Whisperlisc    3967

I think it could be a fun adventure for some time, but then it would get boring and meaningless when stuck there forever without any objective besides survival.

• Like 4

Brubs    861
11 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

The Constant is a literal purgatory. Like, you’re stuck there for literally forever. There is no escape.

My question tries to avoid this. Provided the option of escaping real quick, would you do so? Would you try to take advantage of the different features of this new world? 

As i said, my question its not gamewise literal, but more of personal

• Like 1

Pinegrove    167

I do really like the thrill of finding yourself in a curious new world full of dangers but also adventure, having to stick together with your fellow survivors out of necessity but also getting to know many different people (and creatures) and being able to form deep friendships with them. I do also agree though that trying to stay alive everyday forever would be incredibly stressful and so would not be able to see your family and friends in the real world ever again. 

4 minutes ago, Brubs said:

Provided the option of escaping real quick, would you do so? Would you try to take advantage of the different features of this new world? 

If that is the case, I would definitely love to spend some time exploring the constant and its many curiosities! It seems like a great way to escape from the real world and its problems even for a little bit and it might even offer a change of perspective. 

• Like 4

Jurnee    24

The idea of dying gives me anxiety and i never considered myself brave so i guess i would try to get out asap. If in the meantime i get to know other people and make friends whatsoever, that would be great but yes, i would escape real quick.

Edited by Jurnee
  • Like 2

mafmafworld    42

I think the only one who would ever want to stay in the Constant is the ones born in the Constant (Wortox, Wurt, Wilba, Wormwood), Wagstaff (and just because the constant provides a lot of dark magic and unknown resources for the real world) and maybe Willow. Everyone else kinda wants to leave, they have families or...just dont want to die for eternity i guess. So my answer is no, i wouldn't want to stay just because i dont want to die over and over again.

Edited by mafmafworld
  • Like 2

Pinegrove    167
2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Well it all obviously depends if Constant would behave like it does in-game or if it'd be realistic.

This is a great point! I do believe, though, that in this context the constant would behave the way it does in-game - in a quite unrealistic, fantastic, supernatural, absolute nonsense fashion that is tailored to best fit gameplay. I suppose the person who enters would be the one to adapt to this new state of reality.

• Like 4

Lucenix    230

It would really depend on what your background is... We can see why Willow would find the Constant as a new beginning but for most of us it would be H E L L 

Unless we really, really... really deserved it... or we were mad enough that we wanted to control the Constant... Who knows

• Like 3

Owlrus98    2037
6 hours ago, Brubs said:

Also considering the impossibilty to age sounds really tempting for those who might be rather old

Wasn't it confirmed by Wagstaff that it isn't the characters aging slowly, it's actually the constant that goes really fast through its own time?

Wagstaff: (Dusk) - "A conspicuously rapid sunset! Time must flow strangely here."

Creatures age through their lifespans at an expedited rate while the survivors haven't changed at all. On top of the environment changing in ways that would normally take many years to do in real life (like the stages of growth for a tree, the length of seasons, the amount of time in a single day and whatnot) the Constant seems to be in an entire other spectrum when it comes to aging entirely, but the survivors always seem to age at the normal rate they did when they were outside of the Constant.

But to get back on topic, the only thing that would be on my mind would be to see my family again and beg that nothing happened to them while I was gone. I cannot verify at any moment that, at my return, time advanced 50 years or more like what happened to Captain America; it's one of the only things that would keep me going in the wilderness with strangers that, frankly, don't compare to my family.

Edited by Owlrus98
  • Like 1

CaptainChaotica    5223

Well, if it's realistic and we DO have to worry about the physical problems that we do have to worry about in real life, but not in the game...

Put it this way:  I would miss a comfortable bed and INDOOR PLUMBING _so_ much.  : P

Also I already have anxiety, and...oh gods.  Here's a thought.  Who here is on medication they have to take every day or else?

(raises hand)

Yep, wouldn't have THAT anymore either!

Also if my glasses broke I wouldn't be able to get new ones, and...yeah I think a lot of it depends on how healthy and/or happy you are to begin with.  Less things wrong = less things you need that the Constant wouldn't be able to provide.

...Notorious

• Like 2

thegreatJash    307
On 6/30/2020 at 10:34 AM, ShyRo-Zyerenzy said:

You are trading freedom for endless torment. It sounds fun for us players , but i think getting rid of death removes the value of life. Obviously others will find it attractive but its just my approach on it.

True. If there is no death, then the value of life is no more. You think about the things you want to do before you die, take the death away, and you suddenly have no will to do anything because you will never die. If there is life, there is death. Thats the balance. There is no removing the two, and if there is no death, the spirit of miracle of life is corrupt.

• Like 2

minespatch    73267

With the way the world is, the Constant is slowly turning to look better. Especially if all you have to worry about is wildlife.