Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

GetNerfedOn

[Discussion] Wickerbottom Rework Ideas Thread

GetNerfedOn    5606

Though personally I am not the best person to discuss, I've decided to start this thread such that other people can discuss Wicker's probable rework.

Before anything else I'll list some of the rework ideas I've found commonly discussed when it comes to Wickerbottom:

- Nerf her book costs as they're ridiculously easy to get

- Nerf her book-reading capability to prevent her from reading books while out of sanity (I think this nerf should expand to the rest of sanity-draining magic items too tbf)

- Expand upon her elderly side by granting her downsides befitting an elderly person

I personally think Wicker should have a specific character-based item (think of Mourning Glory) which can only be acquired by performing  a specific set of actions, required to craft her books.

What about you guys? What are your thoughts regarding this matter?

xDarkSoul18x    49

I agree some things need to be looked at maybe. One being no sanity = no book reading. That should definitely be a thing. 

They should expand on her books since she is a librarian and maybe add some small things too like a sanity+ gain when around catcoons/kittykit since she hints at her having a cat.

They could add books that work like a meat effigy, resurrection of team members, maybe with the sea update add a few for that like fishing books or summon wave books that could destroy rocks and salt.

maybe even add something silly like a coloring book that she can craft for others to use to gain a bit of sanity lol. She’s a librarian, they should for sure expand on that!

Maxil20    612

I’m going to be honest when I say Wicker’s rework is the one I fear the most. If people go the NERF or NOTHING route it’s going to really cause undesired effects for her teamwork capabilities, which is something that klei strives to not do. 

In my opinion, I feel like a few of the books could use some tweaking, since aside from a key few most honestly are not that amazing. In particular:

Applied horticulture: probably not the best one to list first. This is undoubtedly the best book with zero reasons why you shouldn’t use it. I’m not going to pretend that this book isn’t ridiculously powerful because it is. I still enjoy it, for insane amounts of resources though, since other methods involve making extreme farms to the point where preformance impacts are bound to happen, or are actually just impossible (for instance, trying to get more reeds). I don’t usually use it for food reasons since there are other methods that I usually find less time consuming. I could see a recipe tweak, but nothing too insane.

Birds of the world: pretty much all I use it for is farming krampus/getting darts. Darts are only reasonable if you have a Reed trap unless you spend an exceedingly large amount of time grinding reeds, and while it’s a decent source of food (especially bacon and eggs) I don’t value it too much compared to the sheer amount of krampus you get. I think it’s pretty potent, but considering it’s use I think it’s okay.

Sleepytime stories: basically a pan flute that exchanges it’s quick casting time for double the range. I actually think this is honestly the most balanced book of the bunch. The cast time makes it incredibly unfavorable to use in fights, but the range makes it a nice tool. It’s overall fairly fine.

On tentacles: this used to be the go to for bee queen/other farms, but I generally don’t use this anymore. The tentacles are messy and can easily kill you on accident, especially given safer methods. They do have some uses for farms, but it’s a pretty niche book to use in general.

End is Nigh!: basically used for overcharging WX, and that’s about it. You could charge lighting rods with it for tiny amounts of light, but in all honesty it’s not practical in the slightest.

I don’t know how I feel about wicker having to get a mourning glory alt for her books to be used. I would probably be okay if each book took like 1-2, but I don’t know if I would want to spend 3-4 days repeating a process over and over to achieve the same thing I could before.

As for what I want, it’s generally having her have more interesting books. Wicker is my favorite utility character and I really would like to see some more books get added. SW added the joy of volcology, and while it wasn’t used much it had some fun niche uses. I would love to see what they come up with. I could see a new downside or expanding upon her previous ones would be neat as well, although I have no idea what it would be.

One more thing: I don’t believe wickers sanity should influence if she can read a book or not. The lunar island exists, and even if you made it so she gets lunacy from reading and can’t read anymore at full lunacy you can just don a bone helm or spam a deserter to keep lunacy down for continued reads. And for normal reeding, you would just chug down dozens of sanity restoring foods to accomplish a similar feat. I just think it would add more tedium.

Mike23Ua    5644

I love to play as Wickerbottom.. but since people scream she needs to be nerfed into the ground I don’t play her anymore. I will instead do the wise thing and just NOT play her at all until after Klei Reworks her, Because I don’t want to get used to how she plays Now and then Klei drastically change her later.

Wickerbottoms an elderly woman though so I would like to see something like weaker Melee damage, inability to eat hard foods such as cooked Jerky. (even Maxwell has a quote about him being to old to eat cooked Jerky.) Her Inability to sleep is something I would like to see removed.. Elderly people tend to sleep MORE instead of being unable to sleep at all.. 

Even people with Insomnia will EVENTUALLY pass out from pure exhaustion alone.

I don’t really know how to properly Rework Wicker.. but that’s not really up to me either.. that task rests entirely on Klei.

Blunderbuss    389

Wickerbottom rework is a 2-in-1 that is gimmick-less (so probably disappointing for most). Wickerbottom loses science at start and Wilson gets science at start. :-)

Lukmendes    69

One thing I think will happen in her rework is her damage being reduced, maybe like Wendy and Wes, which would make sense considering she's old, plus she can make up for it in other ways.

A nerf I expect to happen is to remove how she can keep using her books when she's at 0 sanity, that's honestly ridiculous.

As for buffs, I don't know what they'll give, maybe more spells? Outside of that, no idea, hopefully they'll won't castrate her, but not make her too strong (Or in her case, even stronger) either.

Dr. Safety    3104

I don't mind her books being powerful but the cost to make them should be more. I also want some books that are combat oriented. The best I could think of is illusion magic from Skyrim, like a book that makes every mob on screen aggro to anything for a little bit or a book that makes everything pacified for a little bit. Obviously these should be end game crafts.

Basically I think fundamentally, Wickerbottom has the most potential to have really interesting and fun to use. Being the old woman of the group, she definitely needs to have some downsides though...

Lumberlocke    916

I wonder if a "study" mechanic would be fitting of Wickerbottom, think Wagstaff's ability to "analyze" suspicious items, except it gives her sanity, and there's a multiple day cooldown to prevent spamming the same item for absurd sanity gain. It might fit Wickerbottom's "desire to seek knowledge"? (except she already seems to classify things by their scientific terms rather easily... hm.)

I'm definitely all for making it so she can't read her books at 0 sanity. Wes can't blow balloons at 0 sanity, so if something as small as that is a rule, why can't her books follow that too? Perhaps nerf some of her more absurd books, like On Tentacles, and add some new supportive books?

(Perhaps some books that require other character's items to craft? For example, using some spices from Warly to make a Cookbook that speeds up crockpots? Wigfrid's Battle Spear to make a one use "Tales of Valor" that creates a temporary aura that boosts attack speed? Just some ideas. :D)

Toros    1642
5 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

I’m going to be honest when I say Wicker’s rework is the one I fear the most. If people go the NERF or NOTHING route it’s going to really cause undesired effects for her teamwork capabilities, which is something that klei strives to not do. 

In my opinion, I feel like a few of the books could use some tweaking, since aside from a key few most honestly are not that amazing. In particular:

Applied horticulture: probably not the best one to list first. This is undoubtedly the best book with zero reasons why you shouldn’t use it. I’m not going to pretend that this book isn’t ridiculously powerful because it is. I still enjoy it, for insane amounts of resources though, since other methods involve making extreme farms to the point where preformance impacts are bound to happen, or are actually just impossible (for instance, trying to get more reeds). I don’t usually use it for food reasons since there are other methods that I usually find less time consuming. I could see a recipe tweak, but nothing too insane.

Birds of the world: pretty much all I use it for is farming krampus/getting darts. Darts are only reasonable if you have a Reed trap unless you spend an exceedingly large amount of time grinding reeds, and while it’s a decent source of food (especially bacon and eggs) I don’t value it too much compared to the sheer amount of krampus you get. I think it’s pretty potent, but considering it’s use I think it’s okay.

Sleepytime stories: basically a pan flute that exchanges it’s quick casting time for double the range. I actually think this is honestly the most balanced book of the bunch. The cast time makes it incredibly unfavorable to use in fights, but the range makes it a nice tool. It’s overall fairly fine.

On tentacles: this used to be the go to for bee queen/other farms, but I generally don’t use this anymore. The tentacles are messy and can easily kill you on accident, especially given safer methods. They do have some uses for farms, but it’s a pretty niche book to use in general.

End is Nigh!: basically used for overcharging WX, and that’s about it. You could charge lighting rods with it for tiny amounts of light, but in all honesty it’s not practical in the slightest.

I don’t know how I feel about wicker having to get a mourning glory alt for her books to be used. I would probably be okay if each book took like 1-2, but I don’t know if I would want to spend 3-4 days repeating a process over and over to achieve the same thing I could before.

As for what I want, it’s generally having her have more interesting books. Wicker is my favorite utility character and I really would like to see some more books get added. SW added the joy of volcology, and while it wasn’t used much it had some fun niche uses. I would love to see what they come up with. I could see a new downside or expanding upon her previous ones would be neat as well, although I have no idea what it would be.

One more thing: I don’t believe wickers sanity should influence if she can read a book or not. The lunar island exists, and even if you made it so she gets lunacy from reading and can’t read anymore at full lunacy you can just don a bone helm or spam a deserter to keep lunacy down for continued reads. And for normal reeding, you would just chug down dozens of sanity restoring foods to accomplish a similar feat. I just think it would add more tedium.

It’s hard for me to interpret this as anything but “I don’t want wickerbottom nerfed”

She doesn’t need to have her legs metaphorically broken but her downsides don’t matter at all outside of one optional seasonal event and her upsides are incredibly strong.

The nerfs you suggested wouldn’t change her being head and shoulders above the rest of the survivors (minus the obvious ones)

Rinkusan    950

As a Wicker main myself, I 100% believe that she needs some kind of overall-nerf. That being said, putting myself in Klei's shoes, just going the 'nerf this part of Wicker' approach will undoubtedly tick off a huge part of the community that've gotten accustomed to all the ridiculously powerful farms she can make with her books. 

Instead of reworking the book recipes, I think it would be better to rework her weaknesses. Her role as the queen of support is 100% great, but the fact that she practically has barely any negative consequences is problematic. If anything, many Wicker mains LIKE the sanity drain from reading.

Klei could keep the old books, add new books, but then modify her weaknesses so that you actually suffer consequences instead of benefiting from the act of reading. I like the "can't read without sanity" idea, but I also think you could drain other stats from reading depending on the book. Like, instead of 33 sanity drain from Horticulture, you could drain like - I don't know, just spitballing here - 30 hunger and 15 sanity. It thematically fits the book itself, helps the newbie Wickers who generally find low sanity as a death sentence, and overall nerfs her for the veteran Wickers without stripping away the existing farms that many of us have gotten used to. 

Ogrecakes    2993

I've wanted to mod my own Wicker rework, and I've got some of these concepts working, mainly focused on risk/reward, or reward+punishment, but my time is currently taken up developing Uncompromising Mode, so I figured I would post my plans here regardless:

Applied Horticulture: Grow and Harvest nearby plants (in a smaller radius), then make them require fertilization.

This would stop Wicker from just ignoring all rules of crop growth to get an insane amount of resources for an incredibly low cost.

Additionally, maybe make it cost leafy meat to craft? Would make lure plant farming a bit more valuable, and prevent you from crafting Applied Horticulture on like, day 2.

Birds of the World: Summon a flock of birds around Wicker, repeatedly damaging anything nearby, occasionally damaging Wicker as well.

Birds of the World is a cheap, fairly pointless book. Maybe used in conjunction with Sleepytime Stories for some morsels, and Krampus farming, I would want it to provide a unique ability that both helps and harms Wicker.

The End is Nigh: I would just want lightning to be reworked a bit, instead of just settings most things on fire and damaging players (and giving WX 100 health and overcharge...), I would want the strikes to do more direct damage to enemies.

I'm fine with it still striking Wicker, especially since you can use an umbrella, or other insulated clothing to protect yourself.

On Tentacles: Spawn a TEMPORARY horde of Tentacles, limit 1 group at a time.

On Tentacles is insanely strong, it can turn Wicker into the strongest, easiest raid boss killer, and the dying Tentacles will result in MORE tentacle spots to craft MORE On Tentacles, to spawn even MORE tentacles.

I would much rather they retain the same AI as the regular tentacles, but drop nothing, and last for a limited amount of time.

Sleepytime Stories: Perfectly fine in my eyes, its a ever so slightly worse panflute, if it was to get nerfed then MAYBE I would want it to put you in a drowsy state upon being read, I think thats a fair trade off.

x0-VERSUS-1y    5402
2 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I've wanted mod my own Wicker rework, and I've got some of these concepts working, mainly focused on risk/reward, or reward+punishment, but my time is currently taken up developing Uncompromising Mode, so I figured I would post my plans here regardless:

Applied Horticulture: Grow and Harvest nearby plants (in a smaller radius), then make them require fertilization.

This would stop Wicker from just ignoring all rules of crop growth to get an insane amount of resources for an incredibly low cost.

Additionally, maybe make it cost leafy meat to craft? Would make lure plant farming a bit more valuable, and prevent you from crafting Applied Horticulture on like, day 2.

Birds of the World: Summon a flock of birds around Wicker, repeatedly damaging anything nearby, occasionally damaging Wicker as well.

Birds of the World is a cheap, fairly pointless book. Maybe used in conjunction with Sleepytime Stories for some morsels, and Krampus farming, I would want it to provide a unique ability that both helps and harms Wicker.

The End is Nigh: I would just want lightning to be reworked a bit, instead of just settings most things on fire and damaging players (and giving WX 100 health and overcharge...), I would want the strikes to do more direct damage to enemies.

I'm fine with it still striking Wicker, especially since you can use an umbrella, or other insulated clothing to protect yourself.

On Tentacles: Spawn a TEMPORARY horde of Tentacles, limit 1 group at a time.

On Tentacles is insanely strong, it can turn Wicker into the strongest, easiest raid boss killer, and the dying Tentacles will result in MORE tentacle spots to craft MORE On Tentacles, to spawn even MORE tentacles.

I would much rather they retain the same AI as the regular tentacles, but drop nothing, and last for a limited amount of time.

Sleepytime Stories: Perfectly fine in my eyes, its a ever so slightly worse panflute, if it was to get nerfed then MAYBE I would want it to put you in a drowsy state upon being read, I think thats a fair trade off.

I fail to see why I for one (the random "pleb from the folk-bulk" analogy) would look forward to such rework. Most of these suggestions have little-to-no real applicability except niche aspects or "furr da lulz". No one would bother with something that is temporary and probably damage you more than it can do so on a specific target - and that target most likely won't be a boss as would be impractical in a battle (you need to be still for quite some time reading it whereas the boss does not; in tandem with STS, depending on the damage dealt, can be marginally helpful or quite useless to be ignored); likewise with a flock of birds doing damage to you and probably dealing marginal damage to a theoretical enemy. If is for attacking small mobs like rabbits, gobblers and such (basically a designated area-of-small damage to little critters)... waste of time and resources really: you don't find such natural tight-crowded critters spawns to amass more than 4-5 morsels. Again - "furr da lulz" maybe.

In my opinion a solid downside to Wicker's books would be the inability to further read after reaching 0 Sanity - solid for bulk of player-base, because these reworks aren't addressing only advanced players and their very efficient play-runs.

From personal experiences with other games, when "meta" characters are nerfed to the proverbial ground, very few people will stick with them/re-adapt; they are just dropped like used clothes in favor of a new "meta". And Winona with her Catapults already are a good alternative to Wicker's boss-tentacle traps. The current appeal of Wicker is less resources involved. If Wicker would be invalidated via a type of nerf like you propose, Winona will be next get-go "meta" in line.

Also, again-and-again, this is not a competitive PvP madness (and shouldn't be). No need for strict mechanical balance between all characters. Some can shine more.

Ogrecakes    2993
1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

"I've wanted to mod my own Wicker rework, and I've got some of these concepts working, mainly focused on risk/reward, or reward+punishment, but my time is currently taken up developing Uncompromising Mode, so I figured I would post my plans here regardless:"

Scarecrow0_0    42

For me, whenever I hear "nerf wicker" I freak out a bit. Unless you're a newer player, her downsides are basically nothing, and she IS strong, but so much of what she can do helps out not only the team but the late game as well. IMO, she needs more downsides, but don't just decrease attack damage or speed (that's already been done for Wendy and it takes away from experienced players wanting to continually play wicker, if we took away her attack damage she'd turn into another Winona where you switch to her, make a ton of books, and switch back to your main) I say we make going insane harder for her, not sure how this would look like but maybe a different super difficult shadow creature spawns for her, or maybe shadow's do 2x damage.

As for the books, let's see:

Applied horticulture seems like the strongest book, but I love so much about it. If we got rid of or significantly nerfed this book, endgame farming or resources would be super painful. I couldn't imagine building a mega base without an eyeplant wicker farm. So I think we should gate the recipe for the book, make it use something sea related to craft. (because the sea seems mostly useless right now) This would allow for players to rush Applied Horticulture if they wanted, but would make it way more difficult to gain access to the book, accept for endgame.

Bird's of the world is your one stop shop for krampus farming. Honestly I don't understand how people get krampus sacks without a wicker on the team to farm. This game would be SO much more grindy if I had to wait for Klause and Glommer in order to get a small CHANCE of a sack. With that being said, I think that the book is for the most part fine, it doesn't break the game and it provides a creative way to get a rare item. If anything, we could reduce the amount of birds that spawn from each read, (as to nullify a reed trap blow dart farm, and the insane amount of meat you get) and in addition we should increase the naughtiness acquired from killing each bird from 2 to 4. Less birds, less actual items, but same opportunity to farm Krampi (is that the plural?)

The end is nigh is a super interesting book, mainly because it only is useful when playing with a wx. This is good and bad, good because it creates a strategy involving multiple team characters that play off each others abilities (something that I wish klei would do more often), and bad because it only serves that specific purpose. You're never going to make this book if you don't have a Wx. I think that klei should rework this book so that in addition to helping out Wx, it also targets enemies instead of randomly shooting lightning to whatever attracts it. This way we keep the synergy with Wx, and we also make the book viable for solo use.

On Tentacles is one of the books that I strongly dislike. Sure you can use it for splumonkey farms and to kill boss', but I've never been a fan of "setting up" for a boss. If you can kill a boss and avoid all danger, without needing knowledge of the boss' mechanics and/or kiting pattern, then whatever enables you to do so should be majorly reworked. Additionally, there are plenty of ways to farm nightmare fuel, and other farms can be made with Winona's catapult instead of tentacles. The book seems sloppy and unnecessary to me, so I say we scarp the book entirely and let klei come up with some cool other idea to put in a book. Maybe this new book will create different strategies and synergies with other characters.

Sleepytime stories is perfect. I think that's the one thing that everyone in this thread can agree on. No changes from me, keep it just as it is.

So that's my two cents! Call me out on where I'm wrong and what could be done better, but I think that an overall rework and definitely not NERF or wicker is what we need, something that gates her books but doesn't take away from huge timesaving farms later game.

bagherthegamer    600

Personaly im not a wicker main and im not fully aware of her potential however it would be cool if we see more team based books like end is nigh and i also dont like the idea of changing any of her Current books specialy the applied horticulture since it is the best thing in the world to avoid the Resource gathering grind of dst.

My best idea for a downside is to lock the books in a harder to get crafting tier so you wouldnt be able to get the books with alchemy engine right of the back. 

As a maxwell main i think we need to give the books a special effect  when used by maxwell. Sorta like a stronger effect for some of the books like end is nigh while withering the plants with applied holticulture. 

Whatever the case i hope klei gets a good idea of what we all want from the rework and i hope it will be something everyone would enjoy. 

GetNerfedOn    5606
35 minutes ago, Cunning fox said:

I believe I saw a mod that nerfed her in a way that she'd die every 100th day from old age. Now that'd be a proper rework for her.

Joke mod rework suggestions like the notorious JohnWatson wicker rework you mentioned are not only irritatingly parroted plenty when Wicker's rework is mentioned, but they also really aren't constructive to the discussion at hand tbh.

Mike23Ua    5644

Isn’t it obvious what wickers biggest downside should be? She’s a LIBRARIAN, She should NEVER Lose Sanity while reading books..

instead it should be the exact Opposite- She should Lose Sanity when NOT READING books.

Librarians also enjoy peace and quiet.. so she would likely be irritated by loud noises- Such as an incoming hound wave barking.. moose goose honks.. etc.

she should be yelling shhh shut up quiet! quiet! 

A Wickerbottom Rework shouldn’t be “Whaa she’s way more OP than my favorite character to play as, Nerf her into the ground!”

PanAzej    2007

Make her not be able to read books while at 0 sanity, also give her a nice bookshelf to craft, where she can store her books.

The more books she has there, the bigger sanity aura it emanates.
If you want to be cheeky, also make it so it collects dust so that you have to use Clean Sweeper on it from time to time.

Klonik    9
4 hours ago, bagherthegamer said:

As a maxwell main i think we need to give the books a special effect  when used by maxwell. Sorta like a stronger effect for some of the books like end is nigh while withering the plants with applied holticulture. 

It's a really good idea, but I think that when Maxwell will use applied horticulture the shadow creatures will come and fertilize your plants in time, like 2 minutes (he won't be able to do something by himself, all of work will be done by shadow creatures). Also wicker cant sleep, so how she can be stuned from Berger yawn or by pan flute? I think it should be removed, and then idea with "weak bones"(less damege) or something is amazing.

Seero    852

Why nerf Wicker when maximizing her potential takes a substantial amount of time?

On tentacles: perfectly fine for farms, bee queen is already pretty easy with multiple people, so the tentacle books aren't really that op, just enables solo beequeen killing

Horticulture: Wouldn't really nerf food income, that book isn't responsible for being able to get tons of food, the game as a whole (and really anyone who's good at the game) is

Birds of the world: The only way to actually farm krampus, and then again it's pretty hard to get him to drop his sack

Sleepy time stories: Well, it could cost a little more nightmare fuel, maybe? It's definitely op in pvp, so I guess remove it's ability to make other people sleep

End is nigh: It basically buffs WX for like 7 days and that's it, this is the least good book and is ironically, the most expensive. Weaponizing lightning isn't practical either.

Joy of volcanology: Not even in DST kek

As for her farms
Lureplant grass/twig/whatever auto farm: takes too long, pattern is very specific, lureplants are season-specific

Krampus farm: see above

Reed trap farm: depends on reed trap actually generating, takes a while to set up (either painfully killing all the tentacles or waiting for Bearger, both of which either take a lot of time or resources)

Yeah i'm not really seeing why wicker is OP, sure she's great, but the game would only become worse if you nerfed her.

A lot of her stuff takes a lot of time to set up if you want to make her useful, so I think the end result is pretty worth it

minespatch    74340
1 hour ago, PanAzej said:

Make her not be able to read books while at 0 sanity

That makes sense. Kind of like how you get angry when you can't eat.

ShadowDuelist    6012

I really hope they don't nerf the current books or her reading capabilities.

Requiring sanity to be able to cast magic in general, although it sounds great in pen an paper, in reality I think it would just mean you had to take an extra step to spam cast magic: read, eat cooked cactii, read, etc... It's not fun nor meaningful.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

- Expand upon her elderly side by granting her downsides befitting an elderly person

On 5/2/2020 at 2:25 PM, Lakurius said:

-10% speed cuz she's old

I think this is the route nerfing her should take, not through her magic. Currently she's just a well rounded character that can do mostly everything, besides reading her books. I think she should be an overall physically weaker character that has to use her brains and magic to accomplish things.

Other examples of possible nerfs are:

• +15% damage taken from all sources (cause she's old)
  • 125 max HP, like she had on the forge.
  • Highly increased penalty from eating stale and spoiled foods. Stale food should grant no hunger to her, damage her sanity badly and deal a bit of health damage,regardless of the original properties of the food. Spoiled food should do all of the above, and damage her health a bunch.

On a side note I really want her magic repertoire expanded with more books, specially combat oriented ones that should be used actively during fights, maybe even equipping them in the hand slot and actively requiring you to aim the spell,

On 5/2/2020 at 2:56 PM, Dr. Safety said:

like a book that makes every mob on screen aggro to anything for a little bit or a book that makes everything pacified for a little bit. Obviously these should be end game crafts.

Basically this.

Or the petrification book from the forge, that turns smaller mobs to stone for a couple of seconds, preventing you from damaging them, but giving you time. It could also work to petrify trees after several uses.
Or a new book that turns herself and all allies within a small radius invisible and slightly faster moving to non-shadow enemies for X time, so long as they don't craft anything or hit anything for the duration. 
Or a book that marks an enemy, and when it dies, it immediately revives and fights for you for about a minute or so before dying again. 

The possibilities are endless but the main idea is that we should see wickers carrying books and using them in day to day life. It's very rare to see wicker players doing that right now, I'm probably the only one who goes around with a STS and uses it during fights.

Mike23Ua    5644

Birds of the world is a good book to use but only after you’ve set up hundreds of bird traps all around you.

Sure it’s not the most effective thing ever but it’s fun, it’s creative and very few people think to even do it.

To people crying Nerf Wicker.. should I be saying Nerf Willow since she’s immune to fire damage and has Bernie fighting all the Shadow creatures for her?

Managing Sanity as Wicker isn’t that hard once you’ve learned enough about the game, her inability to sleep makes no sense.. and quite literally locks her out of certain gameplay elements such as getting gifts from Wintersfeast tree.

Most of Wickers books in my experience are quite expensive but also quite useless.. the End is Nigh is fun to spam, but it doesn’t really DO Anything... which is just sad. Plus causing random lightning strike flashes could probably trigger epilepsy in some people playing. But then again- this game wasn’t really designed with that in mind so it’s not something I see them suddenly changing now.

Before There was Harry Potter there was PageMaster- Turn Wicker into THAT!! I want flying books with Teeth that will attack my enemies.

Any Questions?

BF47F2D6-38F8-4A80-9FC5-B5C05512A1D7.jpeg

Seero    852
3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think this is the route nerfing her should take, not through her magic. Currently she's just a well rounded character that can do mostly everything, besides reading her books. I think she should be an overall physically weaker character that has to use her brains and magic to accomplish things.

Outright speednerfs with no compensation (wilbur being able to become more speedy if he walks for a bit since he can run)

and wolfgang being able to maintain his speed or increasing it through eating

would just be boring, wicker canonically is actually pretty strong

Speed is the most important short-term concept in the game. Since wicker is a long-term oriented character, (Longterm, not OP) it would make sense to nerf her short-term stats, right? WRONG. Nerfing her speed outright would be a sin. Speed is especially useful in the game and just outright nerfing it for some characters would just make said character less enjoyable.

image.png.0bfa5562adc7b7a49e70cda7694305cb.png

also im pretty sure laku was joking when he said that

790740019_Isitopflowchart.thumb.png.ebdb19fde6609798197179754a43770e.pngalso I made a "is it OP" flow chart

When I specified that doing that stuff isn't a great thing, doing all of that within the same amount of time might just be, a great thing