Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] Summer Patch Available Now! - 419840

Yaswanth    21

I wonder how many mods will be broken with this update.

Btw does grooming increase ranching skill now?... Sry if this has been already addressed, I was out of the scene for a while and couldnt find any threads about this. 

Mantak    63
1 hour ago, Yaswanth said:

I wonder how many mods will be broken with this update.

Btw does grooming increase ranching skill now?... Sry if this has been already addressed, I was out of the scene for a while and couldnt find any threads about this. 

No, it will be never fixed!! MUUUHHEEHEHEHEHEEHEH!!!!

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Sweepy's Dock is now overheatable

There goes my magma biome sweepy build ._.

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fix bug where Auto Sweepers' storage was growing unbounded, but not delivering contents
  • Unfortunately this reverts the fix to the bug where sweepers drop their contents on load - our delivery system requires this, for the time being

@Ipsquiggle

Do you guys have an idea how long this bug is going to stick around? It really destroys many builds that require sweepers to be liquid cooled while the rest of the environment is kept a vacuum, mostly while moving hot stuff (like 1600C igneous rock). If it's always dropping on load, that will flash boil any cooling in place. I can't continue my game until this is addressed, because my petrol boiler, magma cooler and more will instantly break, wasting hours of effort.

Glassyfo    219
2 hours ago, vascoegertklei said:

There goes my magma biome sweepy build ._.

@Ipsquiggle

Do you guys have an idea how long this bug is going to stick around? It really destroys many builds that require sweepers to be liquid cooled while the rest of the environment is kept a vacuum, mostly while moving hot stuff (like 1600C igneous rock). If it's always dropping on load, that will flash boil any cooling in place. I can't continue my game until this is addressed, because my petrol boiler, magma cooler and more will instantly break, wasting hours of effort.

A workaround is to cool the edges of the sweeper arm and avoid the middle. That's what I've been doing.

Glassyfo    219

Is there any particular reason for making insulated pipes blue? In my mind that's the colour for highlighting.

RonEmpire    598
33 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

Is there any particular reason for making insulated pipes blue? In my mind that's the colour for highlighting.

Probably cuz the yellow and orange are too close to each other in color. 

7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

The seed chance bonus from the Agriculture skill was only being applied at 1/100th strength. Now a 3% increased chance actually means a 3% increased chance. (This is on top of the base 10% chance any crop plant has of producing a seed)

So if a dupe has 5 agriculture skill does that mean plants have a 15% chance of dropping a seed now? What was it before?

Ambaire    365
30 minutes ago, TheMattInTheHat said:

So if a dupe has 5 agriculture skill does that mean plants have a 15% chance of dropping a seed now? What was it before?

If it was 1/100th strength, I'm gonna assume that means 10% + 0.05% = 10.05%.

minespatch    78479
9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Prevent fetch errands from putting items in storage that were never requested. This is a partial fix for "buildings with weird stuff inside them."
  • Sweepy now correctly starts and stops charging if the dock becomes powered/unpowered while Sweepy is trying to charge

These ones are good to me.

squisher    5

Whose horrible idea was it to make insulated pipes bright blue? My poor eyes...  Water in insulated pipes doesn't look a cheerful blue anymore the combined colors just look like grayscale art tinted blue..  I can barely see the oxygen

Edited by squisher
  • Like 3

0xFADE    548

My main regret is calling it flaking instead of something cooler sounding like ablating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

KILLABUDZ    61

It is always nice to see continued development and see bugs being fixed and the game improved. But is it really too much to ask for the old stable version to be an opt in beta so we can continue enjoying our colonies without them being broken after an update due to mods or bugfixes? Other companies consistently do this on major updates for single player games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

BaloneyOs    264
12 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • The seed chance bonus from the Agriculture skill was only being applied at 1/100th strength. Now a 3% increased chance actually means a 3% increased chance. (This is on top of the base 10% chance any crop plant has of producing a seed)

Oh hey, finally a nosh bean buff!

Edited by BaloneyOs

DarkUFO    0
23 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Conveyors show the proper names of contents, rather than always showing their element (e.g. Genetic Ooze)

Omg finally fixed this error

Thanatos994    13
6 hours ago, leyt1125 said:

P.S.: So happy those bug abusers crying like lil girls here about their cheating bases will be broken :eagerness:

The change to auto-sweepers is reverting to an old bug, so the 'crying' here is because a bug that was fixed is returning and will ruin a lot of bases. The only changes here that are removing 'useful' bugs are the sweepy dock and ice machine fixes... and I hope we eventually get better ways to manage/create magma because I doubt this will close that door, it will just force the community to make use of other exploits until there's a purpose-built mechanism for making things hotter than~500C without a volcano.

OxCD    736
5 hours ago, Thanatos994 said:

The only changes here that are removing 'useful' bugs are the sweepy dock and ice machine fixes

Hem...

On 7/7/2020 at 7:11 PM, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fix partial melting/partial evaporation heat calculations. Energy used should be the energy required, not the difference of what's available
  • Fix solid flaking temperature deletion. Uses the actual energy required for the melt, as well as the SHC of the transition element
  • Fix gas temperature swapping heat loss

• Like 1

KILLABUDZ    61
6 hours ago, Thanatos994 said:

The only changes here that are removing 'useful' bugs are the sweepy dock and ice machine fixes... and I hope we eventually get better ways to manage/create magma because I doubt this will close that door, it will just force the community to make use of other exploits until there's a purpose-built mechanism for making things hotter than~500C without a volcano.

Ice machines were absolutely broken OP cooling before if you built them in vacuum and just decon and rebuild the ice maker before it melted, resetting the mats temp, then just rail the ice to get massive heat soak at extremely high efficiency.

After 1,235 hours I only play heavily themed modpack colonies now, ranging from max difficulty, to super convenient cheap high tech, to bioreactor colonies that use min machines. I just want the previous stable version as opt in beta so I can continue playing my current bases. I could be wrong but I dont think it would take excessive resources to implement.

• Thanks 1

XxMassive    12

Well done Klei for continual patches and more specifically patching exploits such as the sweepy dock not overheating.

I don't know where else to ask this or if it hasn't been asked already. I consider the following to also be exploits:

• Liquid locks that aren't viscogel, such as the T shape liquid lock, or the vertical multi liquid-liquid lock.
  • Diagonal building
  • Unpowered incubator lullabying
  • Infinite liquid storage - I'm sure you got plans for this one
  • Diagonally teleporting magma debris to power the steam turbine.

I'm just targeting Francis John tbh bless him. This is a problem solving game and I'd like to solve the problems without being tempted by the exploits, and then if unable to myself - applaud the person who does.