Sign in to follow this  
Banimikyu

Suggested Content, Ocean Creatures that Bite MUCH harder back!

Banimikyu    10

NOTE: The Springback Eel is an example of what Klei could do. If they want to copy paste the Springback Eel to get an idea f how to do it, then they can.

So, the ocean feels empty to many. I felt like making something to spice it up, called the Springback Eel. This is a long, ocean-exclusive giant. During Spring and Autumn, they spend their time in the Salt Biomes of the world, and will eat the giant salt rocks, destroying them. One will be in the world at a time. During Summer and Winter, it swims through the water, trying to find another biome. It is not meant to actually reach this other biome, but instead reach a midpoint. When it reaches that point, it begins making salt crystals, and after 3 days, you can fight them again. If you attempt to fight them during Summer and Winter, they just drop under the waves.

So, how is this creature in combat? It has 3 attacks. It has 6000 health and moves at 3/4 the speed of Deerclops.

First, its behavior. It tries to stay around 1 pitchfork tile away from the edge of the boat. It will not really move as much between 1.5 and 0.5 tiles away. It takes 75 damage from the boat crashing into it. 

Now, attacks.

1) A simple dive. They leap at the boat, and this attack has a slightly shorter reach than Deerclops. When it attacks, it deals 60 damage. When it lands on the boat, it stays for 0.5 seconds, and can be attacked. After being hit, it is stunned for 1.5 seconds, and then leaps off, and floats away from the boat. It does this attack 3 times, before using 2 or 3.

2) A giant leap. They leap onto the boat, causing 1 hole to appear in the boat. This attack deals 120 damage, and you have 5 seconds to move out of the way. You can see if you will be hit by the shadow beneath it. It also deals 30 Durability of damage to your boat.

3) Summoning minions. They make a strange noise, similar to a creaking floorboard, and 1 Kelp Worm appears. Kelp Worms naturally spawn in Salt Biomes as well, in groups of 2 to 9. They do not attack you directly, and will just dive underwater if your boat comes near you, unless you are fighting the Springback Eel, where they have 500 health, and leap onto the boat, trying to smack you with their tail. This tail smack covers a 90 degree angle, that goes half the distance of the Frog's tongue attack. 

When it dies, it's body becomes breaks, and part of it falls underwater. It respawns 20 days after it dies, exactly where it died.

So, that's the fight itself. But, what about it's drops?

3 - 12 Raw Eels.

1 - 9 Kelp

1 - 3 Spring Skin

1 Spring Outfit

So, what does the Spring Skin and Spring Outfit do? The Spring Skin is used to make the Uncoiling Bull, and the Extendable Fist.

The Uncoiling Bull is made from 1 Bull Kelp Stalk, 1 Spring Skin and 17 Bull Kelp at a Alchemy Engine. This weapon has 300 Uses, and when used, it behaves like the Bull Kelp Stalk, but deals 47.5 Damage, and when a foe is hit, foes are knocked away a small distance. It also damages all creatures in a 45 degree cone.

The Extendable Fist is made from 1 Boxing Glove (Found at a 1% Chance in Graves, or a 5% Chance from Swamp Ponds) 2 Spring Skin and 5 Gears, this item has 100 Uses. It is made at an Alchemy Engine. While held, you can equip it with a tool, and attack rocks, trees and more. It will break either the tool or the targeted object, whichever happens first. It can also be used as a weapon, dealing 20 damage if it doesn't have a weapon. If you give it a weapon, then the weapon loses 3 uses, and the Extendable Fist loses 1. The damage of the item is equal to 20 + the Weapon damage, divided by 2.  

The Spring suit is a body armour piece that has 2 durability, and loses 1 durability when you are attacked. When you are attacked, all the damage you would take is dealt to the attacker instead. 

So, thats a basic concept for what kinds of things can make the ocean feel a bit better. Critique it however you feel. I know this could go in the submissions section, but I feel like more people see this, as other's could likely create much better designs, including Klei. 

• Like 1

Banimikyu    10
3 hours ago, Rhovious Aran said:

Am I the only one who posts their suggestion in the actual suggestion forum? :(

This is LITERALLY just for the Return of Them Content. I literally explained why it's here and not in the suggestion forum at the bottom. I can just imagine you, sat there, not actually reading posts, just wandering through forums looking for posts that ArE iN tHe WrOnG fOrUm. I get it, you want it in the suggestions forum. This is meant to create ideas FOR the suggestion forum, and it's here because it is to inspire OCEAN content.

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    3014
45 minutes ago, Banimikyu said:

This is LITERALLY just for the Return of Them Content. I literally explained why it's here and not in the suggestion forum at the bottom. I can just imagine you, sat there, not actually reading posts, just wandering through forums looking for posts that ArE iN tHe WrOnG fOrUm. I get it, you want it in the suggestions forum. This is meant to create ideas FOR the suggestion forum, and it's here because it is to inspire OCEAN content.

But is a suggestion or not? If it is you have your answere in rhovious post

Pd. I dont like it

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Mike23Ua    5745

“Ocean content that bites back”
Klei adds Rock Shark, Your Welcome.. 

Next time be careful what you wish for. ;) 
(p.s I personally love it, A survival game should have a few survival elements in it... not just be a peaceful at sea base building fishing simulator.)

• Haha 1

Banimikyu    10
13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

“Ocean content that bites back”
Klei adds Rock Shark, Your Welcome.. 

Next time be careful what you wish for. ;) 
(p.s I personally love it, A survival game should have a few survival elements in it... not just be a peaceful at sea base building fishing simulator.)

Ooh. Ooooooh. Well, we all should have seen that coming. Or heard it, the theme is far to iconic to ignore.