FeNniX

It's been a year since last major update.

__IvoCZE__    8063
4 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

Promise may sound like a strong word, but so does:

image.thumb.png.a7e20a4853967c30adf6723ac64b63f1.png 

This is honestly THE only thing hamlet didn't live up to. (and the roseate sporkbill, GIMME MY PINK BIRRRRBBB)

SpoonyBardIV    826
4 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

JoeW doesn't clear up why the development was so obviously canceled, and there's no answer as to where all the promised content and bug fixes are.

That's what I have a problem with. I would be completely happy and satisfied with Hamlet if everything that was supposed to be included was actually there. But it's hard to support a DLC that had a lot of content cut for no apparent reason. Especially after the devs specifically saying that it will be added.

• Thanks 4

ArubaroBeefalo    4153
On 8/5/2020 at 8:40 AM, TimothyCarter said:

I know a lot of people are upset with Ham, but like, I really love it. Yeah, the bugs are annoying sometimes, but I can't help but laugh at them a lot of times. Hamlet isn't perfect, but for me, it added a lot to the game that I really love. Crafting finally being integrated between DLCs opened the game up to so much, the interiors are so fun to decorate and add to. Hell, even just storing stuff in a very small location on your base makes interiors amazing. The End's Well made teleportation very viable. The iron man suit is so much fun when you want/need to destroy some annoying enemy infested areas. O B S I D E A N F I R E P I T I N R O G. Shops that sell volt goat horns and ox horns. I can actually craft morning stars and weather pains and the ox horn helmet. The root trunk is such a great way to store common things you need in worlds like money and key to the city. People on this message board are so sour and I feel like I can never really express my opinion here about how much I like Hamlet. Yeah, I get it, the aporkalypse feels a bit empty, the weather seems like more could have been done, but the game is so different now due to Hamlet, and for me, it so perfect and distinct from DST.

Aight rant over, ya'll can leave

i lovee the mechanics you said, i really like hamlet and i think is worth to buy it and more being so cheap as it is but i would pay more if the lacks that it has were covered and the bugs fixed

single player ds has a lot of potential dlcs with differents kind of worlds but its sad to see that we were stuck on the map of rog forever since klei doesnt want to continue singleplayer and dst cant affort multiple worlds

• Like 1

Scrimbles    3434
On 8/7/2020 at 5:23 PM, inferjus4 said:

The whole problem with this argument is Klei is here making games professionally and Ogrecakes is just a player that makes mods in their free time. When someone who is less experienced in coding can point out so many proffesionall coders' mistakes, it says something.
And your argument is just awfully bad, because it's like saying to some casual cook that they shouldn't express their negative opinion on cake made by professionall chef because they are less experienced. So no, it's not ironic that Ogrecakes is "bad" at coding too. They are not obligated to be good at it, Klei is.

Also Hornet is a former dev that left unfinished code that caused crashes in the mod, I had to fix that stuff too.

We're on good terms over all, but what a dummy :^)

• Happy Hazard 1
  • Shopcat 1

chirsg    398

Hamlet together. PLZ bro PLZ

I want hamlet together bad. REAL bad. I want neighbors. I want to borrow gears, bro. I want to set fire to manure in front of their houses, watch the stamp it out and get smelly shoes, bro. I want to steal a froggle bunwich and blame it on my neighbor and laugh as he gets chased by guards, bro. I want it. I NEED it. I want city planning but with friends and enemies. PLZ BRO

• Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 1

TimothyCarter    488
On 8/15/2020 at 8:08 AM, JosePapp said:

Also, @Ogrecakes (hope you don't mind me tagging you), a bit of constructive criticism, a lot of people are somewhat edgy or hostile regarding uncompromising not because of the mod itself but the community surrounding it. Sometimes you give the impression that you're completely and utterly disatisfied at whatever Klei throws into dst (which is fine, you have free will and the right to be entitled to your opinions) but the way you approach to criticize them sometimes pointing all of their flaws out while claiming that such design issues are fixed in your mod sort of makes you, and the members of your community that are like that, seem stuck up, proud and a bit edgy or unfriendly, which i don't think it's the intention. Not trying to call you out or anything, just pointing that out in a friendly manner

Yeah, that's my biggest problem too. In no way do I think the mod "fixes" things. It makes them different, and some people like that.

• Like 1