ADM

Lureplants would probably enjoy a rework now

Shosuko    2229

It would be kinda interesting if a lureplant needed to be fertilized, with consuming items counting towards its fertilization value.  You couldn't just exploit a dozen lureplantbulbs on a boat, but you could get more meat from your trash can lol

• Like 1

Cheggf    324
4 hours ago, TimothyCarter said:

I don't know. We have other ridiculously easy ways to get meat like bunny farms. I don't really see this as a big deal. With 20 bunny houses and 16 pig houses, I already have so much food and you can continue to craft more and more house. They are basically pierogi conveyor belts. Lureplants are non-craftable and so you get whatever amount you are lucky enough to spawn every spring, so after my 600 days of being in my world, my comparative ~30 lureplants really aren't that overpowered in my opinion.

I honestly like that there could be a new amazing meta for food other than bunnies and pigs

Exactly. You can start working on and expanding a bunnyman farm starting on day 1 while you can't get lureplants until you've already been playing for several hours, and then you don't get them that quick. Bunny and pig farms can be made fully automatic with the use of anenemies, and even if you aren't making them fully automatic it still only takes a few seconds for an oven or infighting to grant you weeks worth of food. I don't think lureplants need to be nerfed just because they're now worth placing outside of a permanent sailor playstyle or flingomatic extender.

Not to mention bunny and pig farms also provide carrots, bunny puffs (gold/fur roll), and leather instead of exclusively food.

• Like 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    5416

I never bothered collecting any Lureplant bulb and won't start bothering myself now just because of some new (sanity) recipes - nothing that some good cacti or green mushrooms can't solve quickly. Also they don't spawn that much and basically are tied to Spring. All-in-all I for one think they're ok as of now.

Captain_Rage    1354
21 hours ago, ADM said:

So what's WRONG exactly ?

Are the recipes overpowered ? No, they're okay in fact. The game needs more >options< like this one but the most important part is how it's done...

Perhaps a new vegetarian pirate character is waiting around the corner? (I wish)

• Like 1

ADM    4582
58 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Overall, I say it’s an interesting alternative to the typical power foods. They do have their issues, but if you use them right, they can definitely put in quite a punch.

Well yes ^^ that's just what I wanted to mention, they're just okay

We can have good values out of lot of various ressources and leafy meat is going to be one of them now, I just don't like the farming method

Fictitious    1
On 7/2/2020 at 1:12 PM, ADM said:

Pretty cool, but is this going to be interesting with the actual system ?

Not really because Leafy Meat farms are extremely boring and simple setups :

1. Loot Lureplants during spring
  2. Plant the Fleshy Bulbs
  3. Change the ground a with turfs that block Eyeplants
  4. ???
  5. profit clown-face_1f921.png

Joke aside, you can use Fleshy Bulbs for many sort of things, farms or functions... but farming Leafy Meat was always very accessible, yet not so useful until then. I've been using this resource to befriend mobs or get tons of eggs once I have a decent quantity of Lureplants.

Now Leafy Meat is a strong ingredient for the Crock Pot, unlocking a very cheap recipe, one with good nutrition and healing values, the burger of all trades and Ice Cream without the cooling and extra ingredients.

You don't even need to returf the area, you can plant them on boats and no eyes spawn. Which is what I expect most people would do.

• Like 1

Ryde    166

If I'm understanding you right, you're saying it should be possible for a lureplant to produce more than one leafy meat per day if it consumes something to make it. If so then I am comfortable to I advocate. Even if the change results in the lureplant producing a leafy meat per 2 days as an example if you leave it to starve.

As long as the changes do not need management as a requisite. Then you have my vote, mister president.

• Thanks 1