Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Owlrus

Exotic food recipes?

Owlrus    3038

Do you guys think that we will eventually get recipes down the line that are "exotic" or "multi-cultural" in nature? Would you guys want any? Sure we have things like california rolls, ceviche, ratatouille, or even a froggle bunwich, but the majority of recipes are "well known" in a sense; so I personally would love to see some new recipes that are almost never well known. 

Here's a few examples that come to mind:

• Scotch Egg (eggs wrapped in meat and¬†fried)
  • Pig in a Pumpkin (pork baked in a pumpkin with seasoning)
  • Shakshuka (poached eggs in a spicy tomato pepper sauce)
  • Haluski (potato dumplings tossed with bacon and cheese)
  • Curry (combination of spices to form a sauce)
  • Turkey Sandwich (self explanatory)

kiwikenobi    1065

Single player Don't Starve has some dishes that I hadn't heard of before I saw them in the game, like feijoada in Hamlet. And both single player and Don't Starve Together have unagi, which is also appears to be sushi, though I believe the word just means "eel" in Japanese, but I don't think it's nearly as famous as California rolls outside of Japan.

That said, to respond to the actual question, I would love to see more recipes added to the game, especially if they're foods that are new to me. I love learning new things from video games.

When I read the title of the forum post "Exotic Food" I thought it would be ideas for recipes in DST that are made from rarer things. Like Mandrake soup for instance. Not real world dishes, lol.