Squirrel12

Please give Walter further range on his slingshot.

Owlrus    3140
2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

it's true potential

I personally wouldn't mind if some of his ammunition (not all. especially not the damaging ones) at least worked in AoE; this would give more versatility in my opinion. Who has the time to shoot an entire horde of Bunnymen with the poop pellets one at a time? If such an effect were AoE you could simply blast one and multiple creatures would lose aggro all at once (also applies to slow-down rounds as it would help to slow down large hordes of enemies that will re-aggro quickly like spiders).

• Like 4

Squirrel12    513
3 hours ago, Minitte said:

Sounds like a good idea for a quick tweak mod to see how much it would change gameplay. :)

Even better if it was in the game.

• Like 3

ArubaroBeefalo    3641

Maybe for a specific pellet but not for all. Atm he has a balanced range

Shoting from futher will result in a easy and slow fights. I want to be feel that i can be hit not like happen with darts...

• Like 2

Twizz01    17
1 hour ago, Frodeur said:

DST was not made with a controler in mind . Just deal with it

Arrogant and unproductive.  Console players help this game/community grow.  Because of them YOU get more updates and the life of the game is expanded.  They play the same role in the future of the game as you do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

This would be a little tweak that would make a huge difference. It is annoying. The fact that you can only hit Deerclops twice before you have to move away is tedious and sorta defeats the whole purpose. Buff it by a tiny bit would be enough to make me happy.

Yes, I am tired of a certain someone that complains constantly about those differences. There is nothing we can do except maybe ask Klei, and if it really is that bad, then it sounds better if you just don't play the game at all.

I am as well.

Mike23Ua    6487

You guys are being biased.. I only ask you to play with a controller for about a week, then come back here and legitimately tell me you still feel the same way.  

• Like 1

Well-met    3057

manual aiming would involve in alot of pointless clicking, alot of misses and much less reliable DPS. And after 2 weeks no one would wanna do it again because their finger hurts.

holding F slingshot is perfectly fine. Just increase a tiny bit of range?

• Like 2

Brago-sama    1578
Spoiler
59 minutes ago, Frodeur said:

I once tried to do a klaus fight with a controler , and Oh boi .... that fight went soooooo bad .
As I said, i TRUELY respect console player , this is not some irony or joke. 
Building with a controler is a nightmare , building without geometric is a nigthmare. 
I may sound cocky but I really feel bad for the poor control without a mouse/keybord.

Having just solo killed Klaus on a random ps4 server with Maxwell for funsies, this comment makes me feel (´・ω・`)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Minitte    123

I tried changing the range with a mod. With a few extra tiles of range It seems to miss a lot more if the target isn't standing still. Maybe having the range at 2 tiles or 8 units (default) is the most reliable for hitting them?

Edited by Minitte
FeelsEnglishMan
  • Like 1

Frodeur    154
55 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Having just solo killed Klaus on a random ps4 server with Maxwell for funsies, this comment makes me feel (´・ω・`)

Having just solo killed klaus with one hand on my not so random world with wolfgang for funsies, your comment make me feel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit for clarification and to give less egoboost to some people I never owned a console in my life, never played DST with a controler BTW . I just plugged in a controler and did a figth for some fellow viewer that played on PS and were complaining about the targeting and the " reverse hit " that can happen 

Edited by Frodeur
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    6487

... the differences of how the game plays on PC & Console is NOT why I choose to ping the Dev’s- I pinged them to point out that if they decided to add Wheeler to the game that she wouldn’t be as absurdly broken and OP as You all made her out to be.

To Clarify that for you: 5 Pebbles or pieces of gold for Walter can be turned into 50 rounds of Ammo for his Slingshot.

5 Pebbles for Wheeler is still just 5 rounds of Ammo And the Item she fires is destroyed upon use.

Which turns Wheelers Pewmatic into a silly Novelty item at this point.

Edited by Mike23Ua

1bubbainpa    2670
On 6/21/2020 at 1:08 PM, Squirrel12 said:

So my number one problem with Walter, is that the range of his slingshot is really limited. It works like any other ranged weapon: you click at something and Walter has to run to get close to it and then he shoots.

I was hoping that Walter's slingshot would be truly ranged and you could shoot things without having to move close to them (like Wortox's teleporting, where you can just click anywhere on the screen). I was really disappointed to see that Walter has to get right up close to the enemy to use his slingshot. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

It's really annoying especially in boats. I was hoping Walter would be a good sailing character,thinking that his slingshot would be really useful to hunt puffins and aquatic mobs while sailing, but no, it's really bothersome to use. Getting the boat close enough to mobs so that Walter can shoot defeats the purpose.

In an attempt to get this thread back on track...

I don’t mind Walter’s range, but a problem I have with him is that when I’m autoattacking on him, he will run towards the enemy after firing one shot before resetting his position. It messes up my kiting especially when I’m fighting a swarm enemy like hounds or spiders.

Not sure if Klei could realistically fix this as it seems more of a lag/ping issue, but that’s my only issue with him.

• Like 1

bitcrushed_rage    1236
11 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Who has the time to shoot an entire horde of Bunnymen with the poop pellets one at a time? If such an effect were AoE you could simply blast one and multiple creatures would lose aggro all at once

This would be cool, but I also think the concept of being able to pick off members of a crowd you don't want so you can take down a target individually is really neat. It just... doesn't work.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    6487
Spoiler

LoL man I love it how folks are like: Buy a PC or go play a different game, showing little to no Actual concern for the console player fanbase. This is In actuality HEAVILY Important before Klei’s dreams of making the game Cross-Platform compatible can EVER even be considered..

I do not care that you can point in any direction with your mouse and teleport.. what I care about is exactly how FAR You are ALLOWED to Teleport..... or Cast out a Fishing Rod... or Fire Walters Slingshot.

There is no excuse in the world why PC should not be bound to the same restrictions & limitations in that as Console otherwise If this game ever receives that Crossplay- PC Players will obviously always have a large advantage over the Console players.

Look.. Were all playing the same game.. a Game Klei has heavily hinted towards wanting to become cross-platform compatible.

Make all the confused reacts or Reply with all the (mostly inconsiderate to others not playing on the same platform as you) remarks that you want.. but you guys know that deep down I’m bringing up some pretty legitimate points.

The TL:DR of my spoiler- There would need to be some serious balancing optimizations before Crossplay between PC/Console could ever be a thing.

Edited by Mike23Ua