Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Beta Update: Troubled Waters

minespatch    86735
13 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

The new shark looks so badass!I like him!

dst's artistic style always fascinates me.;)

Imagine if someone mods the robot shark from James and the Giant Peach with the mechanics of the new shark?

• Like 3

Pikapikap    1498
7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Imagine if someone mods the robot shark from James and the Giant Peach with the mechanics of the new shark?

Haha:D

• Like 1

PasssionFish    2094

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think the new sharks are the only thing (Aside from characters and Lucy the axe) that has an instrument sound.

Birds-bird sounds  Catcoons-cat sounds Mandrakes-*SCREAMING* ect ect.

Spoiler

Although this is probably just a coincidence/because they wanted to make it do the classic shark ba bum baaaa buuuum babumbabum.

Think about it.

Edited by TheHollowKnight
  • Like 3

Chiri    6

idk if there's any of the developer will see this post, but I am going to ask if this is a typo or something intended.

This is a screenshot from the new ocean horror's script:

image.png.419eb4d7791ee2cf9e39fcfd3ad8632c.png

which it currently has 300 hp.

This is ocean horror's data sets according to the tuning.lua:

image.png.dcaf591fdae639717132d4f4b3abd431.png

which it should has 400 hp

Is it a typo or it's for testing purposes?

wigfrids hat    5198

ooof, i love that the meatloaf is in aspic(does this mean it has a long shelf-life like real aspics? that would be brilliant!) but i haven't even played with the sailing mechanics in the stable release yet ;___;

• Like 1

Charesque    728
5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Same reason you'd use the mast upgrades over a firepit and a lightning rod: it takes up almost 0 space.

Also, deck illuminator upgrade can't be put out like firepits by those damned spittlefish.

• Like 1

Ressayez    1773
8 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Any reason I'd use a water pump over a flingomatic?

Space and have you ever tried to use a flingo while sailing? It’s terrible. If your boat is in motion it will miss.

Dr0Shadow    23

I don't know about you guys but in my experience this Wavey Jones is pretty annoying. He appears every night regardless of weather there's a fire or not, it's a pain to get rid of him, and even if you get rid of him he just spawns back instantly in another spot. As for his actions... the messing with the navigation stuff I think is decent, since those aren't necessarily instant death, but the tearing open of boat patches (unsure if he actually makes new holes, but I think he has done it once) basically screws you over if you run out of patches (which in my experience is very common, I just build a few and try not to get into anything too destructive).  If he's supposed to be the water equivalent of those hands then I think he should be just as easy to get rid of and less of a death sentence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

minespatch    86735
1 minute ago, Dr0Shadow said:

He appears every night regardless of weather there's a fire or not, it's a pain to get rid of him, and even if you get rid of him he just spawns back instantly in another spot.

Might be a bug, you might want to report.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    10083

Yo, it’s 4:35am I should be in bed but I gotta ask- With an update called Troubled Waters, some new hostile ocean mobs.. and a Thing called Wavey Jones, which is a cute spin off the pirate term Davey Jones Locker.. What are the odds that we will get some pirate themed skins or belongings or playable characters with this update?

The TL:DR- Walani and Woodlegs Please <3 (or Maybe just Walani..)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1