psusi    259

So people created the time bow as a source of unlimited energy.  Something went wrong and blew up the earth.  Printing pods were left to reconstitute human kind.  Now you fly to the temporal tear and go... where?  Back in time to before the earth blew up?  And why is the largest part of the earth that remains protected by a giant force field so you can not land on it?

Gurgel    1618

Excellent questions. Also, who is the "I" that needs to manage "its dupes"? 

krop    94
15 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Excellent questions. Also, who is the "I" that needs to manage "its dupes"? 

You get important clues at cycle 1500 and 3000 :)

Edited by krop
  • Like 1

psusi    259
19 hours ago, krop said:

You get important clues at cycle 1500 and 3000 :)

I'm not seeing anything useful in those entries.

krop    94
2 hours ago, psusi said:

I'm not seeing anything useful in those entries.

That's because you didn't inspect enough desks, machines and so on

psusi    259
Just now, krop said:

That's because you didn't inspect enough desks, machines and so on

You seem to be confused.  I have read all of the in game messages except for the ones you specifically mentioned at cycle 1500 and 3000 because I haven't played a map that long.  I read those messages on https://gravitasfacility.blogspot.com and they said nothing of interest, so I have no idea why you said that.

Gurgel    1618
1 minute ago, psusi said:

You seem to be confused.  I have read all of the in game messages except for the ones you specifically mentioned at cycle 1500 and 3000 because I haven't played a map that long.  I read those messages on https://gravitasfacility.blogspot.com and they said nothing of interest, so I have no idea why you said that.

I have _all_ messages, and it is still not really clear to me. And I guess that is by intent, either because something is still coming or because Klei wants to leave room for imagination.

krop    94
2 minutes ago, psusi said:

Then read again :)

Cycle 1500 has the answer, cycle 3000 just confirms

minespatch    74219
56 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I have _all_ messages, and it is still not really clear to me. And I guess that is by intent, either because something is still coming or because Klei wants to leave room for imagination.

Stinky Gunderson notices little people based on them running around the halls. Check his entry.

psusi    259
54 minutes ago, krop said:

Then read again :)

Cycle 1500 has the answer, cycle 3000 just confirms

What are you talking about?  1500 says:

I wonder if my rats ever made it onto the asteroid.

I hope they’re eating well.

That doesn't tell me anything.  3000 is some sort of recollection of the original human's memory, but nothing about it seems remotely important.

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Stinky Gunderson notices little people based on them running around the halls. Check his entry.

I'm not able to find it on the web site.

minespatch    74219
krop    94
9 minutes ago, psusi said:

That doesn't tell me anything.  3000 is some sort of recollection of the original human's memory, but nothing about it seems remotely important.

Then read https://gravitasfacility.blogspot.com/p/sunflower-seeds-encryption-level-zero.html again, and find *WHO* B111 is. Just search *who* could be concerned about rats

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Or...if you'd rather not wait that long, you can check out the website I featuring all of the codex lore! :wilson_ecstatic:

https://gravitasfacility.blogspot.com

some entries differ from what the game contains, eg https://gravitasfacility.blogspot.com/p/duplicantmemory-solution.html which received fixes long ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

watermelen671    18951
1 hour ago, krop said:

some entries differ from what the game contains, eg https://gravitasfacility.blogspot.com/p/duplicantmemory-solution.html which received fixes long ago

Eh? They're the exact same. :wilson_curious:

Spoiler

image.png.c34aaca9bc2e46f34047de0e62048ec6.pngimage.thumb.png.f14fa5b66ffe29e06e4db974e9e560f4.png

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Yeah, I can see why. Those haven't been added yet. @watermelen671

What are you going on about?

There are no codex entries based on your previous post:

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

1 hour ago, psusi said:

You can find further information at these links:

Spoiler

Moved Rats

Initial Success

Sunflower Seeds

Spoiler

TL;DR the Printing Pod AI is based off of the brain map of Olivia Broussard [B111].

Basically the Director made her friend into an AI as "the only way to save her".

krop    94
10 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Eh? They're the exact same. :wilson_curious:

Strange, I'm pretty sure the from and to were inverted when I first looked.

It's probably a blogspot issue, but nothing happens if I click on email entries below 'RE: MY PENS'

• Like 1

watermelen671    18951
1 minute ago, krop said:

Strange, I'm pretty sure the from and to were inverted when I first looked.

It's probably a blogspot issue, but nothing happens if I click on email entries below 'RE: MY PENS'

That's because I haven't gotten around to adding them yet. :wilson_smile:

psusi    259

So I've read all of those before and I still don't see anything interesting in them.  I'm starting to feel like I'm looking at a sterogram and not getting it.

• Like 1

watermelen671    18951
14 hours ago, psusi said:

So I've read all of those before and I still don't see anything interesting in them.  I'm starting to feel like I'm looking at a sterogram and not getting it.

Okay lemme explain the lore point by point:

On 5/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, psusi said:

So people created the time bow as a source of unlimited energy. 

With the side effect of Neutronium building up wherever the energy is used. Unfortunately Director Stern wanted to see her dream through that she ignored all safety precautions, including the potential ramifications manipulating spacetime might have on the universe.

Something went wrong and blew up the earth.

That something was most likely the reactor meltdown, which probably ran on temporal energy.

Printing pods were left to reconstitute human kind.

I think they were almost finished with what they had wanted to accomplish, but before they could send their first colony seed out the world exploded. This is why the Pod AI is so confused at first.

Now you fly to the temporal tear and go... where?  Back in time to before the earth blew up? 

To explore the timelines and the multiverse I guess...maybe find an Earth that wasn't obliterated by time juice.

• Like 1