Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

oconzer

Bunker Doors being more reactive based on signal

oconzer    61

I'd like it if the bunker doors were more reactive based on the signal that they are currently receiving. I'd like to see them if they are currently shutting and receive a green signal to switch what they are doing and open from their current closed position, and shut from their current open position if they receive a red signal while open.

oconzer    61
8 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

I hope they speed up the open/closing bunker doors 

Honestly they are fine I feel. If they did speed them up they'd cost more power to open and close.

Sasza22    2380

Speeding them up would fix some things about them. Currently they are fully closed until they finish opening. Then they are fully open until the finish closing. What state they would be if they stopped opening or closing mid way? They`d need to add a third state for it to work properly. Just simply making them faster would adress some issues they have in an easier way.

alexkuzmov    48

The bunker doors are sh!t all around.
Not only are their states of openness unclear.
Also auto miners and sweepers dont work properly if what you want to mine/sweep is behind a bunker door.
Also they cost more steel, but cover less space.

Meltdown    39
16 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Currently they are fully closed until they finish opening. Then they are fully open until the finish closing. What state they would be if they stopped opening or closing mid way?

Bunker doors are working the same way as mechanized airlocks - they change their open/closed state at the end of the animation, and only if it matches the signal they are receiving. If it is not, they immideatly start the opposite animation without changing the actual state for a split-second. And midway animation signal changes are ignored. 

So, speeding up bunker doors would just make the issue all doors having less noticeable.

I don't think their speed should be tweaked, thought. Working around it is meant to be a challenge, after all.

4 minutes ago, alexkuzmov said:

Also they cost more steel, but cover less space.

Balance reasons, I guess. They have a bit more complex functionality than bunker tiles, therefore it seems logical that they cost more.

Sasza22    2380
4 hours ago, Meltdown said:

So, speeding up bunker doors would just make the issue all doors having less noticeable.

That`s what i meant. It would make the problems happen less often. A band aid fix for sure but would adress the most common problems.

4 hours ago, alexkuzmov said:

Also auto miners and sweepers dont work properly if what you want to mine/sweep is behind a bunker door.

Airlocks also block them. They only work through normal doors. It`s not only a bunker door problem. It`s more apparent as they are opened most of the time.

oconzer    61

Well honestly I think that the bunker doors being that they are 2x the length of a airlock door should have partial open states, based on how far the doors are closed according to animation. When the doors are both halfway from the center, the bunker door should act as a blocking tile for the 2 outer parts and open in the center.