•     Removed the following Smith negotiation cards:
    •         Who?
    •         Ad Hominem
    •         Connections
    •         Know a Guy
    •         Refusal
    •         Rescind
    •         Immunity

That's sad. They're like all the good negotiation cards. I wonder why the devs decide to remove them.

• Sad 1

Haystack    7
17 hours ago, RageLeague said:

That's sad. They're like all the good negotiation cards. I wonder why the devs decide to remove them.

For some context, most of those are cards that spent Renown and it felt like they were fighting against the cards that rely on stacking larger amounts of Renown. The removal will quite likely be followed by a rework of those cards. The negotiation cards felt a bit cluttered and directionless, so the removal of these cards hopefully strips it down to the most important cards for each archetype.
Out of curiosity, what did you enjoy about them and what do you feel would be missing without them?

• Like 2

pacovf    888

I thought cards that removed renown for strong effects were interesting. It contributed to the balancing act of figuring out how much risk you wanted to take by stacking renown. You would want enough renown to make sure you had access to the strong effects of these cards. And sometimes you would play them just because you overinvested in renown for other reasons.

EDIT: spoilered the next part, because I completely misunderstood one of the changes of the past week.

Spoiler

It looks like the self-damage from renown has been drastically reduced, so renown removal is less interesting now. I can understand those cards getting reworked then.

Edited by pacovf

TheOwl    113
42 minutes ago, Haystack said:

For some context, most of those are cards that spent Renown and it felt like they were fighting against the cards that rely on stacking larger amounts of Renown. The removal will quite likely be followed by a rework of those cards. The negotiation cards felt a bit cluttered and directionless, so the removal of these cards hopefully strips it down to the most important cards for each archetype.
Out of curiosity, what did you enjoy about them and what do you feel would be missing without them?

Have not tried Smith at all yet, but wouldn't it simply be like the "Empty" cards and "Fully Charged" cards from Rook? With two different playstyle available with a same mechanic? (either spending/stacking charges or spending/stacking Renown)

RageLeague    1112

Also, it's not that renown damage taken is decreased. Now renown deals damage continuously based on how many stack you have.

• Like 2