HeatAndRun

Wurt can't eat leafy meat related recipes?

HeatAndRun    1280

image.png.67193c1b834a7ebda1c017c594116de2.png

Gather round all vegetarians and meatatarians to define whether leafy meat is meat or vegetable!!

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Haha 4

Lumberlocke    940

I'm pretty sure anything with a long eating animation is considered no good for Wurt, i.e: the one where they hunch over and chew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mysterious box    253

The only thing that kinda makes me sad is crockpot recipes and food sources keep increasing massively for everyone but wurt despite the continued focus on the sea I really want wurt to have a reason to go out to sea aside from a lunar rush and seasonal fish.

I mainly feel this way because Wurt is the only character who has to go to sea for a perk.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bird Up    1684

dog I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't eat something called meaty leaves. Leafy meat name however is a lot like veggie burger or vegan meat. Fake meat in real life is also called things like beyond meat, plant meat. None of which are meat.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 2

gaymime    1586

i dunno, when i hear 'meaty leaf' i think of things like artichoke hearts and cactus since the structure of language dictates that the word describing a noun comes before said noun

• Like 1

Owlrus98    2597

I consider it more of a sub-class of meat truthfully for a couple reasons:

1. There is no way to acquire leafy meat without it coming from a living creature. Even if the creature itself is a plant, the meat is still taken from its anatomy in some way (often times you need to kill the creature to get the meat with the exception of bulbs). Therefore, Leafy Meat requires hunting whereas normal vegetables require farming.
  2.  There is never a point where you could "grow" the meat like a vegetable, instead you must harvest it. Leafy Meat seems to be a solution to plant-based mob drops instead of either normal meat or monster meat, so it would only be natural that a vegetarian would not want to eat something you have to kill another creature to obtain.
  • Like 3

ArubaroBeefalo    3051
3 hours ago, Bird Up said:

dog I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't eat something called meaty leaves. Leafy meat name however is a lot like veggie burger or vegan meat. Fake meat in real life is also called things like beyond meat, plant meat. None of which are meat.

Vegans eating leafy meat is hipocresy. Poor grass gekkos

• Like 4

Nickolai    1231
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Vegans eating leafy meat is hipocresy. Poor grass gekkos

Shhhhhh.. The constant doesnt care about the well being of anyones choices, yes you may be vegan but you cant fully excape the guilt of killing something unlike in real life. Its the constants way of saying that everyone will suffer equally.

Edited by Nickolai

Bellium    139
5 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Therefore, Leafy Meat requires hunting whereas normal vegetables require farming.

5 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

so it would only be natural that a vegetarian would not want to eat something you have to kill another creature to obtain.

Meanwhile.... 

Butterflies: Exist

Wigfrid: "This is no warriors food!"

Wurt: "*Munching noises*"

Edit: this isn't meant to be a point against you btw it's just me poking fun at the game

Edited by Bellium
  • Haha 4

Considering she’s so violent towards pigs, you’d think she’d at least be able to stomach vegetarian meat substitutes. She’s definitely not vegan because she’ll kill and eat butterflies. I really think this should be reconsidered. 

Edited by Kelloggs Dogfry

Hornete    4104
16 minutes ago, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

She’s definitely not vegan because she’ll kill and eat butterflies. I really think this should be reconsidered. 

Butterflies are literally flying flowers however, Maxwells quote confirms this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Butterflies are literally flying flowers however, Maxwells quote confirms this.

Yeah that makes it kind of a gray area but it’s still like a living creature, which I think a vegan would just straight up avoid. So being a vegetarian you’d think Wurt would be ok with leafy meat being like the closest thing to going past her line. Idk I think I just really want her to have more reasons to use a crockpot lol.

Edited by Kelloggs Dogfry
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mike23Ua    5806

Yeah but then you have some of the character quotes confirming that certain Leafy Meat recipes contain no Meat- Such as Wilson referring to it as a Vegetarian burger.

Meatless burgers do exist.. So Wurt should have SOME leafy dishes she can eat (as long as they don’t contain actual meats)

• Like 2