Sign in to follow this  
KeshS

Change Pumpkin Cookie Recipe

A lot of the recipes are sort of meant to be semi-scams, that dumb eggplant one for example or monster lasagna. I'd say pumpkin cookies falls into that category at least a little bit, even though make em for some aesthetic flavor. Tbh I was a little sad that the new crops weren't like the old ones that had basically one corresponding recipe since that gave every crop a unique flare to them and now all I see is "whoah cooked potato 20 health, whoah Toma Root 20 health"

• Like 3

reichull    1002

I always see the "inferior" crock pot foods as kinda a last resort "the ingredients are spoiling" thing that prolongs the life of your food.

Might I also add I think it's kind of weird to be asking for a change in recipe when way better alternatives already exist. There is actually almost always a better alternative to an item or food or method when it comes to DST. Does that mean we should demand changes to every single little thing that we deem "not worth the hassle"? It's one thing to ask to make Walter's favorite food Pumpkin Cookies and give him a special bonus when eating them, but a completely different one to ask to have the whole recipe changed to be more beneficial when we have already been given these things in other recipes.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ninja Survivor said:

Not everything has to be 100% efficient. I make Pumpkin Cookies all the time because quite frankly they look yummy as hell.

But there is no harm in making it efficient, especially in the context of buffs. Making Pumpkin Cookies restore more isn't going to make them look any less yummy. Increasing their stats will only appease both parties.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TopNoob    190
3 hours ago, Bluepufferfish said:

A lot of the recipes are sort of meant to be semi-scams, that dumb eggplant one for example or monster lasagna. I'd say pumpkin cookies falls into that category at least a little bit, even though make em for some aesthetic flavor. Tbh I was a little sad that the new crops weren't like the old ones that had basically one corresponding recipe since that gave every crop a unique flare to them and now all I see is "whoah cooked potato 20 health, whoah Toma Root 20 health"

More like a meh dish

Ogrecakes    2962

I always just assumed the math worked out to make pumpkin cookies worthwhile, but even ignoring stuff like cooked cactus and mushrooms that is just BAD.

Im all for a buff, too specific of a recipe to deserve being this mathematically bad.

(Also going to just buff them in Uncompromising Mode)

Edited by Ogrecakes
  • Like 1

ShadowDuelist    5984

If Walter has pumpkin cookies as favorite dish, he will get about 52,5 hunger from them, plus the 15 sanity, so it would probably be worth making just for him.

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

15 extra HP would be cool

Although adding to the recipe 15 hp for everyone would be much better, of course.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 1

Hornete    4019
6 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

(Also going to just buff them in Uncompromising Mode)

ok.

• Sad 1

Owlrus98    2432

If the recipe were tweaked to require only 1x Honey instead of 2x, and have the hunger value increased to a flat 50, then you would make a profit of about 4 hunger if you used 2x twigs/ice as fillers. Slap on some added health benefits like say 10 or 15 health restored per cookie, and you'd make bank. 

All in all though, I feel that the farming system could use some minor tweaks to growing crops in both terms of selective growing and plot building to make these recipes a bit more viable in my opinion.

• Like 2

Picklesaurus    180

The thing about pumpkin cookie is that it's better to eat the pumking cooked and use the two honeys from it's recipe to make something else, like a taffy for example. In the situation you decide to make a taffy you'll be getting +25 hunger +15 sanity for just one more honey.

Following this line of though you'll notice that instead of getting just +37,5 hunger +15 sanity from one pumpking cookie, you could instead get +37,5 hunger +8 hp from the cooked pumpkin plus +25 hunger +15 sanity -3 health from a taffy, for a total of +62,5 hunger +15 sanity + 5 health.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 1

Dunk Mujunk    1747

My wife just suggested that Pumpkin Cookies could possibly be used as an alternative to Green Caps or Jerky for Warly.

Though neither of us has played more than a few days with Warly, so I'm not sure how true this is.