Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

[Experimental Update] - 409828

Kevin    2557

Just pushed a fix based on some reports (thanks!). The brawl was screeching to a halt if you ever had to fight the flead queen.

Should be live in about 30 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

warlepidoptera    159

Today, I learned that a heavy bleed combat deck is really, really bad against the robot boss in Rook's story haha, but otherwise the brawl mode is pretty nice so far!

• Like 2

Kevin    2557

Just pushed a couple of fixes for brawl mode (will be ready in 30 minutes):

• fix flead queen gender
  • mark fssh and the shopkeepers in brawl
  • mark murder target as wanted dead in brawl
  • remove incorrect "world of rook" background in brawl
  • don't give legacies in brawl mode
  • fix missing plaxes in random brawl list

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RageLeague    545

Faction battle is very easy right now. You got an entire patrol team on your side fighting against the enemy patrol team with the same difficulty. At a later date this is more important, because in other fights, the opponent have ridiculous backup, but in this quest, you have the same ridiculous backup as well.

• Like 1

Kevin    2557
1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

Faction battle is very easy right now. You got an entire patrol team on your side fighting against the enemy patrol team with the same difficulty. At a later date this is more important, because in other fights, the opponent have ridiculous backup, but in this quest, you have the same ridiculous backup as well.

I can see how that would be the case. I might try making the opposition force be a difficulty step up from yours, or maybe making your backup draw from a special tuned table.  

Next week I want to add a bunch more brawl quests and focus a bit on getting the player to negotiate more.  

How is the overall experience playing out so far? Are there parts of the main game that feel missing? Pets maybe?

• Thanks 1

TF3    192
5 hours ago, Kevin said:

remove incorrect "world of rook" background in brawl

PepeHands The Rook Rebellion will live on in our hearts

• Like 1

Maniafig    50

Two things I noticed during my run were the lack of optional pre-boss negotations to reduce the boss battle difficulty and the lack of boss grafts.

The first was always a motivator to negotiate in the campaign, since you could make up for having a weaker combat deck by increasing the likelihood of successfully persuading people to help you fight the boss or weakening the boss through negotiation.

The latter mostly boils down to being stuck at 3 energy during the whole game, which feels restrictive as Sal when the difficulty ramps up significantly near the end, I got into one fight where it was me soloing vs four Spree (including two Captains) and things got really out of hand really quick. This could also just be an issue with the scaling of combat though, as well as not having pets to divert some of the damage towards.

I did also notice that when starting the fifth day, the only NPCs in the bar were two vendors, so there was nobody to hire to help me out for the next mission.

Schermafdruk_2020-05-09_15.14.53.png

• Like 2

Iamteehee    16

Is it just me, or are there sleep dialogues for Sal's brawl that didn't appear in the main game? I don't remember ever seeing this one before, but maybe I've just missed it. 

image.png

image.png.3213ad8c1ca86182845a832983b2f570.png

Edited by Iamteehee
  • Like 1

TF3    192
37 minutes ago, Iamteehee said:

I don't remember ever seeing this one before, but maybe I've just missed it. 

Definitely missed it, Sal has a bunch of sleep dialogue.

Kevin    2557

Just submitted a tiny change that gives you boss graphs when beating bosses in the brawl. Should be live in 30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1