Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Nattou1214

Console HUD for PC Version

Nattou1214    4

Would it be possible to see console-like HUD for the PC version of DST in a future update? Ever since ROG/SW I have never liked how the backpack is awkwardly put on the right side of the screen when my eyes are usually rested on the lower part where most of my inventory is located. I have always been salty about how neat the console HUD looks.
Sorry if any of this comes off as being rude, I just want to put it out there. Thanks :)

~Credits to the original owner of the pic, sorry I forgot your name

dis.JPG

mathem99    1816

Actually, that'd be a great idea! If Klei doesn't implement it maybe someone can make it into a mod?

Spoiler

And... maybe add it to single-player Don't Starve as well?

ArubaroBeefalo    4322
25 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

Actually, that'd be a great idea! If Klei doesn't implement it maybe someone can make it into a mod?

Hide contents

And... maybe add it to single-player Don't Starve as well?

in single player you can have it with a controler if it works for you

mathem99    1816
14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

in single player you can have it with a controler if it works for you

I'm not very good with a controller, so it'd be nice if there was an option to have the inventory HUD look like the Console Version's, but being able to play with a Mouse & Keyboard.

ArubaroBeefalo    4322
12 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

I'm not very good with a controller, so it'd be nice if there was an option to have the inventory HUD look like the Console Version's, but being able to play with a Mouse & Keyboard.

put the controler mode and plug in a controler the hud change and if you unplug the controler the hud will keep like it so you can play with k&m but with the controler hud

the bad thing is that i think it only works if you put a controler (i dont remember if it works turning on the controler mode without controler) and that you need to do it everytime the hud changes (sometimes when you relaunch the game it changes)

mathem99    1816
5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

put the controler mode and plug in a controler the hud change and if you unplug the controler the hud will keep like it so you can play with k&m but with the controler hud

the bad thing is that i think it only works if you put a controler (i dont remember if it works turning on the controler mode without controler) and that you need to do it everytime the hud changes (sometimes when you relaunch the game it changes)

Huh, it works! Thank-you for mentioning it, ArubaroBeefalo. So that's one solution, albeit somewhat unconventional, it works like a charm.

image.thumb.png.7c901044e0cd7808584d33ca42374e3b.png

Mike23Ua    7184

Huh?? Wait, I thought the pausing of the game while in that HUD Menu was something that people wanted changed on consoles.. You CAN NOT still freely move around while navigating through that Menu screen sure it may Look prettier- But I would take an ugly HUD and free movement any day over a prettier one that requires me to stand completely still & drag & drop for example Ectoherbology potions onto Abigails flower to Heal her.

Im legitimately confused now.. :/ 

TheHollowKnight    1860
Spoiler

Could we stay on-topic please. the  post above me was not far-off-topic but please. Sorry if this comes off as rude  I dont want it to sound rude.

Yes I have gotten used to the backpack on the side but being able to change from below to side would be nice.

Nattou1214    4

I didn't expect a mod to be made within 24 hours lol and from the god who makes all those performance mods I've been using way before I started playing DST (ROG/SW/Hamlet)
Thank you for this mod! I love it

CarlZalph    4146
6 hours ago, zVince said:

This problem happens when you pause the game with the Global Pause mod

thanks for the mod also

Ah, you posted one on here too.  Thanks for the report on the Steam page too, the notifications on there definitely happen quicker.

Spoiler

image.png.29ecb940dfc1cabb53993ab87ddb68c3.png

(Fixed)

Quirks/bugs as of 0.1.3:

The backpack can be "closed" but it doesn't do anything.  Not sure if controller users can actually close up their backpack, I don't have a controller.

The two rows sometimes can't be shift-clicked to move items quickly between the two, I looked into it and I'm not sure where that's coming from.

The first item in the first row starts out big like it's being hovered over.  It shrinks back when you hover over it.

NZG    0

Hello, could someone help me? I have a problem with the navigation hud in my game, I cannot see the life of my boat. Is there a solution?

I'm using google translator, I'm sorry if there are any errors.

dont satcev.PNG

CarlZalph    4146
On 7/14/2020 at 12:28 AM, CarlZalph said:

Quirks/bugs as of 0.1.3:

The backpack can be "closed" but it doesn't do anything.  Not sure if controller users can actually close up their backpack, I don't have a controller.

The two rows sometimes can't be shift-clicked to move items quickly between the two, I looked into it and I'm not sure where that's coming from.

The first item in the first row starts out big like it's being hovered over.  It shrinks back when you hover over it.

0.1.4 pushed.

Backpacks can still be "closed" and it will disable the shift-click hotkey from functioning until it's "reopened".  Other two things are fixed.