YAY I broke the island!

How screwed am I?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How screwed am I?

• Deeply.
    • Profoundly.
    • Bottomoftheseaply.

Excess    53

So, multitasking is a *****. Also, I'm a dumbfuck.

I had Don't Steamrve opened and paused. In the meantime, I updated my graphics card drivers (with the game still open). And then HEY, Under the Ocean finished downloading, I better check it out. Somewhere between that and the graphics driver updating Don't Starve crached.

I just reopened it to check out the new nights and BEHOLD...

post-270-1376458936434_thumb.jpg

...my world is PURPLE. I can zoom out and the clouds will appear. Zooming in does nothing. I can still hear the pigs around me, and as you can see on the screenshot I can still interact with Puffin (who is fine by the way, thanks for asking, hes just a little shaken up by the experience, that's all). Also, the map is completely blank...

post-270-13764589364599_thumb.jpg

...so yeah. Almost 15 hours wasted.

Am I completely screwed or what?

Bogpad    20

oh, yeah, just saw the third thread, funny enough that it seems we all have totally different graphic cards :D

Excess    53

You are telling me this wasn't my doing?

Now I don't know if what broke the game was the drivers update or the new build that was just pushed.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6800ish, if that helps, and I just installed the last driver available. I'm still downloading the Chrome version to see if it works.

UPDATE!

Chromes fine.

Edited by Excess

Bogpad    20

ah, I have the AMD Radeon 7800, so that might be something they can work with. The third guy had a totally different graca though, so it can not be an AMD exclusive thing

Excess    53

Which build would that be?

I just downloaded 68792 and it's still broken. I guess we'll have to wait for Steam to propagate the update.

Sign in to follow this