Sign in to follow this  
Gordonhead

Are Hot tubs bugged?

Gordonhead    0

Ok, i spent some time now to build up a wellness area, with saunas and hot tubs. And When i have finally set it up, what i have to see? Even as i put water with 40°C (or 313 K) in, the tubs are in an constant loop of too hot - too cold - too hot - too cold - too hot - too cold - too hot, and so on....

There is never a stable time, when the inhabitants can really enjoy the tub. They can go in for a second but because its in this constant loop, they do not stay long enough there to really have some bonus out of it.

What do i do wrong?

bleeter6    211

If you cool the tub using a metal floor and an aquatuner you can use 95C water and the tub will work fine.

Edited by bleeter6

cpy    353

I use saunas and hot tubs as heat deletion mechanism.

Aquatuner makes 115C-200C steam (depending how much heat you want to delete) steam will loop to saunas and gets dumped back to aquatuner heating, when saunas get used water output is buffered and stored in ceramic pipes for hot tubs (80C) all that cooling is used to cool hot tubs and saunas and rest of the base.

So simply put aquatuner -> sauna -> hot tub -> aquatuner and you'll get water heat deletion from 200C to 37C, do whatever you want with it.

• Like 1

Gurgel    1622
10 hours ago, Gordonhead said:

Ok, i spent some time now to build up a wellness area, with saunas and hot tubs. And When i have finally set it up, what i have to see? Even as i put water with 40°C (or 313 K) in, the tubs are in an constant loop of too hot - too cold - too hot - too cold - too hot - too cold - too hot, and so on....

There is never a stable time, when the inhabitants can really enjoy the tub. They can go in for a second but because its in this constant loop, they do not stay long enough there to really have some bonus out of it.

What do i do wrong?

You need to cool down the tub capacity and you need to fill in water relatively hot. The water will still cool and the tub will still heat up, but if done right it will work most of the time. Last time I did this, I had the tub on metal tiles with water regulated to 35C or so below. I think I did fill in water at 50C or so, but I am not sure. And you need a renewable source of bleach stone The thing is tricky to operate and I have not bothered since. 

Gordonhead    0
On 6/16/2020 at 6:15 AM, bleeter6 said:

If you cool the tub using a metal floor and an aquatuner you can use 95C water and the tub will work just fine

i have to test it, but somehow i doubt, that it solves the problem, as the tube has a really really big problem: it tries to keep at exact 37,7°C. No bathtube (or whatever) works like this. If you have a hot bath, you put in water and at some point the water has cooled down a lot, to a point, where it is does not make fun any more. The range of temperature is way bigger then just stay at a fixed temperature. You maybe enjoy 60°C hot water and leave the tube, when it is at 30 degree.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, cpy said:

I use saunas and hot tubs as heat deletion mechanism.

Aquatuner makes 115C-200C steam (depending how much heat you want to delete) steam will loop to saunas and gets dumped back to aquatuner heating, when saunas get used water output is buffered and stored in ceramic pipes for hot tubs (80C) all that cooling is used to cool hot tubs and saunas and rest of the base.

So simply put aquatuner -> sauna -> hot tub -> aquatuner and you'll get water heat deletion from 200C to 37C, do whatever you want with it.

Exactly: the tubs just work as an deletion mechanism. Not as a reaxing tube for the inhabitants. They do not use it, if the water is more then 37,7°C, because the water is too hot. And they do not use it, if the water is lower then 37,7°C. Thats the reason, why the inhabitants in the game looks like they jump there all the time. I am rather confused, that even after this long time this behaviour was never mentioned anywhere else. Thats the reason, why i was asking, if this is a bug or intended this way?

23 hours ago, Gurgel said:

You need to cool down the tub capacity and you need to fill in water relatively hot. The water will still cool and the tub will still heat up, but if done right it will work most of the time. Last time I did this, I had the tub on metal tiles with water regulated to 35C or so below. I think I did fill in water at 50C or so, but I am not sure. And you need a renewable source of bleach stone The thing is tricky to operate and I have not bothered since. 

As above: the inhabitants do not use the tube at a higher temperature. But i have to test it later again. I was trying to figure out, if the shown behaviour in my game was normal or not.

Edit: yes, the same mistake was shown all the time: when i put in hotter water then the 37,7°C, then the tubs were not used, because the water was too hot. If it was lower then 37,7°C, the water was too cold. Then the inhabitants left the tube after a short time. In my opionion this behaviour is wrong.

Edited by Gordonhead

psusi    259
On 6/16/2020 at 3:38 AM, cpy said:

Wait, where is heat deleted?  The heat of the water in the tub is transferred to the tub, not deleted.  That's why you have to cool the tub no?

3 hours ago, Gordonhead said:

i have to test it, but somehow i doubt, that it solves the problem, as the tube has a really really big problem: it tries to keep at exact 37,7°C.

No, it doesn't.  The tub itself has to be below that temperature, but the water inside it must be above it.  Two different things with two different temperatures.

Gurgel    1622
On 6/17/2020 at 11:30 AM, Gordonhead said:

i have to test it, but somehow i doubt, that it solves the problem, as the tube has a really really big problem: it tries to keep at exact 37,7°C.

No, it does not. The tub must be _below_ 37.7C and the water in it must be _above_ 37.7C. 

Edit: It seems the water in it may also be exactly at 37.7C. 

Edited by Gurgel

bleeter6    211
18 hours ago, Gordonhead said:

i have to test it, but somehow i doubt, that it solves the problem, as the tube has a really really big problem: it tries to keep at exact 37,7°C. No bathtube (or whatever) works like this. If you have a hot bath, you put in water and at some point the water has cooled down a lot, to a point, where it is does not make fun any more. The range of temperature is way bigger then just stay at a fixed temperature. You maybe enjoy 60°C hot water and leave the tube, when it is at 30 degree.

Doubt all you want, doesn't stop it from working for me.