Nevve    7

First off i want to say that this post is a just a sugestion and i love the game and what the devlopers have planned for it, i just think it would be really great if Wilson had a little bit of shine behind lore, and i am very aware that the whole Wilson character revolves around simplicity and i love that, i think a extensive rework wouldn't really fit him, and that is why i think that a rework could come in form of an event like ''Wilson's Special Day'' could even be in celebration of Don't Starve's anniversary, where for once the mad unlucky scientist himself, that has gone through a lot gets to have a special power like the others, finally getting to show it's ideas that have been traped in his crazy mind for all these years to his friends!

it would be lovely to hear your opinion too in what special power Wilson could have if he ever got one by chance 

(sorry for any typos, i am a big fan from Brazil and wanted to throw this idea i had in the middle of the night for other to discuss, your opinion on the idea would be much appreciated)

• Thanks 1

Pikapikap    664

Antes de tudo, obrigado por sua disposição de compartilhar seus pensamentos, bem-vindos amigos

does wilson deserve a rework? My personal opinion is yes he is definitely deserve it. Because klei has shown in the roadmap that all the characters will be refresh.I think he will have some new abilities, just like other characters who have been refresh.

Maybe his resurrection statue will get some interesting changes? I am looking forward to the refresh he will get in the future~

Edited by Pikapikap
  • Thanks 4

Pikapikap    664
1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Oh yeah, a character themed meat effigy update would be great.

haha Very interesting idea, thanks for sharing~

• Like 2

minespatch    74172
Just now, Pikapikap said:

haha Very interesting idea, thanks for sharing~

It'll take the devs a while since you got the eleven already implemented and then you got the new five. So that's 16 characters needing a effigy design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pikapikap    664
4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

It'll take the devs a while since you got the eleven already implemented and then you got the new five. So that's 16 characters needing a effigy design.

Yes, it would be very cool for every character to have a separate statue made by Wilson for them. It would also be very interesting if they have their own movements that can express the characteristics of the character and be locked on the statue. For example, if the statue of wolf lifts a boulder or a barbell? XD

Edited by Pikapikap
  • Like 3

Mike23Ua    5577

I’m pretty sure every character in the game that hasn’t been reworked is getting a rework.. these reworks are making each of them feel fleshed out more unique from others, and fun to play as.

Now as far as what KIND of Rework we think Wilson would possibly get... theres already plenty of other threads that’s discussed that.

• Thanks 1

Nevve    7
Just now, minespatch said:

Oh yeah, a character themed meat effigy update would be great.

I can even imagine the little loop animation of Wilson breaking free of the meat effigy on the title screen

Great idea!

• Like 1

minespatch    74172
2 minutes ago, Nevve said:

I can even imagine the little loop animation of Wilson breaking free of the meat effigy on the title screen

If we go by the Forge, Wilson is a necromancer. He can revise himself and others from the dead. He's kind of the team medic as a doctor...

But he's probably a failed doctor just as he is a gentleman hobbyist scientist.

• Like 3

Nevve    7
Just now, minespatch said:

If we go by the Forge, Wilson is a necromancer. He can revise himself and others from the dead. He's kind of the team medic as a doctor...

But he's probably a failed doctor just as he is a gentleman hobbyist scientist.

Maybe he could make a revive that always hurts him but just sometimes revives others without max health penalty

• Like 1

Lumberlocke    909

Yes. I'd love to see them prioritize fun with Wilson, rather than utility. Like some new wacky psuedo-science stuff in the same theme as the meat effigy. Just "strange science" that fits his always experimenting personality. :wilson_love:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Szczuku    12788

Uh... yeah? What's the point of a blank, default character in a game where you have access to every single free character?

There's enough characters with nonexistent cons for new players to learn how to play with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

minespatch    74172
16 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

There's enough characters with nonexistent cons for new players to learn how to play with.

Walter is technically the new beginner player character.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

KeshS    2392
30 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Uh... yeah? What's the point of a blank, default character in a game where you have access to every single free character?

It really helps new players to have a better feel of the game. Most of the time they would focus on the char itself instead of the game progress and something like reduction of max sanity (Willow) could be detrimental to the them.

30 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Newbies don't even understand what pros or cons mean so they just pick the char that have the best looks.

Edited by KeshS
  • Like 3

Honestly, we know that Wilson is a graduated doctor (some his replics, Forge Abilities and Gorge Skin description) so why don't make him one? Just give my boy ability to revive characters with Teltale Heart without Max HP loss for revived and ability to use healing items (not food) 2x more effective than others. As downside - Wilson don't like spiders, so he lose not -25 sanity near them like others, but -50 and, like Walter, spider bite damage sanity for -10 per bite. He doesn't become TOO complicated, and he can't farm a lot of spider glands for healing, so he need teamwork with Wendy or Webber for that. Also the bigger sanity loss from spiders makes reviving teammates really useful for Wilson, because reviving always add +50 sanity. With all that Wilson might become really nice character for team, but still being nice for absolute noobs

• Like 2

gaymime    1132

to be fair if

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Yeah and they'll most likely pick:

a) A cute girl- Wendy, Willow or Wigfrid

b) A non-human- Webber, Wx-78

c) Walter cuz he has a dog

you aren't wrong there, if walt&wob were already out when i started playing dont starve i probably wouldn't be a wes mainer, hahahaha

Edited by gaymime
i'm illiterate
  • Like 1

Dr. Safety    3104

Or Wilson cuz anime hair

• Haha 2

BezKa    48

OOF you got me, the moment I saw Webber I went "SPIDER!!" and he's my main to this day.

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 1:26 AM, Dr. Safety said:

I'm sure he will be tweaked but I don't see any big changes with him. It is good to make him fun to play as, but I don't think he should have a playstyle centered around gimmicks like Walter, Warly, or Woodie.

I like the necromancer theme, and the idea of shadow magic. Perhaps it should be powers that are only useful in late game, as opposed to his already existent beard and stuff. Magic seems like a good theme.

If nothing else, he needs a rework simply so he can create character exclusive items. All the other characters have received this, he needs it too.

• Like 1