DoMaya    29

It's one thing to smash pig houses to relocate them, if I find a pig house deep in the woods where no one would go I'll break it just to get the early wood, but the ones at PK/village should always be a no-go.
I've been meaning to get into boating more but I imagine that would be kind of a downer to see someone else had gone their first.

• Like 2

Squirrel12    440
17 minutes ago, DoMaya said:

I've been meaning to get into boating more but I imagine that would be kind of a downer to see someone else had gone their first.

I enjoy boating on public servers because it's one of the only real ways you can have your own private base. You don't have to worry about griefing or other players stealing your food.

Having a boat base means that you don't have to be reliant on the main base of the server. You can be independent and self-sufficient by fishing. Plus, the main base tends to fall into chaos once Winter hits, so it's nice to be away from that.

I always invite someone from the main base to come sail with me. Usually, it means teaching them how to fish. It's a nice bonding experience. Here's some picks:

image.thumb.png.c32bfca85ab44444beb0fc4aa3938b17.png

image.thumb.png.224c72222e1e415a713b65df4e51c879.png

image.thumb.png.148dac4e80d315e20f6db7d52be15db5.png

Edited by Squirrel12
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

DoMaya    29
40 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

Your issue has nothing to do with ruin rushes, it has to to with selfish/unconsiderate people. I mean, a guy leaves with a deerclops eyeball straight away, and the problem is he rushed the ruins?

I go to the ruins quite often in the first autumn. However, i don't touch pighouses in pigvillage/pk. I only hammer touchstones and houses in spider forests. Yes i will sometimes dig 20 blue mushrooms because night is so short then, don't think that's a big deal tbh. I never use all loot, i leave gems/thelu and ancient key in the repaired station chest, for the next guy who comes to the ruins. If i have extra yellows i ask if ppl want magi/star.

I'd go as far to say, that on average on a public server, if the ruins don't get explored in autumn they most likely won't ever be, cause the server restarts before reaching summer more often than not, and the average player won't go ruins at all, let alone in winter and spring.

My issue is that I want to do this fun thing, but I never get a chance to do it.
Even if they gave me all the loot, I still want the chance to get it for myself.

BeeClops    363
1 minute ago, DoMaya said:

My issue is that I want to do this fun thing, but I never get a chance to do it.
Even if they gave me all the loot, I still want the chance to get it for myself.

Then rush yourself. What if that's the whole reason those people do it, cause they want to and if they go later it s been done already often enough?

• Like 1

Shosuko    2224
1 hour ago, DoMaya said:

I recommend rushing the ruins if you have never done it before.  Its not difficult.  You can pick WX to make it easier, or Wolfgang if you're familiar with his play style.  Really you could pick almost anyone if you're comfortable fighting shadow creatures.  Get about 10 pig skins, 40 grass, an alchemy engine and some meats, shovel up about 20-30 blue mushrooms and go for it.

Sweaper    687

I only go ruins for a chance to get the lazy explorer or a club in public servers. Pretty cheap on resources and time.

Viktor234    4106
8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

keeping the forest houses anyways is a waste because them eventually will burn because of thunders and wildfires

Keeping anything on surface is a waste because anything eventually will burn because of thunders, wildfires, or red hounds.

But the truth actually is: Keeping anything anywhere is a waste because everything eventually will burn because of griefers or newcomers, especially since Fire can't spread, Lightnings can't hit, Wildfires can't appear, Red Hounds can't die if it's happening offscreen.

• Like 1

reichull    1002

Didn't get a chance to read everything so I don’t know if this has been said already but I’m very against destroying non-renewable resources and being wasteful which, majority of the time rushing anything causes you to do/be. It’s cringe worthy when people dig up mushrooms, destroy mushtrees, smash pig houses/pig head things for helmets, burn grass/saplings for warmth or light, kill the live mandrakes, dig graves, my list could go on. If you don’t really care about the world it’s fine, but if it’s a long term world- ugh. 

Edited by reichull
  • Like 4

ArubaroBeefalo    2933
6 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Keeping anything on surface is a waste because anything eventually will burn because of thunders, wildfires, or red hounds.

But the truth actually is: Keeping anything anywhere is a waste because everything eventually will burn because of griefers or newcomers, especially since Fire can't spread, Lightnings can't hit, Wildfires can't appear, Red Hounds can't die if it's happening offscreen.

what i mean is that is a good idea to relocate pig houses in forest to a place with some safety (lighting rod, iceflingomatic, etc) there is no need to make an autofarm or destroying village but random houses are not a big loose because of how dense are the forest and how easy can spread fire if someone is walking arround

but ok

ArubaroBeefalo    2933
14 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Wait I thought mushtrees regrow just like the trees above as long as they're in the mushy biomes

i dont know if new mushtrees regrow but i can confirm that the chopped ones do if you dont shovel them (like regular mushrooms)

Viktor234    4106
11 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont know if new mushtrees regrow but i can confirm that the chopped ones do if you dont shovel them (like regular mushrooms)

A chopped Mushtree behaves just like any other tree in the world: If you don't shovel the stump of a Mushtree, then the stump will do nothing but despawn in 15-45 days, leaving nothing behind.

@CameoAppearance and everyone else who still keeps reacting confused:

Edited by Viktor234
  • Thanks 1

Blue Moth    1637

just wait until wolfgang and wigfrid have killed the fuelweaver (which is kinda inevitable) and the ruins will reset and everything will be back the way it was so you can visit them yourself.

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    2933
18 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

A chopped Mushtree behaves just like any other tree in the world: If you don't shovel the stump of a Mushtree, then the stump will do nothing but despawn in 15-45 days, leaving nothing behind.

in my experience they regrow since i was choping the same green mushroom every summer in my cave base

edit: im wating the code that says im wrong

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

Brubs    1931

I agree up to a certain point.

If there's a bunch of people playing at the same time (say +7) rushing the ruins can be beneficial because survivors can have access to really strong gear early game while others can focus on gathering resources and setting up a base.

But if there are only a few people playing (around 4) then it may not be useful at all, because odds are winter will arrive and the base will not be completely prepared for the first challenge (specially if there are not very experimented players in the party).

• Like 3