Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] New Patch In Testing! - 417040

Angpaur    328
11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Sweepy's Dock is now overheatable

Well, now I will have no use for it. Another building to list of never used ones. Ore scrubber will have now even more company ;-)

• Like 1

SkunkMaster    230

It gets better. The current patch also messes up incubators in the sense that dupes will go and pick up the finished critter, but then just proceed to drop it straight on the ground, instead of moving it to a stable... :D

not to talk about the strange eggs that only show up on certain overlays :D 20200619093442_1.thumb.jpg.94588b11e3ea77198450a06ac7e87c32.jpg20200619093440_1.thumb.jpg.a4df9a8dcb079def425e0f04430a011f.jpg

stoeberhai    81
On 6/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Sweepy's Dock is now overheatable

deconstructing a broken dock crashes the game

• Thanks 1

mathmanican    3130

Here is a minor bug that could be fixed really quickly with one change of a single number in the code. 

This could explain why @OxCD had such a rough time getting solid methane to melt in window tiles, and then when it did the tile completely disappeared... (which was really odd).  I've only ever seen methane do this, and I wonder if it has to do with the fact that solid methane cannot liquefy, it goes straight to gas..

• Like 1

mathmanican    3130
3 hours ago, SamLogan said:

still make instant heat exchange

Did the total energy stay the same, or was the temp reset?  I haven't yet changed to beta to test, but will probably do so today. They didn't remove partial phasing, rather they adjusted the equations to balance energy (hopefully).  The mechanic should still occur and give the intended effects, without allowing massive exploits from temperature resetting.

• Like 1

mathmanican    3130

I just updated, opened a game, and built one of the key examples, the prototype to the doomsday freezer.

image.png.87fa52ca7f6d16718fba150dfe836424.png

It still works just fine.  So partial melting a solid has not been updated to preserve energy.  We'll still be able to freeze the entire asteroid with zero power. 

I tried a few others. 

image.png.676b26e3b82ea8d1d34935f8139bdbd1.png

This one is much slower, and heat is being extracted from the water on the right this time. My initial thoughts are that partial evaporation (liquid flaking) has definitely been changed in the code, but I'm not sure if it is energy balanced.

image.png.2b44ed7fd79d5e2ad7b469fe5aaedead.png

The regolith melter still works perfectly, with basically zero heat loss from the heat source. 

Conclusion:  They have updated the partial evaporation code some (not convinced it is energy balanced yet).  Partial melting is still completely broken. Tungsten flaking will be nerfed with the loss of our friend the ice machine, but regolith can be converted to magma very easily.

Edited by mathmanican
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OxCD    674
49 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Tungsten flaking will be nerfed with the loss of our friend the ice machine

If it's only the "melting steel" part that is questionned, the Kiln can be built with steel and still doesn't have any overheating temp. 

You just need 2 of them for same steel amount than ice machine (200kg instead of 400kg). And you'll have refined carbon for the next century ^^ but it's doable.

Edited by OxCD
  • Haha 1

bobe17    35

Even better: build hottub made of steel. Even disabled, this build keeps heating (fill it with water or bleach stone just once)

• Like 2

kbn    229

It is also effective to melt Aquatuner instead of an Ice Maker.
It overheats, but you can quickly get 1200kg of liquid steel before it completely fails.

1.gif.040bb018dd2c5827b541c3ce40e0d94e.gif

Flaking may continue to be adjusted, but in any case, I expect ONI experts to unravel the equation.

• Like 1

zerstrick    5

Hi I found some string that need to be check it, "Underway" "Cycles" and the yellow one is too yellow and is barely visible to read so, please would  you fix it ?

error 1.jpg

error2.jpg

error3.jpg

error3-1.jpg

Edited by zerstrick
  • Like 1

Ipsquiggle    6239
On 6/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, stoeberhai said:

deconstructing a broken dock crashes the game

I wasn't able to make this crash. Would you mind checking if it happens again, and if so uploading your save and log to a bug report? Thanks!

• Thanks 3

stoeberhai    81
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I wasn't able to make this crash. Would you mind checking if it happens again, and if so uploading your save and log to a bug report? Thanks!

I already repaired the dock long ago but i was able to reproduce it on a test-world. Sweepy has to be in the state when it knocks on the dock constantly; battery empty so to say. A bug report has been submitted.

• Thanks 1

MinhPham    3

Does rockets destroying bunker doors completely is intended ?

Edited by MinhPham
bad english

MarcinW    39
6 hours ago, MinhPham said:

Does rockets destroying bunker doors completely is intended ?

Yeah. I like this, because steel is precious at start and it force you to make automation for open/close bunker doors and sync with meteor shower detection :) You just have to pay attention if you operate them by hand. 

Edited by MarcinW

MinhPham    3
1 hour ago, MarcinW said:

Yeah. I like this, because steel is precious at start and it force you to make automation for open/close bunker doors and sync with meteor shower detection :) You just have to pay attention if you operate them by hand. 

I still don't understand ... rockets won't take off if the doors are closed, of course you need "automation" to open/close doors. If the rockets land while the doors are closed, in previous versions they just get "destroyed" status which is required to repair, now the doors are destroyed completely, literally, they are gone and you had to rebuild instead of repair. These are quite difference as the repair can handle automatically by dupes, while rebuild requires you to do it yourself.

• Thanks 1

Rainbowdesign    182
On 6/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

let us know if there are any pressing issues we've missed

@Ipsquiggle

I can name some:

Mass deletion,

Heat Deletion which has a big discussion in the forum.

AI issues: Dupes carry only insignificant amounts, they try to refill polluted dirt to the Pokeshell feeder when it evaporates so they refill 5 milligrams and run from the one side of the colony to the other. And generally they carry stuff around the colony completely unnecessarily, as example the constructions supply should be improved to have an option to take the nearest material i wrote something to that in the modforum.

AI issues: Dupes still might end up on the false side of a wall they build.

Edited by Rainbowdesign