minespatch    74465
1 minute ago, Gabu Gabu said:

1.thumb.png.cc404efcbdb24d6935934543a49f865c.png

4.thumb.png.4574c4370fad051b5f3858b329e7848e.png

I like that pose! The angle is very dynamic.

1. @GiddyGuy
  2. Nice work. Though I hope you avoid lined paper in the future. The drawing is really nicer though!

GiddyGuy    7664

yes, yes the wickers are gorgeous minespatch. so are the willows

and I hope we get the young Wicker skin as well, it's so good.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/558161237616099348.png?v=1

Edited by GiddyGuy
pog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    74465
11 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I hope we get the young Wicker skin as well, it's so good.

Would love a "fountain of youth" collection. Imagine what stories they could tell.

• Like 2

Whisperlisc    4087
58 minutes ago, Gabu Gabu said:

Thank you both very much!

All of the pictures with lined paper are a couple months old, I just wanted to post my evolution of drawing these characters before I post more recent stuff.

2014953893_thekids.thumb.png.3161b3b6032b451f83f760ce167c8a1f.png

Like I want to explain the wacky roadtrip that has been figuring out how to draw Webber but this is where I'm at right now.

Looks really nice, I'm still figuring out how I want to draw him.

• Like 2

gaymime    1365

i'm glad she isn't young like all the other gals in videogames. it makes her feel more personable and alive(also she is already brilliant as-is). for sure though you capture what i like about her pretty well ^^

Gabu Gabu    249
17 hours ago, minespatch said:

What inspired you to do that relaxed pose with Wendy?

Are you referring to Wendy or Abigail? The top one is Wendy and I was trying to go for a contemplative look as I think she would spend a lot of time overthinking things. The bottom is Abigail floating, and she was supposed to be next to a Wendy but I changed my mind on that and just left it as is.

10 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Wickerbottom looks really good in your style!

Thank you!

8 hours ago, gaymime said:

i'm glad she isn't young like all the other gals in videogames. it makes her feel more personable and alive(also she is already brilliant as-is). for sure though you capture what i like about her pretty well ^^

It could always be more diverse, but I really like how different all the DS ladies are from each other. Really I just want the young skin because it has that ~ lore potential ~.

• Like 1

gaymime    1365

oh my stars, look at those stars, hahaha! he looks like he is taking some serious pride in not burning the meatballs this time

i could imagine a fair few people like him for the memes X''D he is second only to poor unfortunate wilson for most memeable boi™

i'd offer advice on legs but i am not exactly all that great at them either, hahahaha, at least your faces are good enough that you can pull off busts without a hitch?

Gabu Gabu    249

Oh yeah, busts are my strong suit. It's just I spent so much time perfecting the bust that I forgot that there is more to the body underneath. I just need to even out my priorities instead of focusing on one thing.

Blue Moth    1697
6 hours ago, Gabu Gabu said:

Expect Wig time later.

yeess i look forward to this wig is my favorite character and i cant wait to see your interpretation

gaymime    1365

i've always seen it as a corseted vest but i've looked at her sprite sheet so maybe i am a little biased?

Spoiler

76786.png?updated=1460968575

also it is mentioned officially that she lost her original self a long time ago so your interpretation is right on the money as far as i see it ^^

of the lot though i like the vestless one best, the details of the scars, the underarm hair and the stress lines in her stomach from the lack of reserve fat really do express that she is not living an easy life and has been here for a while, of course they are all pretty nice ^^ the rosette in particular make me think of the new she-ra cartoon

• Like 1

Gabu Gabu    249

Had more to say then I thought I did so Charlie and Winona are getting separate posts.

I really wanted to go full butch with Winona but I hesitated for the longest time because she had to look like her sister. So earlier drawings looked to young, this is the only one I don't... not like.

Winona1.thumb.png.72e4345dfbc7ad68d841e556519c9f21.png

Also that hair and bandana are obnoxious to draw. While I don't care much for Winona in general, some of her skins-

Winona2.thumb.png.efde9347301e12fb3f605ac1582b1cd9.png

Woof.

She doesn't look anything like Charlie in game anyways but I still made sure they shared diamond-shaped eyes and Win looks older with eye bags.

Now I've spiced things up with a little butch flavoring. Just a little.

Winona3.thumb.png.03d5ea77ff23ee83f88f7ea4e8df6814.png

Winona4.thumb.png.099c269c9d88d1e0b97a026abafc5320.png

If that ain't a big sister I don't know what is.

Bonus Genny! Remember Genny?

genny.thumb.png.5cf9309500297f1c6b5345d180a60fca.png

Haha, classic Genny.

• Like 4