Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

[Game Update] - 410108

Kevin    2589

Hey Grifters,

We added some more quests to the main game and to brawl mode today. Old brawl saves will be incompatible, sorry to say. We'll have that stabilized for the actual release of brawl.

• add side_matter_of_faith
  • add sal_brawl_win_the_crowd
  • add sal_brawl_pick_sides
  • Fixed crash caused by Defenseless
  • Removed flag on muscle_memory_plus2 that was making it not expend
  • Sal's brawl no longer counts as a win for unlocking new prestige levels
  • secret intel argument added
  • add an agent title format string
  • predetermine the brawl a lot more, so that we can balance the quest types
  • Added upgrade highlighting to planning_plus2
  • Rugged Wiring now clarifies: when you take enemy damage.
  • Fix Power from Rentorian Battle Armor not being removed when you take certain forms of damage.
  • Clarify card text on Overloaded Core.
  • Clarify Improvise tooltip desc to not mention 'random pool'.  The cards that Improvise from a random pool state this in their card text.
  • Fixed order of operations on Go Between
  • Fixed bug where One One One wouldn't play its anim three times (still dealt damage 3 times)
  • Fixed description of caprice_plus
  • Added a max_stacks to Hilt Slam
  • Remove SPARK_BARON_AUTOMECH and RISE_AUTOMECH skins, they shouldn't exist.  Fixes Enforcer Enforcer and Cobblebot Cobblebot showing up.
  • Fix death by fragile health.
  • Fix crash updating survival widget when no survival is taking place.  These widgets are actually kept around in the MainOverlay.
  • Turns counter actually isn't incremented per team, so amend the math.

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RageLeague    591

The pick sides battle is the same as the faction battle before, only this time you get to choose the stronger team. It's a strictly easier quest than faction battle. It needs balancing.

TF3    192

image.thumb.png.6707b13fb810ab65d4ccdbdd4d654557.png

Havaria belongs to the Fleads!

Side note, Authorization effectively does nothing in Brawl since the only negotiations where you can talk to other NPCs are provocations at the bar. Still think it'd be nice to have Authorization let you recruit an Admiralty to your party instead of simply bribe since you can only do it once a day. Would give it some function in Rook's campaign as well, since you never have Admiralty in meaningful locations to make use of it, but Admiralty occasionally spawns at the Baron HQ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kevin    2589

Here's a small update, because some streamers are playing experimental now...

EXPERIMENTAL 411016
You can now click an agent's portrait in conversation to show a detailed popup of that character.

• You can now also click names in conversation text and the to-do list to see their details screen.
  • Fix ugly one-frame layout while the character details popup fades in.
  • Delete human-centric subtitle text in graft replacement.
  • re-did broken bloom on flead queen
  • Entire Supply: fix crash
  • On The House: Fix inaccurate description and add keyword for Composure.
  • Buff and Heal intents have a tooltip again.
  • Matter of Faith: Fix aggressor status when the priest attacks you.
  • Hits are now correctly given evaded or defended status independently of eachother.
  • Add Efficient Disposal as damage source.
  • Combo degenerates with *any* damage
  • Post Emergency Generator card in the event that gives it.
  • Include traceback of when a DebugPanel is created.
  • Fix cleaved not working.
  • Fix potential crash with Muscle Memory if there are no improvise candidates.
  • Fix Emergency Shield Generator if you improvised it into your hand after your turn started.
  • Fix Emergency Shield Generator stacking if you had multiple of them in your deck.
  • Add evasion to debug fighter menu
  • Fixed description of Shock Grenade to be consistent with other similar items
  • Removed debug code that was causing bleed cards to not expend
  • Reworked fragmenter_plus to apply wound and cripple instead of double wound
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maniafig    57

I played another round of Smith's Bar Fight, trying to run a Trauma deck but mostly just using a Moxie build, here's some thoughts.

-I much prefer the reworked Moxie over the old one, lowrolling Moxie on self-damage is way less annoying than lowrollling amount healed while having high Moxie.

-Bio-Strike and Blood Flow should both Expend. They both enable ridiculous amounts of healing and dragging out the battle. Every point of Moxie is roughly worth almost 2 points of HP healed once you start getting high amounts of Moxie.

-Ruthless and Body Blow are adequate Trauma support, if a bit boring. Some more diverse upgrades would be nice, such as Body Blow either upgrading damage or getting an extra hit on Traumatic targets. These cards should also get their respective bonuses when attacking a Traumatized target, currently the payoff for getting a target to Traumatized is better spend with cards like Bio-Strike than archetypal Trauma cards.

-Hammer Swing feels very weak, the energy cost is too high, the damage doesn't ramp up enough or quickly enough. Chain cards also currently lack upgrades, I'm thinking potential upgrades could be skipping steps in the chain (I -> III -> IV) or adding two copies of the second chain to the draw pile so there's a choice between getting to the big payout quicker or getting more payouts in your deck.

-It generally seems more difficult to scale damage as Smith than as Sal or Rook. 

-I didn't come across any Trauma support Grafts, was I just unlucky or do they not exist yet?

And now some thoughts on the Bar Fight mode itself.

-There's still not really a reason to Negotiate, so I'm not sure whether people have actually been testing the negotiations. I've just been skipping all Negotiation cards for the 10 extra shills.

-It's annoying when mindless beasts spawn on days 5, 10, 15 or 20 since that's when you most want to be able to hire a helper. Either let us hire beasts or prevent them from spawning right before boss battles.

-I'd just really like to play Sal's Bar Brawl as Smith, I think that would be a more representative way to test Smith's abilities than the current Bar Fight.

RageLeague    591
46 minutes ago, Maniafig said:

-I'd just really like to play Sal's Bar Brawl as Smith, I think that would be a more representative way to test Smith's abilities than the current Bar Fight.

If you are interested in using mods, I have a mod for you(that I made a while back).

Since you can choose mutators in brawl, this mod works perfectly. You might get stuck with whatever Sal's outfit that you have, though.

• Like 2