Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 406451

chemie    715

5 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fixes:

• Duplicants can no longer get the "Pacifist" trait if they have a Digging interest. This prevents the bug where their stats would reroll if they ever had both Digging interest and Pacifist.
  • Door toggle buttons once again animate while waiting for a Duplicant to perform the action

Optimizations:

• Reduce memory usage when saving numbers. And there are a lot of numbers in this game...
  • Reduce memory usage for writing out encoded strings
  • Reduce Report Manager memory usage while saving

View full update

experimental or main branch?

Edited by chemie

SamLogan    974
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Here's another hotfix for the Testing branch! Please give it a try and let us know if you see any issues!

I did a try with a big save, still no change for me since my last test here (maybe it's my CPU is too old) :

Edited by SamLogan

Rico0    188
3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Duplicants can no longer get the "Pacifist" trait if they have a Digging interest. This prevents the bug where their stats would reroll if

YES! YES! YESSSSSSSS
FINALLY I WAS SUFFERING FOR TOO LONG

MarcinW    69

Could you make an option for more precise temperature heat transfer calculation (under difference single degree by tile)? I guess it would take a lot more of computing power, so it would be optional, but that would make more fun in actually cooling my base. 

Currently before my base gets really hot I notice that every tile stops getting more heat when they reach a difference of single degree and several dozens tile away temp is much higher and never gets near my base.

Really cold Ice map with note warm geysers would be also nice :)

Anyway good job guys! I love you work! 

Gurgel    1919
16 hours ago, SamLogan said:

I did a try with a big save, still no change for me since my last test here (maybe it's my CPU is too old) :

That is a bit strange. CPU performance usually should have no impact on memory consumption. Are you sure you are measuring the right thing? This is about memory footprint increase directly after saving.

OxCD    736

Hi.

Hem... While we are right between an optimization update and an automation update... may I ? :

Thanks guys...

Have a nice day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

melquiades    109

Upon further testing i have noticed a reduction in memory usage up to a 20 flipping percent!

But disk usage went up considerably, i guess you are sending that data to the page file instead. The simulation seems to go smoother, cause my 400 slicksters are not starving to death and managed to eat over a 100 Kg per tile of a CO2 ridden room, fps is still the same choppy mess, but it is not helping that i added another 4 dupes to handle my new ranches ._.

Time to retire the M.2 SSD and get a NVMe.2 drive i guess.

Keep up such a great work, you are awesome!

I haven't reproduced the heavy disk usage, i'll keep playing and report back.

Edited by melquiades