Select Your Fighter  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you play?

2. 2. Which character is the strongest in terms of overall utility?

3. 3. Which character has the most complex, interesting personality?

4. 4. Why did you main your character?

• They appealed to me in terms of personality.
    • They appealed to me in terms of visual design.
    • They appealed to me in terms of gameplay mechanics they offered
    • They recently came out and I thought I'd pick them up.
    • They have recently been reworked.
    • A guide told me to.
    • I wanted to challenge myself.
    • I wanted to have easier gameplay.
    • I wanted to test new setups with the character.
    • I wanted them because of their character specific structures.
    • I tried them out one day and they stuck.
    • I like their personality.
    • I like the role their playstyle provides.
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)

gaymime    1161

i picked all wes because i haven't played any other characters...like at all. i have no idea how anyone else plays in dst and only tried wilson and wendy in ds(and while i made my first and second 100day runs on wendy i didn't keep either very long. as soon as i unlocked wes i've played him)

• Like 4

Shosuko    2224

I would say I main Willow and Wes, and in your last polls I answered Willow as my main, this time I answered Wes.

There are a number of reasons I like Wes, and he's honestly just a perfect storm of awesome for me.

1) He is a clown type, and I love clowns.  I've been into performing magic, juggling ect since I was a kid and while its never been my vocation I've always appreciated good clown characters.  Miming imo is definitely a type of clowning.  I love clicking to examine things to watch him do his little pantomimes

2) He has no up sides.  I've played every character in the roster, but my typical play-style attempts to be as character agnostic as possible.  I really hate thinking "I was able to do this because I picked X character."  So my Wes games leave me feeling better than even playing as Willow.  (Wilson has never interested me, he's just ew.  idk why, probably because he's a guy.  Wes being a clown overcomes that trap.)

3) Balloons.  Seriously I love these.  Sometimes I'll just sit there and cast balloons until I run out of cooked cactus.

For question #2 I answered Woodie.  I recently gave some time to playing Woodie and he honestly seems like the best solo character in the game.  He can run over water to easily loot the lunar island and explore for salt before you boat anywhere.  He can clear forests in a breeze to build up your base.  He can control whether he summons zero treeguards or has an increased chance to spawn them which I find very strong when you're trying to get living logs vs trying to build 30 chests.  He can chomp down a moose potion in a pinch for great combat utility, moose form is great for 1v1 fights as well as fighting hordes of spiders or bees.  He even gets a bit of free thermal protection in winter.  All of this and his downside is basically that you must transform during a full moon...  so don't forget that in your schedule... but like, great time to go beaver and gnaw down an entire forest lol  And if its not a good time, just stand still and you'll swap back soon enough.

For question #3 it was really tough to think of an answer.  I really don't think any character is complex.  Even people like Warly are pretty straight forward imo.  I answered Wendy because she at least references other characters in her quotes (well she mentioned Webber, and not in a good way, which I find endearing)

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 4

gaymime    1161
6 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

3) Balloons.  Seriously I love these.  Sometimes I'll just sit there and cast balloons until I run out of cooked cactus.

i have made exactly one balloon. i am a poor entertainer.

• Haha 2

Shosuko    2224
3 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i have made exactly one balloon. i am a poor entertainer.

That's okay.  I love you anyway <3 

• Haha 3

Charlie Dark    3637

If I were to play an "official" character and not use the Charlie character mod, I'd play Maxwell or Winona, and it's a dead giveaway why...

Spoiler

Because they're closely related to Charlie, of course!

Edited by Charlie Dark
  • Like 2

Cheggf    237
12 minutes ago, gaymime said:

oops! snake eyes.

Drat!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

If I were to play an "official" character and not use the Charlie character mod, I'd play Maxwell or Winona, and it's a dead giveaway why...

Hide contents

Because they're closely related to Charlie, of course!

I think Winona has a skin that makes her look like Charlie, so you can almost be Charlie.

• Like 2

ArubaroBeefalo    2931

I dont really main any character. I like to play in every world a different character. I voted wendy for being the character with the world with more days (1000 days currendly and i didnt finish my zoo)

About utility i voted for wickedbottom for obv reasons but there is more very useful characters like wormwood with his seed farms, traps and living logs, wurt for being able of bring a lot of different stuff to the base with few merms (logs, food, silk, glands, etc), wortox for being op (that healing is just stupid in some fights like beequeen), warly, woodie and maxwell for obv reasons

Others can bring a lot of utility but i think these are the character that have more impact

Pd. Wurt being ignored make me sad... she is great playing with people, brings a lot to the team. With warly makes a very good combo

gaymime    1161
1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Drat!

I think Winona has a skin that makes her look like Charlie, so you can almost be Charlie.

she defos has the hair and headpiece for it ^^

• Like 1

AlcheLapte    123

Of course Wes, he has super powerful balloons, he's strongest, and easy to survive, his personality is amazing and he is fun to play!

• Haha 2

ArubaroBeefalo    2931
Just now, AlcheLapte said:

Of course Wes, he has super powerful balloons, he's strongest, and easy to survive, his personality is amazing and he is fun to play!

I though was sarcasm until you said he is fun to play which is true

• Like 1

AlcheLapte    123
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I though was sarcasm until you said he is fun to play which is true

None of this is sarcasm. I defeated hounds with balloons. I fisted the spider warrior! Also he's easy to survive because of monster meat + ice = endless meatballs. And his gestures tell a lot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ArubaroBeefalo    2931
6 minutes ago, AlcheLapte said:

None of this is sarcasm. I defeated hounds with balloons. I fisted the spider warrior! Also he's easy to survive because of monster meat + ice = endless meatballs. And his gestures tell a lot!

balloons are underate but is an infinity found of damage and nightmere fuel

SrJavigo    50

Wurt because I like the challenge at the beginning of the game I can farm wood and marble massively also for their stats and kill the bosses (except the deerclops) with merm guards and ... i can farm a lot of gold because i dont eat meat and the trinkets

SoupRiced    231

I've never really been able to find my main in DST... I usually have a main in most other games but not here. I enjoy playing many different characters, but i tend to avoid powerful characters like Wolfgang or WX-78 because I don't find them too fun to play, I usually prefer playing more challenging characters. I also like characters that offer unique gameplay and have interesting perks.

Currently I've been leaning towards Wurt, Wormwood and Wortox.

Wurt - Pure sentiment, and maybe because her diet kinda forces a different playstyle.

Wormwood - Because he is a great support character, and I've always enjoyed playing support characters.

Wortox - Because I can be the healer of the team. I enjoy healing people as well.

• Like 1

Ryde    166

Winona. She crafts faster and I have love for engineering. Her structures are by no means better than being another wolfgang but it's satisfying having headlights which follow you and spoons guarding your back. It's only a plus she doesn't force a different playstyle.

• Haha 1