JoeW

Licensed Don't Starve Mobile Game (Don't Starve: Newhome)

minespatch    74464
1 hour ago, balloonomancer said:

so I'm... going to assume this isn't canon??

That's what Joe says.

I guess this is the au where all the mod characters go.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 4

QrChuck    282
4 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's what Joe says.

Can't find the post with confirmation. Could you possibly qoute it?

• Like 1

minespatch    74464
9 hours ago, QrChuck said:

Can't find the post with confirmation. Could you possibly qoute it?

:wilson_facepalm:You're right. He didn't. I just checked myself.

• Haha 2

Baguettes    48
17 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 5.55.01 PM.png

What? is that an Ancient Pseudoscience station above ground?... correct me if i'm wrong.

• Like 2

TheHollowKnight    1272
1 hour ago, Baguettes said:

What? is that an Ancient Pseudoscience station above ground?... correct me if i'm wrong.

The floor looks like ruins flooring and im pretty sure you cant pitchfork that (or ive just never tried) there are trees but they could be planted. im not sure. Personally i think its underground because of the flooring but who knows.

minespatch    74464
1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

from twitter, reveals a bit more

I guess pipspooks will also be in the game.

• Haha 2

ArubaroBeefalo    2992
9 hours ago, TheHollowKnight said:

The floor looks like ruins flooring and im pretty sure you cant pitchfork that (or ive just never tried) there are trees but they could be planted. im not sure. Personally i think its underground because of the flooring but who knows.

You can use the ptchfork but the turf dissappears :_

when a thulecite made turf

• Like 1

Weavilemeinfep    109

my two cents is that as long as theres no selling of data, then it will be something that exists,

sure the whole "tencent" thing kinda gave me a frighten or two, but if its done right, then it could be a pretty solid alternative to DST, granted, its for mobile, and things can get a tad bit cluttered with a touch screen, but at best, if theres no extremely scummy mtx or any other scummy practices, and the gameplay is as good as ds mobile, then i will have as many complaints with it as will a mute nun, and at worst...

Well, it will just exist. as long as its not another moba.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sinister_Fang    9295
9 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

The clashing art styles here are really wigging me out. Almost every single critter there looks to be in a different art style. The animations on them also look to be of varying style and quality. It looks like they just hired a bunch of animators fresh out of art school that have little to no experience. Arguably the one with the most "Don't Starve"-esque animation style is the green birchnutter thing...discounting the Kittykit for obvious reasons. :wilson_sneaky:

Reveal hidden contents

And I don't know if I'm just seeing things but it kinda looks like they removed frames from the Kittykit's animation.

Here's the original animation from the game's files:

Nkg3cmz.png

Yeah I think they did remove frames from the animation...but the question is why though? :wilson_curious:

I mean, it is a licensed, mobile game. The goal here is to make a quick buck, not a quality product. Hiring experienced artists/animators is just gonna cut into profits.

(The loss of frames is likely to either use less disk space, and/or to keep the game at a smooth framerate. Trying to keep things as lightweight as possible is usually a good idea when working with mobile.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1