Pinegrove

Who deserves to escape the constant the most?

If you could pick 3 (or more if you struggle) survivors to leave the constant and return to their world, who would they be and why?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. (All characters excluding the new non-human ones and including Charlie)

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX78
    • Ms. Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Walter and Woby
    • Walani
    • Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Woodlegs
    • Charlie
    • Wilbur

gaymime    2701
2 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Funeral home : V )

like a chunk of flint right to the temple. you really hit the mark in just the most awful way x''D

• Thanks 1

RogueGamer12    1757

I picked Charlie, Warly and Walter, reasons why have been already mentioned expect for Walter's parents. They must be extremely worried about their son now suddenly missing.

I don't think Webber is someone who should go out of the constant, pretty sure he'll be still have the body of a spider, doubt he'll last long without being thrown into some lab or killed.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    6515

So if Abigail is Wendy’s identical twin sister, Wouldn’t every time Wendy looks into a mirror she would tragically only see her sisters reflection staring back at her? Im surprised to see so many people are voting for Wendy to leave the Constant.. 

Wish the ones voting for that would explain why they feel that way.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Sad 3

Pinegrove    771
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

So if Abigail is Wendy’s identical twin sister, Wouldn’t every time Wendy looks into a mirror she would tragically only see her sisters reflection staring back at her? Im surprised to see so many people are voting for Wendy to leave the Constant.. 

Indeed, it's quite the tricky situation and it might not be the best choice in the end. Wendy simply can't afford to lose her sister again as the emotional trauma would be far too great, and even if she were to return to her world, she would have to be offered help/sent to therapy immediately (and who knows if it would benefit her in the end).

• Sad 1

noeticmoose    200
13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The way I look at it is that she's a child and needs help confronting and dealing with her grief in a healthy way.  I'd imagine she'd be less inclined to do so if she never has to truly deal with Abigail being gone.

12 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

Indeed, it's quite the tricky situation and it might not be the best choice in the end. Wendy simply can't afford to lose her sister again as the emotional trauma would be far too great, and even if she were to return to her world, she would have to be offered help/sent to therapy immediately (and who knows if it would benefit her in the end).

Difficult to say.  But would remaining in a place where one is constantly confronted with death [not just her own, but also of others around her that she may be fond of, like Webber] be any easier on her already grim outlook?

Granted, this is me playing armchair psychologist for a fictional character, so feel free to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I picked Wendy, Webber and Walter for the same reason as Lumberlocke. Plus I feel like Wendy would make for an amazing gothic horror novelist, imagine her publishing a bestselling novel about the Constant!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the time of constant is completely different from real time, so I don't think any characters will escape.

After all, this is the world of eight minutes is a day.

And I think, if let me to choose some charaters to escape this place, I will not. There is no pollution and no conflict in this world. Our survivors have a chance to rebuild a civilization and finally conquer this world.

Unitl then, they will avoid our mistakes, and restart.

Edited by SilentTwilight

Theukon-dos    2806

Does anyone deserve to leave the constant per se? Sure, They don't exactly deserve to be there in the first place, but as far as we know, The only one who have actively tried to escape are Wilson and (maybe) Maxwell.

SnowdropPax    108

I assume some characters, like Wormwood, Wortox and Wurt, aren't on here because they originally come from the constant.

If that is the case, I have to point out that if Walter somehow managed to escape the constant, Woby wouldn't, or couldn't, come with him as she is also originally from the constant. 

Pedrito    454

I think wormwood should escape. if "them" return at any point they might damage wormwood as he is a part of the "moon"

gaymime    2701

answer; not at all. the characters are edwardian, traveling 'freak' shows were still a thing and she'd be snatched by a predator looking for gains if she lived very long at all

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

minespatch    76055
20 minutes ago, gaymime said:

answer; not at all. the characters are edwardian, traveling 'freak' shows were still a thing and she'd be snatched by a predator looking for gains if she lived very long at all

Though if there was a Don't Starve movie, that'd be a cool plot.

• Like 1

gaymime    2701
4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Though if there was a Don't Starve movie, that'd be a cool plot.

only if she turned into a werepig and ate the lot of 'em!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sub-Maxwell    78

For me, the answers are Warly or Wagstaff, plain and simple.

Warly has the most clear and important motivation for needing to escape to take care of his Mama. The rest of the characters (a) have yet to receive much backstory (Wigfrid, Wickerbottom, Wes), (b) don’t have a great reason to go back (Wendy, WX, Woodie), or (c) may be better off in the Constant than in the real world (Willow, Walter, Webber, Wilbur).

That said, Wagstaff is the choice if we’re going for who has the best chance to let others out of the Constant. I see a lot of people saying Wilson could reverse engineer his gateway, but up until that point he was a seemingly failed scientist who only built the gateway under the guidance of Maxwell. Wagstaff, on the other hand, seems much more accomplished and knowledgeable. I’d bet on him being the one to rescue the survivors.

• Like 3

ArubaroBeefalo    3667
On 7/6/2020 at 6:29 AM, minespatch said:

Question: Would Wilba be safe if she left the Constant?

loncheado_ofertas.jpg

Klei forum:

scrub wicked is old

Also

Warly must scape to take care of an old lady 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Sad 3