Clifford W.

Stalker Bones (Ancient Fuelweaver) Blockade

Bird Up    1788

The wicker/wilson thing is an unintended reskin thing you can do with a wardrobe. i tried to report it a month or two ago, and others have. Klei apparently knows about it but hasnt done anything yet.

One idea for the fossils, klei could make it impossible to build near the portal, and near touchstones so you can't trap people. And make wicker's tentacle books not work by touchstones and the portal.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 1

Mike23Ua    6489

You can’t call people out on these forums, even if they are jerks in-game it is against the guidelines and rules, I try my best to ignore jerks as much as I can. 

Isn’t there like a “Block” Button in game that prevents you from EVER playing with said persons ever again? I mean on Xbox when I block someone I Almost never encounter them again.. the console intentionally makes sure that whatever game I play.. that block person isn’t in it with me.

I don’t know how that works on Klei Official servers.. but I know that when I block someone on the Xbox version that block continues to persist against all my world saves unless I manually choose to “Unban” the persons I blocked from joining my world.

--- -.-    3690

making it that cant build near portal does nothing because no matter what radius you cant build around portal griefers can just build around it and removing collision is dumb. also restricting building at portal is lame cause in endless worlds people including me like building at portal and even not on endless worlds you could want to build base at the portal.

the only thing is maybe certain hostile mobs shouldn't spawn very close to the portal like spiders and tentacles

klei should add a command similar to how /rescue command was but instead you right click on the portal (cause newbies probably don't know about commands so intractable action with portal makes more sense) and it will spawn you in a random location similar to how wilderness worlds are that way nobody can be trapped at portal and building at the portal would be pointless so that would be the best implementation to prevent portal griefing, ur welcome klei.

Edited by --- -.-
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    5638
Spoiler
19 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

What a ironic nick name

Actually not - this is what they do for whatever insane reason they have in their twisted minds, antisocial behavior is like an intrinsic SJWs personality trait.

Yes, KLei should make a 1-screen radius around Portal where one can't spawn Tentacles (reading the book there summons nothing), place Walls, Fossils, End Tables etc - the regular stuff griefers put there to block/kill newly-spawned players. Same with Touchstones. Saw community servers where such measures were implemented successfully; yet KLei - crickets.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*personal reply into spoiler, "SJW" muy problematico*
  • Like 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    5638
1 hour ago, gaymime said:

please don't strong-arm your personal political agenda into things. it isn't helpful.

You know what "isn't helpful": not dealing with the griefing problem in DST for over 4 years (6 if one considers Early Access) no matter who does it and for whatever (deranged) reason. People come again-and-again on Steam Forums, here on KLei forums, on Reddit etc to point recurrent nasty and blatant griefing like OP and KLei nothing. While all major multiplayer games have this aspect sorted from Beta. 2-and-some years ago was the madness with repeated resetting of servers where around 3 groups of people, 1 of them with bots, popped on servers, started votes to reset worlds, votes that passed of course on account of number-advantages and left. I remember a day in which one of these groups sat for literally hours doing this insanity - talking about "no life". In any other game those groups would've been game-banned in first hour of such behavior. And only after a load of people came on these forums complaining, KLei introduced the 20-days-on-server rule for starting votes. But guess what: you could override that via console commands till 1 or 2 updates ago (at moment of this post). I myself joined these forums to inquire about mentioned server-reset griefing problem - and much-much more. Aspects that should've been accounted for and dealt with, I repeat, from Beta.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*additions and corrections*
  • Like 1

gaymime    2690
15 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

snip

that hasn't a single thing to do with my request for you to stop. i do reiterate though; please stay on topic and keep your personal politics to yourself, thanks.

Edited by gaymime
forgot the semicolon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    5638
54 minutes ago, gaymime said:

that hasn't a single thing to do with my request for you to stop. i do reiterate though; please stay on topic and keep your personal politics to yourself, thanks.

Fair enough (more so as some people seem to "get triggered" by any negative viewpoint on the "SJW" concept).

Placed my reply to Arubaro in spoiler. Carry on.

KeshS    3421

I don't understand why people post this stuff about public servers, especially veterans. Just like X0 mentioned, griefing was unmonitored since the release. Crying about it won't and will never be fixed. 

At the end of the day, just treat official servers as anarchy. There is a lot of things that might pop up as bad apples, but there are also things you can get away with that isn't possible on monitored servers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    5638
29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Meanwhile.. I still thought that calling people out on the forums was against the forum rules?

Griefers change their nick a lot. If OP posted links, KLei ID, that sort of thing would be understandable and against rules. Am sure chap from those print-screens by now passed through a dozen of nick-changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viktor234    4650
6 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Griefers change their nick a lot.

That's true for some griefers, other griefers/jerks on the other hand don't tend to change their names alot.

But in that case, since that "social justice gamer" guy (31. January 2020: Played as Wickerbottom, spawned Tentacles at Spawn and Touch Stones and kept killing others with 'The End is Nigh!') calls himself "Deladap" right now, he's also one of the griefers who tend to change their names before griefing a server.

Well, the best thing I can recommend others if they notice a griefer is to ignore their steam account and/or to note their steam ID and either rollback and kick the griefer if possible, or leave the server and join another one. Reporting them on Steam or in the Klei Forums won't help at all, and only critical ways of griefing like using "c_startvote" to regenerate the world as soon as you join are going to be fixed by Klei.

Reporting griefers on the Forum feels like "Feeding the Troll" and "Teaching newcomer griefers how to grief" at once.

x0-VERSUS-1y    5638

Well.. hope dies last they say.

Perhaps, in an "apotheotic end", KLei might address this issue - one way or the other.

• Like 1

DaZoul    843

I have an idea rather daring, and pretty controversial: Leave that server to the rats, and play on a different server. Cause I dont find this to be a worldwide major problem, I have never seen anybody do this, so you can't call it common, we all experienced bad things, just leave, and find a better place to play. 

• Like 1

Viktor234    4650
3 hours ago, DaZoul said:

Leave that server to the rats

Bruh, calling clueless players rats ain't very friendly: There'll be always players who'll join an almost empty server during autumn, especially because it's autumn.

• Haha 1

Queron81    473
On 7/13/2020 at 6:10 AM, FuriousChimera said:

I think the reason Klei doesnt want to fix the structure block portal because portal base is pretty decent in Endless world.

Easy solution: make it an option in world settings ("Portal safe space: on/off").

__IvoCZE__    7920
6 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Bruh, calling clueless players rats ain't very friendly

i'm pretty sure he meant the people that blocked the portal, not the new, clueless players.

• Thanks 1

BeeClops    373
11 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I have an idea rather daring, and pretty controversial: Leave that server to the rats, and play on a different server. Cause I dont find this to be a worldwide major problem, I have never seen anybody do this, so you can't call it common, we all experienced bad things, just leave, and find a better place to play. 

It is extremely common, i can only imagine you didn't play public servers enough :D .

I somehow don't get bothered too much by it, when playing on public i very much expect griefers at all times. And if the group is decent, rebuilding the base is nice, it always turns out better. The portal griefing suks if you just joined the server, but in that case you're not too invested i'd just leave. I feel pity if anything for those people, i imagine a sad life is required to get satisfaction out of those actions.

• Like 3