JoeW

Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

OMG!!!! HYYYYYYYYYYYPEE!!!!!!! This looks amazing Klei!! ...as usual! :P 

Also, I wasn't expecting Walter to be FREE, thank you so much Klei!! You're one kind company!!

EDIT: I just noticed this: I LOVE how the moon has a chunk missing and is cracked (The chunk being the "new" lunar island), this is such a nice attention to detail!! :wilson_love:

Edited by ConvexCaribou23
  • Like 4

Mike23Ua    5779
Just now, Raeku said:

If Charlie were to be playable, her name would have to start with a W. Which would make her..... OH MY

Wugly.thumb.png.d8338f25083126756395547fce261597.png

Wretched Charlie..?

(She can NEVER be fully just Charlie again.. she will live the rest of her life with that dark shadow power trying to be contained inside of her.)

Besides... we already have a boring human version of Charlie (her sister who has skins that let her look like Charlie!) 

What I want is something that transforms between light and dark forms, similar to Hel from Smite.. but not quite Hel.. As seen here where she fights herself between wanting to hurt or help Wilson or rather her furniture should be pretty or creepy, before finally both forms settle on a middle ground of Pretty Creepy.

• Like 2

Raeku    258
2 minutes ago, Seot said:

I screamed like a little girl now my friends are making fun of me:lol:. As soon as I heard he can ride his pet like a beefalo I already know im going to love him. He also generally seems like a really strong character while still having interesting gameplay mechanics, so excited.

Can't wait for some mounted slingshot combat action!

• Like 4

HeatAndRun    1280
1 hour ago, JoeW said:
  • Special Slingshot ammo
    • Slow-Down Rounds (reduces the target’s movement speed)

Well.. Sounds like it would be a great way to use up abundant overloading bee stingers..! :sure:

Lumberlocke    936
23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think they decided to make Walter Free because they came up with something Better for the final paid dlc

Well, free DLC does exist. It's possible Walter is still counted as DLC, despite not having a price tag. I would like to know if Walter is still considered the 4th DLC character though. :shock:

1 minute ago, Lumberlocke said:

I would like to know if Walter is still considered the 4th DLC character though. :shock:

All the 4 DLC characters anounced in the 2019 roadmap were already delivered, Wortox, Wormwood, Warly and Wurt. Walter is something else, meaning that we might get even more characters! :D

• Like 2

Bluegeist    1715

@JoeW Does Walter count as one of the 4 dlc characters planned? Curious as he is the only newbie that's free!

1 minute ago, ConvexCaribou23 said:

All the 4 DLC characters anounced in the 2019 roadmap were already delivered, Wortox, Wormwood, Warly and Wurt. Walter is something else, meaning that we might get even more characters! :D

See, I always thought Warly was one of the refreshes as he was called as such, as opposed to Wormy who was released around the same time as the DLC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

See, I always thought Warly was one of the refreshes as he was called as such, as opposed to Wormy who was released around the same time as the DLC

Was Warly added in DST before the roadmap? I thought he was new to DST only after the roadmap, I thouht he came after Wortox. If not, my bad then, oopsy :P

• Like 1

Raeku    258
4 minutes ago, Clawder said:

Also you are complaining about sanity being irrelevant BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT.

Honestly, depending on the numbers, Walter's relationship with sanity may make NMF farming very convenient.

Like you said, the numbers are needed to truly get a good idea of how he plays...

A few examples:

-What will be the slingshot attack speed/damage?

-How slow will the slow-down darts render the target?

-How fast is Woby?

-How much monstermeat will you need to feed Woby to maintain is big form?

-How many questions will I list before I get bored?

-How quickly will Walter's sanity drain when damaged?

-Will his sanity drain fast as his health gets lower?

• Like 1

Queron81    471
3 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

Yeah, Warly counted as a character refresh, not as a DLC character. Walter is the 4th DLC character, but Klei decided to give this DLC free to all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I'm actually really excited for this character, mainly because all of his perks seem geared towards both learning the game and making it a bit easier for newcomers. My friends hardly wanted to play DST because it was too hard for them (what with sanity, storage, and fighting being a huge issue for them); Wilson was not really reliable for them because he offered very little as a starter character. I think (in my own opinion of course) the perks for Walter is amazing for someone who wants to learn the game at their own pace while also having a decent challenge that they can reliably control.

Right? I also have a friend who doesn't really want to play DST, because it is hard to manage at first and is also very confusing at first, even if it's my favorite game, this character will be perfect for him and for many people who are new to DST. (Also, he might sound good for starters, but he also seems really fun to play in general, I'm looking forward to playing him myself lol :P)

• Like 2

Clawder    121
3 minutes ago, Raeku said:

Honestly, depending on the numbers, Walter's relationship with sanity may make NMF farming very convenient.

NF has always been a problem for me, lol.

Everyone says "sAniTy iS nEvEr An ISsUE". And I'm over here getting my ass handed over by a crawling horror.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mike23Ua    5779

Okay so there are ALOT of questions I would like to ask Klei, like why is Walter free? Does the new short have any connection to Woodie? What’s the “and More” in this post mean if you already covered skins, new twitch drops and Walter?? 

But none of that is what I want an answer to most, I shall directly ping Mr @JoeW to ask the question I want an answer to the most.

The Question: If Woby can die in the game will the Campfire Stories Walter tells to everyone be about how his dog died? 

(sorry not sorry I had to do it. Haha.)

• Sad 1