have families numbered by the dozens. 

• Like 4

minespatch    84345
15 hours ago, Sei Bellissima said:

WE GOT TEMP SMITH SLIDES!!!! WE GOT LORE!!!!

Smith is one of your playable characters / possible companions. He's a trust fund kid who rebelled against familial expectation and became a Grifter. He's kind of a dirtbag.

image.png

"When Smith's lips aren't wrapped around a bottle, they're bellowing hot air—usually in the wrong place, at the wrong time. On top of that, he hasn't mastered his knack: a mysterious power he never quite grew into. But he does have his uses. And he certainly seems to be happy to travel with you, even if you do have your fair share of enemies.",

does this mean this slide above is now defunct?

ResettePlayer    6196
10 hours ago, minespatch said:

does this mean this slide above is now defunct?

These haven't been valid in... ever, but since Smith slides have come up, thought I'd share.
Not sure if it's okay to post these, since this is not current or future content. Mods/admins, strike me down if this crosses a line.

I love this second one a whole lot. That frickin' hand at the top of the frame there. The dude with the atomic elbow. Good stuff.

It's a shame that all this beautiful work had to be thrown out, but the needs of the game have changed over the past 3+ years. It happens. 

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

RageLeague    1456

The names of the promoted units are so funny, i don't even know they are temp names or not.

For the luminitiates, the names are Lumii and Lumoo. For the laborers, they are called Reeni and Meeni(maybe brothers and sisters?). Reeni even have a bio(In true Havarian fashion, Reeni's promoted status seems to have been prompted by something other than her lackluster work ethic.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sei Bellissima    976
3 minutes ago, FruitShake said:

I found them about two weeks ago and was sure you've already seen it :_D So hello datamining thread, here are Smith's outfits which can be seen at the moment.

Yeah I've seen the first and the third ones before, I don't remember seeing the second one lol.

Anyone try out Smith's day one boss fight yet? It has a pretty neat mechanic involving the minions you can win over in the negotiation before.