Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Return of Them Beta: She Sells Sea Shells

WhackE    158

YES FINALLY I'm ecstatic that they finally fixed the Giants invincibility glitch, I was getting so tired of fighting Moose and every time after she jumped  not being able to hit her

• Thanks 3

JosePapp    594
12 minutes ago, Canis said:

What's the trident about? Sounds like a new weapon.

it's a weapon made with gnarwhale horns that makes a boiling water-ish attack

Charesque    687
22 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

If the Crab King fight really is meant for multiple people then I, as a someone who plays solo, am a bit disappointed

It's... doable, except you need to prepare for it in advance. Mallbatross' beak really helps during the fight, and weather pains could deal passive damage while you're rowing your way out from his attacks. Problem arises as soon as he starts summoning his claws, since you have to first get rid of the claws and then start rowing as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1

WhackE    158
46 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

If the Crab King fight really is meant for multiple people then I, as a someone who plays solo, am a bit disappointed

I would imagine eventually people will find a way to solo it. Just as they did for Fuel Weaver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Viktor234    4289
Just now, Charesque said:

Any differences to the loot table after his death if specific gems are used?

HermitPearl: Drops the Celestial Tribute (right now same as Moon Altar) and a broken pearl.

Other gems: Returns the gem.

• Like 1

Terra B Welch    4215

Soloing the new boss looks like complete hell. :s

I think in my head it's the whole kiting with the boats.

I guess klei really is going for the whole fight the boss with a group of players approach with the ocean bosses, and if you're solo I guess it's either "git gud or give up scrub".

I'm sure it'll be better once it's fleshed out though, I have to remind myself that this is a beta that just came out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

bruhmoment23    5721
1 hour ago, Terra M Welch said:

complete hell. :s

From my first experience with him ( non legit fight ) he doesnt seem that hard, but the most crucial part is that this battle takes places on SEA, it's not like Malbatross where he just slaps you, destroys your masts then proceeds to run only to be aggroed back into fight by a boomerang. For sure Crab King is soloable, but will take alot of time, patience and extra effort, fighting with a group of people just makes this fight easier. You can basically prepare the arena for the fight by clearing out all the sea stacks near him, that will help alot, when it comes to actual fight i would think his regen would be most annoying, aswell as his geysers/shockwaves since you'll have to constantly maneuver your boat, sails wouldn't be great for this encounter so most likely oars are the way to go.

Edited by bruhmoment23