Moonatik

No access to the world settings since the update

Moonatik    353

Hi, when I want to start a new world, I click on "world" to get the settings but I only have the back screen and the game froze on that. 

I tried to desinstall et reinstall the game, but still the same.

Didn't buy Hamlet yet, but the bug is the same if I select SW or RoG on a new game, no world settings and freeze. Had to quit the game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Our XBOX ONE does the same thing and we have the same problem as Moonatik.  The world settings menu freezes up the game.  The title screen has a black backround all of a sudden.  The game will play on default options, but it is now quirky because traps malfunction:  in shipwrecked, a crab that gets caught in a trap just disappears now.

Neenea    1

Same issue on xbox one. Loved playing on steam and saw Dont Starve- ROG was free to play via game pass. Decided to give it a try on console. Was going well but then it had an update and my save worked fine still but when I want to make a new file now, whenever I select "world" it goes to a blank screen (see attached screenshot-color dependent on if ROG is turned on or off) and game becomes unresponsive. Have to force quit to get out. Reinstalling and changing profiles doesnt fix. Following this topic in hopes that a solution/fix is found...

IMG_152bd264-7b0d-4334-98b5-e7176c4142bc.png

• Like 1

After updating don’t starve today I can’t select characters or modify my world at all when starting a new game. My screen freezes and I have to restart my Xbox one. I’ve tried several times and can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong. I usually play don’t starve-ROG and have a lot of saved games I don’t want deleted so I don’t want to re download. Anyone have any ideas ? 

GulfGirl    1

I can still play the game after the update, but I can't trap rabbits anymore. It I set out a trap over the rabbit hole, it will appear to catch a rabbit -- the trap jumps, as usual. But when I go to harvest the trap, there is no rabbit. If I leave the traps alone until the rabbit dies, I get a stale morsel and the trap life is reduced. If you're just making jerky, it's not so bad, but I sometimes you need live rabbits, and this bug makes this option impossible.

I'm having the same problem with the rabbit  and bird traps on Xbox one. Makes it really hard to get the Prestihatilator or eggs from your bird if you can't catch them. 

MloafOTB    1

I have the same problem. I just downloaded the mega pack a few days ago. I can not customize my world and I can’t trap birds or rabbits. I hope this gets fixed soon. It’s unplayable otherwise. I’m also using an Xbox One 

Edited by MloafOTB
  • Like 1

Hello all,

Just wanted to join in. Same issue here on Xbox One. Bought the game 2 days ago, tried various combinations of different characters or different expansions selected but always experiencing the same crash when trying to customise a world. I have 14 days to return so will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if there will be any solutions.

MloafOTB    1

Here to update: I now have access to the world settings. However, basic traps still don’t work. Rabbit or bird traps

Neenea    1

Same here, new update for the game on xbox today fixed the "world" crash issue for me. Didn't have trap isuues before or after. I do not use mods either.

Same for me. I have contacted Klei and they are able to replicate the trap problem and they are working on it. The world fix is working for me as well now.