Sign in to follow this  
Aviivix

welcome to the birdcage (avi art thing)

Auth    9968

I was going to quote the posts with art that I particularly liked, and point out that I did indeed like them and thought they were really good.

But that's just everything in here, eh? My post would take up a lot of room if I did that.

Good stuff. Really good stuff.

minespatch    78486

I can't help but imagine Wilson being a magical boy with the way you pose him with his different skins.

That smallbird is so adorable! Poofy chest.:wilson_smile:

Aviivix    246
6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I can't help but imagine Wilson being a magical boy with the way you pose him with his different skins.

That smallbird is so adorable! Poofy chest.:wilson_smile:

they're very magical and it takes them a surprisingly long time to question how their abilities work

The poofy "chest" is actually the neck resting on the body - I used heron chicks as a reference to go with the other drawing of the heron tallbird!

Little Blue Heron - Sharp-Eatman Nature Photography

• Like 3

minespatch    78486

Time to bring in Snow and heat miser to sing.:wilson_sneaky:

So Mags can bring fire out of his mouth like a kaiju? Those poor Gingerpigs didn't see it coming.

• Like 1

Aviivix    246
7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Time to bring in Snow and heat miser to sing.:wilson_sneaky:

So Mags can bring fire out of his mouth like a kaiju? Those poor Gingerpigs didn't see it coming.

And Snowy can breathe frost out his mouth in the same way - though it's probably not quite as destructive as the fire, lol.

• Like 1

minespatch    78486

You're not bothering us. I think the idea that each skin collection is its own character is pretty fun. Imagine Maxwell reacting to his verdant version.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2

Aviivix    246
Just now, minespatch said:

You're not bothering us. I think the idea that each skin collection is its own character is pretty fun. Imagine Maxwell reacting to his verdant version.:wilson_ecstatic:

lmao maybe not you but I could very well be weirding out quite a few silent people who just can't buy them as being separate characters. i don't wanna just be known for this considering how uncomfortable it could make people, and even in trying to make them look like literally entirely different to the point to where I didn't think Mags even resembled Wilson anymore, every comment is still the same "nice take on magmatic wilson", so I just have to take the L and move onto something else.

• Like 1

ZeeDragon    1967

No, you're completely fine. Most of us aren't bothered. I'll be honest with you, I also make people very uncomfortable. :wilson_dorky: 

• Like 2

bruhmoment23    6591

I mean i don't see anything wrong with your characters, if you just don't buy the "nice attitude" from people in the comments, that's understandable. From my perspectice you don't weird anyone out, your art looks smooth and nice. Don't know if you're used to being told that your art is bad or something like that but it seriously isn't.

• Thanks 1

Aviivix    246

Ack, just, nevermind. I appreciate the supportive comments, but I was only really interested in these two specific characters, and I got too far into it for most people to be okay with in the idea of them being just two versions of Wilson. The fact is it'll never break away from just lookin' like two Wilsons, so just for everyone's sanity it's better if I don't.

I'm gonna probably swing back with a crossover with a certain obscure animated YouTube series bc it just recently uploaded and I'm hype about it. (IT'S SUCH A SHORT UPLOAD BUT ITS LIKE MONTHS IN ANTICIPATION AAA) Y'all can take your best guesses of what it'll be in the meantime :P

• Like 4

Aviivix    246
Just now, minespatch said:

I think it'd be fun to see Mags going after Gingerpigs like a Japanese movie Kaiju.:wilson_ecstatic:

stop giving me excuses to draw themmmm aaaaa >.>

• Haha 3