ElNogal    22

I loved your new ideas, and forever wondered why did we have a Pistols tab if you can only increase/decrease the chambers. I really hope Klei comes up in a few upates with some new pistols for Rook, because I do think it's an unexplored part of the game that definitely should come to happen.

• Like 3

TheOwl    113

I think the Pistols tab is there so new players can find ALL of the info on how the pistols work. I do like the idea of being able to get different pistols though, that could add even more variety to Rook runs.(although it would probably be a pain to balance).

• Like 2

i had thought of something related to this, namely when they first introduced the gunsmith event.

Mass shotgun: (ripped from gungeon) 1 charge chamber, but usage of charge for damage deals x amount more damage

Explosive pistols: Namely one that i thought would use the overcharge limit. it would be a stock upgrade to the basics except for a limit, and when it surpassed the limit it would explode due to over pressure. i don't know how it's supposed to work exactly, either they blow up in rook's face, losing all overcharge, OR (something that gets a tad bit more risky), rook throws the guns, dealing damage to enemies, but can no longer use guns until he either buys/finds new ones. the thought i had with that would be he could either a) no longer use gun attacks, i.e. basically every card with a gun in it, or b) no longer can gain charge/spend charge/get overcharge/get defense for empty cells, effectively screwing you for the rest of the fight and making you need to keep close attention to your guns and their overcharge.

RageLeague    591

This seems like a modders job, then.

Unfortunately, with the current way of condition set up, it's hard to make custom effects for pistols, because the effects of the pistols are tied to the condition "lumin_tracker", and is not tied to the pistol graft. The pistol graft only defines the name, charge chambers, and overcharge limits.

Edited by RageLeague
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1