Sign in to follow this  
cpy

Cryo asteroid mod?

cpy    353

I want to play ONI on really really cold asteroid, like rime but colder, I know there was a mod but I forgot the name.Can someone help me out what was it? Or like extreme rime map, but with warm center with liquid water. Because -170C on every tile is pretty impossible to do :)

Found it! Name was cryoth. But it does not seems to be on workshop.

Edited by cpy

Gurgel    1622

You could probably mess with the world-gen. The files are plain-text and accessible, as far as I remember.

cpy    353

Oh yeah that worked, I created my own Rime asteroid, much cooler than original rime! :D

• Like 1

Rogue Witch    67

The mod you are looking for is 'Absolute Zero'. Everything beside the starting biome is -170 degrees. Everything, even the gases are frozen solid. But I am unable to find this mod on steam anymore. A real cold challenge map. 

cpy    353

Well I created new planet myself, apparently adding new planet is pretty easy to do. I created new biome types that were 1 or 2 stages colder. Then after hour of playing i realized I could've created more temperature stages. But I guess -50C world is still cold enough.

cpy    353

When I try to add more temperature ranges to temperatures.yaml and use them in worldgen, game crashes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Temperatures.yaml

Spoiler

# keys to remove from in-memory structure when this file is loaded
remove: []
# elements to add from in-memory structure when this file is loaded
add:

AbsoluteZero:
    min: 10.0
    max: 60.0
  ExtremelyCold:
    min: 60.0
    max: 200.0
  SuperCold:
    min: 140.0
    max: 200.0
  VeryCold:
    min: 200.0
    max: 227.0
  Cold:
    min: 227.0
    max: 257.0
  Cool:
    min: 257.0
    max: 280.0
  Mild:
    min: 280.0
    max: 293.0
  Room:
    min: 293.0
    max: 298.0
  HumanWarm:
    min: 298.0
    max: 313.0
  HumanHot:
    min: 313.0
    max: 323.0
  Hot:
    min: 323.0
    max: 373.0
  VeryHot:
    min: 373.0
    max: 570.0
  ExtremelyHot:
    min: 1500.0
    max: 1800.0

Edited by cpy

Soulwind    283

Just a guess as I've not looked into the code to be certain, but:  it looks like maybe they used a fixed size for the array internally (not in the xml, in the internal use of the yaml file).  If so, then adding more elements would cause an overflow error, which might explain it.

If adding even 1 more element causes the worldgen to crash, but removing 1 element doesn't, then that's where I'd bet the problem lies.

cpy    353

Well I tried using code from solar systems mods but damn this worldgen is not doing what I want it to do.

OxCD    674
18 minutes ago, cpy said:

Well I tried using code from solar systems mods but damn this worldgen is not doing what I want it to do.

If you need some advice from time to time, indeed @Pholith is Solar System author and has spent many times creating world gen mods. You can contact him here, but I would suggest you to join the En Discord, where he's a lot more active than here https://discord.gg/EBncbX2

Go into mod-general & ping him eventually.

There's also a really good modding team active, including other world gen modders, so you should probably get any help you need if you kindly ask :)

Edited by OxCD

cpy    353

With help fom @Pholith coding temperature system, here is Rime Extreme planet. Don't mind broken name of asteroid, I don't know how to fix that yet and map works so if anyone wants to fix it or improve it feel free to do so. DLL code part belongs to @Pholith .

Unzip and place in the usual C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\local or wherever your documents folder is.

RimeExtreme.7z

Edited by cpy
  • Like 2

Edoc_    13

I really wanted something like this as soon as I started rime seeing that the cold was manageable.

Thanks for your work I'll download it later.

Moving water into pipe is going to be even more difficult !

• Thanks 1

cpy    353

LOL! This extreme rime have spots where natural gas and oxygen gas gets liquid! Yes there are -200C spots! I tried hardest hunger rate but I failed few times. I'm playing on normal hunger for first 30 cycles then switched to ravenous.

I play on geodormant and this map have 6 geysers so geodormant means only 2 extra non default geysers!

Pro tip: start new map save it, got to sandbox mode uncover in circle until you find cool steam, load your save and get digging there. I mean you don't have to use sandbox tools to reveal map but digging in direction then loading backed up save is pretty much same thing but longer.