Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Lumina

First Feedbacks after some days of playing (~30 hours)

Lumina    2153

Hi !

Here are my first feedbacks. I got the game the 15 of June. At this point i finished Sal's story 3 times (with some failures) and Rook's once (just today, finally managed to finish it). I am not familiar with the genre of the game, which will impact my feedbacks. I have also not unlocked all the options (cards mostly) yet, so some suggestions may be already in the game somehow.

First, since english isn't my first language and since i'm not familiar with the genre, i was a bit confused by some effects and meaning. Tutorial was helpful but a bit limited. I was mostly confused by effects happening when "you discard a card" since cards discarded at the end of the turn weren't triggered. A tutorial explaining such things, special effects triggering and all would be great. I am pretty sure i'm not the only player that isn't familiar with card games and that would benefit for such a thing.

Second, i really like the option to restart at the beginning of the day, it's very useful for players like me who are discovering the game and make mistake. It is really great to get another chance and see what you can do better.

However, prestige level informations are a bit confusing.

prestige.png.db678048919de3331567aa30d3ae8a5c.png

It would be more clear to say something like "Eeach level includes the modifiers from all previous levels except lvl 0", or whatever wording would be better, so players will not think that this bonus is inherited. I totally understand why you don't keep it (it's a good bonus to start the game, not for later), but it's at the moment a bit confusing.

On other points :

- In my games i sometimes got cards a bit difficult to use at their full potential. Mostly, in rook's story, i got options to use cards that will have effect if the enemy has composure. But composure is a bit unreliable (some enemies will gain a bit of it, some will gain it reliably and some will not gain it). A card allowing you a better control on enemy composure would be great (maybe a card making you and the enemy both gain composure). So if you have cards allowing you to steal composure, you can plan something to use them. It's possible that such a card already exists (as i said, i didn't unlock all cards).

In the same idea, a card dealing bonus damage if the enemy has composure may be interesting.

- I encountered pets that are helpful in combat, and if you train them, will help you in negocation. Does the contrary exists ? It would be cool to have a pet that will help you in negocation but not in battle, but, if trained, will support you in battle ?

- reward like "remove a card from your deck" are probably really useful for some players, but as a begginer, it's hard to know what is a good use on it, making it a bit of a "no reward" quest for me. I don't know how this could improve, except maybe by giving tips on "deck managing" so players like me will see the use of it more easily ? I try to not do everything at once with one deck but still know there are room for improvement, it's just a bit hard to know where.

- I feel that the repetitiveness of the game is a bit amplified by my tendancy to prefer some kinds of choice, i don't know how it could be solved. Maybe a mutator giving you random friendship with one "faction" ? If i have friendship with some people i may prefer to side with them rather than having to kill them, and so will try new things.

- Maybe a mutator option for more ambush/event could be cool and both beneficial (more xp/reward) and detrimental (danger/risk of losing health/resolve) ?

- I like graft, but feel i often encounter the same ones. And it's a bit frustrating when you got some you have no hope to upgrade because there isn't enough day left. An event giving you the opportunity to get some progress on a graft (random, chosen ?) could be cool. Or a limited (paying option), or both. Not an entire level of course, but one bar can be precious when it's the one you need before going into the real danger !

- Black market in Rook's mission feels a bit empty. Another seller may help filling it a bit.

About Rook's story

Spoiler

- I don't know what to think about the parasites in Rook's story. The idea is interesting but i feel that they lack a bit of something. Maybe stuff like option to make them grow faster with quests or at the contrary stoping their grow if they reach a point you like ? So you have a bit more choice to interact with them.

Spoiler

- I wish there would be some options to learn more about some parts of Rook's story. The mystery is a bit too solid, some clues would be welcome !