Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Superwolfkid

How do you guys feel about Wilton?

Superwolfkid    1207

Hello fellow friends of the constant! I honestly came here to ask about Any feelings towards  the unimplemented characters Wilton?

2074835525_Wilton_In-Game(2).png.7299c4315a45244af96dd374627ae799.png

I've been working on ideas for a while to maybe introduce him into Don't starve Together, cause I don't know I feel like there's alot of ideas that could work with Wilton including him being a past survivor of the constant possibly bringing alot of lore to the table! Like who originally built the grave yard, were these people together, What caused them all to just Die out?

Pikapikap    773

I think he has been abandoned to join the official version of dst.There is also a witch I remember she should be abandoned too?I was very interested in him before. the steam workshop seems to have this character mod XD.

Scrimbles    3338

As a Skeleton alone, I think Wilton is pretty boring.

I feel like I've heard something about Woodleg's at one point being designed to transform into Wilton? But I haven't been able to find any proof of this, just hearsay.

My dream is that Walani gets ported over to DST, and they reuse that concept, kinda like that curse from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, where at night you turn into a skeleton/undead thing, maybe have some interactions with the moon island too, would be perfect for Walani considering she would presumably have a surfboard for easy access between the islands.

Would be very fitting for all the Return of Them content being added.

Mike23Ua    6551

Wilton was going to be some version of Woodlegs, probably some sort of Pirates curse.. Just being a full playable skeleton would be boring, your already dead so the whole point of the game franchise name “Don’t Starve” no longer applies to You.

As for the idea of turning Walani into a undead zombie pirate, heavy no from me.. Warly wasn’t transmutated into some two-face looking Half-Man Half-Rock Lobster reject from hell when he was ported over into DST.. why should Chill surfer gal Walani? 

minespatch    76139
29 minutes ago, Pixil said:

Ah, yes, the Minespatch mains.

Anyone who can help me with my mod can make this probable.:wilson_dorky:

Scrimbles    3338
2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wilton was going to be some version of Woodlegs, probably some sort of Pirates curse.. Just being a full playable skeleton would be boring, your already dead so the whole point of the game franchise name “Don’t Starve” no longer applies to You.

As for the idea of turning Walani into a undead zombie pirate, heavy no from me.. Warly wasn’t transmutated into some two-face looking Half-Man Half-Rock Lobster reject from hell when he was ported over into DST.. why should Chill surfer gal Walani? 

Cause she has some unexplored regret at her past life as a pirate? Also because the moon crashing has effects on people.

Well-met    3077

I absolutely want Wilton in the game. He's the perfect opportunity to replace hunger with a new maintenance mechanic.

ArubaroBeefalo    3713

since wilton, wortox, waverly and wallace were leaked in DS i was checking the wiki page every week to see if something new was annouce. At this point i dont know what to feel when the only one to be released was wortox with a huge change of desing

jpmrocks    188
10 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

As a Skeleton alone, I think Wilton is pretty boring.

I feel like I've heard something about Woodleg's at one point being designed to transform into Wilton? But I haven't been able to find any proof of this, just hearsay.

My dream is that Walani gets ported over to DST, and they reuse that concept, kinda like that curse from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, where at night you turn into a skeleton/undead thing, maybe have some interactions with the moon island too, would be perfect for Walani considering she would presumably have a surfboard for easy access between the islands.

Would be very fitting for all the Return of Them content being added.

I think Woodlegs was at some point going to have the ability to turn into a skeleton (more than likely a reference to the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie), which tells me it was gonna be in the light of the moon.

Superwolfkid    1207
2 hours ago, Well-met said:

I absolutely want Wilton in the game. He's the perfect opportunity to replace hunger with a new maintenance mechanic.

Absolutely! Though it has to be something extremely interesting, since Food is one of the Core mechanics of the game. It would probably have to be something to keep the player interested and on their toes, but it can't be something boring or feel too much like a chore...

Well-met    3077
2 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Absolutely! Though it has to be something extremely interesting, since Food is one of the Core mechanics of the game. It would probably have to be something to keep the player interested and on their toes, but it can't be something boring or feel too much like a chore...

he must quest for the calcium

we must add beefalo and goat milking mechanic

https://imgur.com/gallery/pASXO7h

Mike23Ua    6551
9 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

Cause she has some unexplored regret at her past life as a pirate? Also because the moon crashing has effects on people.

That could happen to ANYONE.. Why pick on my Walani? it makes more sense to turn Wilbur into being able to become one of them gigantic Spider Ape Hybrid things from Hamlet... rather then to turn Walani into a Undead Zombie Pirate Surfer Girl.

Scrimbles    3338
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

That could happen to ANYONE.. Why pick on my Walani? it makes more sense to turn Wilbur into being able to become one of them gigantic Spider Ape Hybrid things from Hamlet... rather then to turn Walani into a Undead Zombie Pirate Surfer Girl.

Walani has very little going for her, the only thing that really matters is that she keeps her surfboard.

Its a complete pipe dream, but the Woodlegs concept sounded interesting, and was only left out because it was difficult to add into the game, and since Woodlegs doesnt make sense to be ported into DST, and a lot of people want Walani, I just figure it would be a good combo, the pirates of the Caribbean reference would work cause Walani is (was) also a pirate.

(Also I just like creepy monster girls, this whole concept is just what I would personally find interesting)

Lumberlocke    1056

Ah, Wilton, one of the legendary unimplemented characters alongside Waverly, Wallace, Winnie, and (temporarily) Wortox.

I would love to see Wilton make a playable appearance one day, but I feel like at the moment, they would need to have something more than just "skeleton". If they were to be added amidst Return of Them, perhaps they could be a boon reanimated by the falling of the moon, taking on a more glowy/moon shard appearance.

Just something to make him/her/it stand out from the rest of the dead ones on the ground.

gaymime    2724

i think his aesthetics are great but i can't see him being a fun character to play with. like, maybe if he was a bone/tooth/flower eater it would be novel at first to find food or if he had access to magical items right away it would be fun to see him run around trashing mobs but that might wear out rather fast too. doesn't help that i could not see him being able to take more than one or two hits before he was rekilled

Zeklo    18280
On 6/17/2020 at 7:49 PM, Ogrecakes said:

It was said on the DST discord.20200621_142416.thumb.jpg.a55dc9b2972c32e2a26a00900846e128.jpg20200621_142403.thumb.jpg.2ea2e5f64969f607951d0170bbcb1afb.jpg

sinisterrkid    995

We do indeed have an insatiable want for new characters, but Wilton is not one I would be excited about... Although a character turning into a skeleton sounds cool, mostly cause I just love characters changing forms in general. Woodlegs or Walani having this would be fun.

To be honest, I would like it even if the skeleton transformation was purely aesthetic, just cause it's hard to imagine interesting skeleton mechanics. Okay, maybe not purely aesthetic, but it could be as simple as having reduced damage, or not being able to equip wearables when in skeleton form.