Sign in to follow this  
Jason

[Game Update] - 419736

Nettalie    488
1 minute ago, shadowDigga said:

Very nice to see goat problem being solved so quickly. Many thanks.

If it isn't too much trouble, can the same be applied to beefalo since people like to exterminate them as well? Spring rain + Savanna biome. Please.

I don't really see why it should be limited to spring rain for the beefalo to be honest.
What about just Winter?

• Like 2

splorange    861
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Tracking Suspicious Dirt Piles in the oasis desert (the area affected by the summer sandstorm), during a spring rain, will have a chance to find a Volt Goat.

my exact suggestion and i couldnt be happier, thank you so much for this change!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

QuartzBeam    4948

@Jason Has there been some change to the Seedshells' damage mechanic?

Player-thrown Seedshells used to deal 68 damage in some cases and 23.8 in others. (I thought it dealt full damage to aggro'd mobs.) But now they seem to deal a consistent 23.8 damage.

Love the volt goat thing, btw.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    10117

Here’s what I’m thinking though- can’t every other animal in the game (with the exception of fish and apparently pigs) go fully extinct?

What I mean by that is if someone destroys every Catcoon nest, digs up every rabbit hole and kills every rabbit, Hammers down all shacks and slaughters every Merm, Kills every Carrat and Saladmander, Kills every Bee Hive, Wipes out every Beefalo horde ETC..Can’t all these animals go extinct?

• Thanks 1

QuartzBeam    4948
5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Here’s what I’m thinking though- can’t every other animal in the game (with the exception of fish and apparently pigs) go fully extinct?

What I mean by that is if someone destroys every Catcoon nest, digs up every rabbit hole and kills every rabbit, Hammers down all shacks and slaughters every Merm, Kills every Carrat and Saladmander, Kills every Bee Hive, Wipes out every Beefalo horde ETC..Can’t all these animals go extinct?

Rabbits and moleworms are renewable via earthquakes. Bees, iirc, can spawn from tumbleweeds.

Most of the others can go extinct, but you have to go way way way out of your way (nice joke, Walter) to make them so.

Beefalos are perhaps the only real issue, because they can spawn in very small numbers and go extinct at the hands of a giant or a frog rain.

(Well, Saladmanders and Carrats too, but those are from an unfinished expansion and have no unique drops or uses anyway, so their extinction wouldnt really affect you.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Viktor234    5460
39 minutes ago, splorange said:

my exact suggestion and i couldnt be happier, thank you so much for this change!

-your, +our

Considering the fact, that I was the first one who suggested to make them respawnable via Suspicious Dirt Piles while you were the one who suggested to make them available when tracking during rain.

• Thanks 1

Shosuko    2757

Wow, I'm very glad to see this for volt goats!!!  I have had so many sad worlds where the goats all died before I could pen them up.  Goats tend to be very suicidal...  My current world has goats right on the edge of a swamp and I've lost 3 to tentacles already... T_T  I did manage to get 1 penned up this time.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1

Flooremoji    12

Nice that Volt Goats are renewable now!

I'm a bit confused about the seedshell changes, is it just leaks at the edge of the boat?

Amazing changes!

CameoAppearance    2680
21 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

(Well, Saladmanders and Carrats too, but those are from an unfinished expansion and have no unique drops or uses anyway, so their extinction wouldnt really affect you.)

If your world's old enough to have a carrat shrine (or you set it to Year of the Carrat manually, but not many people would) then carrats are renewable too. 

• Like 1

Theukon-dos    3126
1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

Very nice to see goat problem being solved so quickly. Many thanks.

If it isn't too much trouble, can the same be applied to beefalo since people like to exterminate them as well? Spring rain + Savanna biome. Please.

Hasn't this been a problem sense DST released? I wouldn't call that quickly

Kyno    899

That sounds amazing. I always wanted some mechanic like that, as well in caves too... pheraps a Hydra Depth Worm or a Gorilla :P

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    10117
28 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

If your world's old enough to have a carrat shrine (or you set it to Year of the Carrat manually, but not many people would) then carrats are renewable too. 

I had them.. but the game kept crashing endlessly so I deleted all worlds that had them. :( 

QuartzBeam    4948
14 minutes ago, QrChuck said:

Even if all of your beef herds extinct, world regrowth mechanic will bring them back.

I'm pretty sure world regrowth does not affect mobs, only plants.

• Like 1