Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Algaernon

Confused by No One Left Behind quest moral choice options

Algaernon    5

Hi I took what seems to be a strange route through the no-one left behind quest. This is my fist time playing Griftlands so sorry if i can't go into detail or misunderstand stuff. ;)

I subdued the Admiralty guy and was got presented two options, "let him go" or something like "cut him down." I didn't want his blood on my chara's hands; after all you do what you gotta do if you're a hostage right? I was looking for an option to take him back and let the admiralty sort him out. So I picked "let him go" then when i got back to the admiralty I passed up the option to convince her that the guy was still loyal and picked the other option that says "he gave them intel" or whatever. I was surprised that picking this failed the mission! The admiralty lady basically said she had already interrogated the guy and she knew I was lying as though I had lost the negotiation to convince her he was loyal. It is not fun to fail a quest after succeeding at every card battle with nothing to show for it. I must have missed something important, did he turn bad cop before his patrol was ambushed or something? I don't think that was mentioned in the dialog. Why does he deserve death for me to complete the mission and still be in good standing with my admiralty contact? Thanks for looking at this feedback.

pacovf    915

IIRC, this quest has two possible versions. In one, the officer was captured and tortured. In the other, he’s dirty, and he’s been (more-or-less) willingly giving info to the bandits.

The quest Oolo gave you was to either save the officer if he was actually captured, or kill him if he was dirty. You basically just told her that he was helping the bandits, but let him go away anyway, so she’s unhappy.

I have never picked that option, but from what you say, it sounds like the dialogue tree from that choice might not make a lot of sense. It could be good for the devs to update it.

RageLeague    1491

More specifically, the officer is not necessarily dirty, but they might be "convinced" to give bandits intel. Oolo's quest specification says save the officer if they do not leak any intel, or silence them if they did.

On that topic, the officer has no improved opinion of you if you spared him even if he leaked intel, for some reason. Even though he specifically said something along the lines of "it's better to keep a friend in the admiralty".